Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Trump advisor Peter Thiel became New Zealand citizen in California in 2011

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Why would you say such a thing? For example, I posted a lot of negative articles on Trump's nomination for Secretary of Labor, Mr. Puzder. Does that mean I was trying to smear him because he's got a bald head and beats his wife? No it doesn't. JohnDoe is right, you have come out against dual-citizenship in the past. Are you insinuating that it is okay for a Trump nominee to have dual-citizenship, but it's not okay for anyone else? I think it would be fair to say you're sending out a very confused and mixed message on this topic.

Besides all that, I think JohnDoe made it clear that it is Thiel's dual-citizenship that he questions.
    You two are the ones confused.

First of all, Peter Thiel is not a Trump nominee to any post.

Second of all, Peter Thiel is NOT a dual-citizen, he's a triple-citizen. Thiel was born in Germany and is a citizen of Germany, moved to the US when he was an infant and became a naturalized US citizen, now he's taken a interest in New Zealand and became a citizen of New Zealand as well.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You two are the ones confused.

First of all, Peter Thiel is not a Trump nominee to any post.

Second of all, Peter Thiel is NOT a dual-citizen, he's a triple-citizen. Thiel was born in Germany and is a citizen of Germany, moved to the US when he was an infant and became a naturalized US citizen, now he's taken a interest in New Zealand and became a citizen of New Zealand as well.

Dual-citizen, triple-citizen, what's the difference. Personally, I don't think a presidential adviser can be fully trusted that claims an allegiance to two or three countries. Right or wrong, that's my view on the subject.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!!! Hell, MW, COME ON, you thought one ought to be President of the United States! You even called him a "natural born citizen" under the US Constitution.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    LOL!!! Hell, MW, COME ON, you thought one ought to be President of the United States! You even called him a "natural born citizen" under the US Constitution.

How quickly and conveniently we forget the facts. The person you're referring to was a natural born citizen under the U.S. Constitution and he immediately renounced his dual-citizenship when he became aware of it, unlike this Theil character who has no such intentions.

Actually, if I remember correctly you didn't even think he should be able to serve in the U.S. Senate because of the dual-citizenship issue. However, now it appears you're singing a different tune simply because Trump likes Theil ....... mixed messages.
    Last edited by MW; 02-10-2017 at 12:21 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How can someone who was born in another country be a natural born citizen? LOL!! Talk about oxymorons.

I don't think candidates with dual citizenship should be elected to Congress. Just my opinion.

Peter Thiel is a Trump Supporter. Nigel Farage is a Trump Supporter. Marine Le Pen is a Trump Supporter. Sebastian Gorka is a Trump Supporter.

Thiel isn't running for office. Thiel isn't a nominee for any post. So why try to smear Peter Thiel?

MW
    How can someone who was born in another country be a natural born citizen? LOL!! Talk about oxymorons.

I don't think candidates with dual citizenship should be elected to Congress. Just my opinion.

Peter Thiel is a Trump Supporter. Nigel Farage is a Trump Supporter. Marine Le Pen is a Trump Supporter. Sebastian Gorka is a Trump Supporter.

Thiel isn't running for office. Thiel isn't a nominee for any post. So why try to smear Peter Thiel?
    We've been over the natural born citizen thing 100 times. Don't blame me if you weren't paying attention or have difficulty comprehending the U.S. Constitution.

Excerpt:

All the sources routinely used to interpret the Constitution confirm that the phrase “natural born Citizen” has a specific meaning: namely, someone who was a U.S. citizen at birth with no need to go through a naturalization proceeding at some later time. And Congress has made equally clear from the time of the framing of the Constitution to the current day that, subject to certain residency requirements on the parents, someone born to a U.S. citizen parent generally becomes a U.S. citizen without regard to whether the birth takes place in Canada, the Canal Zone, or the continental United States.
    http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/...-born-citizen/

On Theil, I suspect some folks may feel having a direct influence on the President of the Untied States is a very important position that requires one to have sole allegiance to the United States of America. Personally, I didn't smear the guy, it's just that I can see how someone with triple-citizenship could bring into question his full allegiance to the U.S. I would think you could understand such a concern.

On Theil, I suspect some folks may feel having a direct influence on the President of the Untied States is a very important position that requires one to have sole allegiance to the United States of America. Personally, I didn't smear the guy, it's just that I can see how someone with triple-citizenship could bring into question his full allegiance to the U.S. I would think you could understand such a concern.
    Well, why do you think he's an "advisor"? First you said he was a nominee, which he isn't. Now you're claiming Thiel is an "advisor". Thiel doesn't work for the Trump White House or Administration in any capacity and has no interest in doing so.

I think you're chasing a rabbit down the hole and fell in.

Hmm, there is a group trying to raise campaign money to run for California Governor.

As for dual citizenship, there was a time that it was required to renounce citizenship to another country before becoming a U.S. citizen. Overtime, I learned that the U.S. never pursued checking if the person had followed through. It ended up that some countries of origin had strict laws about dual citizenship and upon finding out that their citizen had become a US citizen would strip there citizenship. I read an article not to long ago that said new US citizens were no longer given the oath that denounced allegiance to foreign countries.

We've been sold out on such a level by DHS, that it's just mind-boggling.

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

Well, why do you think he's an "advisor"? First you said he was a nominee, which he isn't. Now you're claiming Thiel is an "advisor". Thiel doesn't work for the Trump White House or Administration in any capacity and has no interest in doing so.
    What am I missing here? The man has clearly been identified as a Trump adviser.

Silicon Valley billionaire and President Donald Trump adviser Peter Thiel was able to gain New Zealand citizenship in 2011 despite never having lived in the country, because a top lawmaker decided his entrepreneurial skills and philanthropy were valuable to the nation, documents reveal.
    Thiel has not only generously funded the president’s campaign and opened for him at the Republican National Convention, but now provides economic policy advice to the White House (and helped organize a farcical meeting of tech CEOs at Trump Tower).
    Last edited by MW; 02-10-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast