By GABBY MORRONGIELLO • 7/13/16 6:53 PM

Donald Trump has rubber-stamped the new GOP platform drafted by members of the Republican National Convention's Platform Committee this week.

"The platform is largely a Trump platform," Trump told Fox News' Bret Baier in an interview aired Wednesday evening.

"If you look at trade and Trans-Pacific Partnership and if you look at the wall and borders, if you look at all those things, I mean a few people have said it's like a Donald Trump speech," he added.

The platform, which will be voted on by all 2,472 delegates at the convention in Cleveland, scraps support for the TPP and calls for GOP leaders to exercise caution when determining the benefits of new multinational trade agreements going forward. The draft also includes language supportive of a physical wall along the Southern border, but declines to go so far as to say Mexico should pay for it.

"I think what's happening with the platform is very good," Trump told Baier, adding that he was "really surprised" to see members of the platform committee embrace his policy proposals on creating "very strong borders."

"Just so you understand, I am a representative of the party and many of the things on that platform have been amazing," he said. "Do I agree with everything? Nobody ever has."

One area in which Trump appeared to split from the platform was the party's opposition to allowing women to serve in combat roles in the military.

"I would say with women, if they qualify — and I have to say there are very few that qualify from a certain standpoint," Trump said, noting that "no platform is ever the same."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2596431