Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
Well I certainly don't know who you think chose him (Cruz) or was pushing him forward. He had the support of a lot of Americans, but the corporate world, illegal immigrant advocates, and most congresspersons didn't care for him.

I share your concerns about John McCain. He's definitely on my most hated list.

Yes, McCain's father was stationed in Panama and the American citizen mother of Cruz was temporarily working in Canada.
Truly, I have no opinion on Ted Cruz's citizenship, but if John McCain's father was in the military at the time, I can see that would be different. At one time, children of military personnel born outside the US carried dual citizenship and had to choose when they reached 18 or 21. At least that was how it was with my nephew.

Don't forget a lot of Americans like Obama, and Hillary Clinton as well, but we surely have to admit there were some very powerful people and money pushing them.

I have this theory there are people in our government, corporate world, judicial system, etc. that are chosen by those people who run this country. I'm not talking about those we see, or our politicians, but the money people who pull the strings.

I think there are some who are chosen and built up and 'sold' to the Americans.

To me, the Clintons and Obama certainly are in that group and I think Cruz is/was as well. I think because of his Hispanic heritage, they believed he could be put forward and sold to the American and would also their bidding.

The Bushes are already chosen by virtue of their family's long political, financial, and intelligence community connections - but they are certainly agreeable to those with the power people.