Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump Hits Cruz for 'Fraud,' Calls for Do-Over in Iowa

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Hits Cruz for 'Fraud,' Calls for Do-Over in Iowa

Feb 3 2016, 10:59 am ET

Trump Hits Cruz for 'Fraud,' Calls for Do-Over in Iowa

by Ali Vitali

Less than 48 hours after an Iowa caucus defeat, Donald Trump is calling for a do-over. The New York business man accused the Ted Cruz campaign of fraudulent activities during the Iowa caucuses, after controversial voter mailers and reports that Cruz staffers lied to caucus goers by indicating Dr. Ben Carson was dropping out in order to gain votes for Cruz. Cruz has since called for the firing of those people and apologized.

Trump Reflects On What Happened in Iowa 1:02

Trump took to Twitter to air his grievances against what he called Cruz's "fraud" and in subsequent tweets made the case for why he believed "a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified.
    9:28 AM - 3 Feb 2016

4,076 4,076 Retweets

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The Voter Violation certificate gave poor marks to the unsuspecting voter(grade of F) and told them to clear it up by voting for Cruz. Fraud
    9:10 AM - 3 Feb 2016

1,901 1,901 Retweets

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Many people voted for Cruz over Carson because of this Cruz fraud. Also, Cruz sent out a VOTER VIOLATION certificate to thousands of voters.
    9:07 AM - 3 Feb 2016

2,217 2,217 Retweets

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

During primetime of the Iowa Caucus, Cruz put out a release that @RealBenCarson was quitting the race, and to caucus (or vote) for Cruz.
    8:56 AM - 3 Feb 2016

2,246 2,246 Retweets

Cruz won Iowa with 28 percent of the vote with Trump finishing second at 24 percent. Trump, who was polling just ahead of Cruz in the days before the Iowa caucus, has argued that his second place finish was actually a success, especially when he was warned early on that he "would be lucky" to make the top 10 there, he told crowds in Milford, NH Monday night. "We did really well," Trump assured his supporters. But despite touting his success, it seems Trump is still trying to tear his rivals' wins down.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...r-iowa-n510431
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cruz has a big problem. Not just from Trump but from Carson, too. This could have not only pushed votes to Cruz, it may have also landed Rubio some as well, because Carson was ahead of Rubio in the polls wasn't he? I think he was ahead of Rubio in Iowa.

GO TRUMP!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

February 03, 2016, 09:09 am

Trump calls for 'new election' after accusing Cruz of fraud in Iowa

By Neetzan Zimmerman

Donald Trump is accusing Republican presidential rival Ted Cruz of committing fraud ahead of Monday night's Iowa caucuses, and he is calling for a "new election."

"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified," Trump tweeted on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, the real estate mogul tweeted, then quickly deleted, a claim that Cruz didn’t earn a fair victory in Iowa, saying he “illegally stole it.”

"Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he illegally stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong any [sic] why he got more votes than anticipated. Bad!" the GOP front-runner tweeted.

The post went up Wednesday morning before being removed less than a minute later.

It was subsequently replaced with a new tweet that omitted the word “illegally.”

Cruz’s campaign fired back at Trump in a statement emailed to media outlets.

"Reality just hit the reality star — he lost Iowa and now nobody is talking about him, so he's popping off on Twitter," said Cruz spokesman Rick Tyler. "There are support groups for Twitter addiction, perhaps he should find his local chapter."

Cruz came under fire in the days leading up to the Iowa caucuses for distributing a misleading mailer that attempted to shame recipients into turning out to vote for the Texas senator.

Following his decisive win over the GOP field, Cruz was accused by fellow presidential candidate Ben Carson of spreading a false rumor that Carson was dropping out of the race in order to sabotage the retired neurosurgeon's campaign.

Cruz later apologized.

At his first post-Iowa rally in Milford, N.H., Trump called Cruz “dirty,” adding “what he did to Ben Carson was a disgrace."

Cruz won the Iowa caucus with more than 27 percent of the vote. Trump, who finished second, held the lead in polls of the state before the ballots were cast.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-deleted-tweet

I don't think Cruz, Rick Tyler or Steve King understand where they are right now or they wouldn't be taking this so lightly. It wasn't one fraud, it was 3.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-03-2016 at 02:51 PM.

MW
    All I see is sour grapes. Trump disappointed me big time here. I was very pleased with his somewhat humble speech after his 2nd place show in Iowa. I thought he was dignified and presidential like. Of course I shouldn't be surprised that Trump latched on to the first thing he could find to start whining, saying he was cheated, etc., etc. Not surprised, but disappointed. Suck it up man, and let's move to New Hampshire.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump Supporters in Iowa and across the country won't let this one slip back into the snake hole. I don't know the law on this or who is responsible for investigating it, but this will not die down and blow away. Trump Supporters worked their asses off in Iowa, they turned out in droves to vote for him, they stood in lines and waited for hours to hear his speak, and got out the vote that broke a record in Iowa. For them to lose after all they did due to voter fraud is not fair to them. For Trump it's 1 delegate, but for Trump Supporters in Iowa, it's everything, it's a spit in their face, a stab in their back, and they need the support of all Americans to get to the bottom of this, hold the cheaters responsible and accountable and then do whatever is right and best to correct the results.

I think if your campaign is guilty of voter fraud, you as a candidate should be disqualified.

Oh no, Trump Supporters aren't going to "suck it up, man". And I don't think Carson Supporters will either. Why would you think he should?

In the meantime, Tricky Ted continues to earn his label.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump Supporters in Iowa and across the country won't let this one slip back into the snake hole. I don't know the law on this or who is responsible for investigating it, but this will not die down and blow away. Trump Supporters worked their asses off in Iowa, they turned out in droves to vote for him, they stood in lines and waited for hours to hear his speak, and got out the vote that broke a record in Iowa. For them to lose after all they did due to voter fraud is not fair to them. For Trump it's 1 delegate, but for Trump Supporters in Iowa, it's everything, it's a spit in their face, a stab in their back, and they need the support of all Americans to get to the bottom of this, hold the cheaters responsible and accountable and then do whatever is right and best to correct the results.

I think if your campaign is guilty of voter fraud, you as a candidate should be disqualified.

Oh no, Trump Supporters aren't going to "suck it up, man". And I don't think Carson Supporters will either. Why would you think he should?

That's the whole point, it wasn't voter fraud. In the worst case scenario it was a misunderstanding King had with something he heard in regards to Carson. To my knowledge Cruz had absolutely nothing to do with the tweet that King made. Heck, Cruz even came out and apologized for Rep. King's misunderstanding and tweet.

IMO, Trump's reaction gives the appearance of sour grapes and whining. If I feel that way, I'm sure there are others Trump supporters that will too. There are many of us out here (in the country) that support both Trump and Cruz. Both of them may want to keep that in mind when they start the needless attacks on each other.

That's the first time I've heard that label. Regardless, what happened had nothing to do with Ted Cruz directly. He didn't send out the tweet, nor did he sanction it.

I hope this situation doesn't give people an excuse to label Trump. A label such as 'crybaby Trump' wouldn't be very beneficial to his campaign.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's the first time I've heard that label. Regardless, what happened had nothing to do with Ted Cruz directly. He didn't send out the tweet, nor did he sanction it.
    I labelled him Tricky Ted on this forum in December when he lied to 18 million people during the December 15 GOP Debate. I'm surprised you missed it. And he's earned it every day since. And one of the problems with a Tricky Ted these days, is you can't get away with it. Very difficult. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Media Coverage, Texts, Emails (ask Hillary), it's all on record.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That would be a bigger problem I fear. Instead insurgent campaign workers who are really there to get a candidate disqualified may become the new norm. Its not that hard to become a campaign worker and even if they did some serious vetting their isn't any real way to really know if a campaign worker can be trusted. Its already likely that in campaigns that their have been insurgents really looking to sabotage or at least leak things bad about the candidate they are acting in support of to help another gain ground.

But this is definately an issue and the campaign workers should not only be fired but face severe fines and in some cases jailtime for vote rigging which is exactly what it is in this case. They also need a solid do-over but that will be harder as the last vote will be effecting the next re-do vote along with some candidates who were there may have already dropped meaning their votes will be up for grabs.

This issue is really important from a fair elections standpoint. We already knew we had a bunch of crooks in Congress, but to see this happen in Iowa, is really surprising and shows just how deeply degraded our government is. You see King supporting Cruz, you see all those endorsements for Rubio, and it's clear as bell why we America needs Donald Trump to win this election, and his opponents can call him a crybaby or whiner if they want, but what does that say about them when they are showing they don't support fair elections? It wasn't just Trump who was harmed by this, it was Ben Carson also.

I read a comment from a Trump supporter at the Iowa Caucus that where he was at, was all confusion. There were four tables and anybody could submit votes to any table and then, go to another table and VOTE AGAIN! There has to be more on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast