Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trump: I’m ‘Changing’ and ‘Softening’ My Position on Visas, ‘We Need Highly Skilled P

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump: I’m ‘Changing’ and ‘Softening’ My Position on Visas, ‘We Need Highly Skilled P

This very disappointing to read.

Trump: I’m ‘Changing’ and ‘Softening’ My Position on Visas, ‘We Need Highly Skilled People In This Country’
    by Ian Hanchett3 Mar 201617
    Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated that he was “changing” and “softening” the visa position in his immigration platform because “We need highly skilled people in this country” including “in Silicon Valley” during Thursday’s GOP presidential debate on the Fox News Channel on Thursday.

Trump was asked by moderator Megyn Kelly,” Mr. Trump, your campaign website to this day, argues that more visas for highly skilled workers would ‘decimate’ American workers. However, at the CNBC debate, you spoke enthusiastically in favor of these visas, so which is it?”
    He responded, “I’m changing. We need highly skilled people in this country. And if we can’t do it, we’ll get them in. But — and we do need, in Silicon Valley. We absolutely have to have, — so we do need highly skilled. And one of the biggest problems we have, is people go to the best colleges, they’ll go to Harvard, they’ll go to Stanford, they’ll go to Wharton, as soon as they’re finished, they get shoved out. They go — they want to stay in this country. They want to stay here desperately. They’re not able to stay here. For that purpose, we absolutely have to be able to keep the brain power in this country.”
    He was then asked, “You are abandoning the position on your website?” He responded, “I’m changing it, and I’m softening the position, because we have to have talented people in this country.”
    Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett

I know so many did not like hearing this. Let us hope Senator Sessions can steer him back in the right direction to protect American workers and jobs.

Roy Beck called this a " bombshell".
    https://mobile.twitter.com/roybeck_nusa

And when people do come, they don't need to stay. They need to go home and bring their skills to help their own countries move forward.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 03-04-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This was posted on Trump's web site:

Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

This issue is too important to evolve in the wrong direction, away from support for American jobs. There are no shortages of high skilled workers. Is this a Flip-flop? Whatever you call it, it is not good for America.

Someone in his camp must recognize that his response rang alarm bells in the matter of immigration. He felt the need to post a snapshot of previous information from his website. Doesn't help when he says he wants high skilled foreigners to come, to stay and to ultimately take jobs from Americans. And he used the term flexibility over and over, give and take. We have taken enough and don't want to give anymore on these important matters of immigration.

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

So so tired of being disappointed in people when it comes to immigration.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 03-04-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think in the debate, he was thinking of highly skilled foreign college graduates. It makes sense to retain college graduates that, maybe, have a post-graduate degree or a doctorate with high GPAs. As long as they are payed the actually prevailing wage. There should be a quota. The students with run of the mill bachelors degree should not get to stay and work. Personally, I wish all of them would go back and give American a chance.

Our country could easily survive without the H-1b program. It was doing well in 1980 when I started in IT. WE can train our own people. They're smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott-in-FL View Post
    This was posted on Trump's web site:

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."
    While these visa programs are meant to be temporary, we know that people overstay their visas. As I said in other post, wanting foreigners to permanently stay and ultimately take jobs that Americans could fill was so disappointing, even high skilled college graduates as you mention Scott. They have expanded the numbers to ridiculous levels, no reasonable quotas and excuses that there are not high skilled workers available are fabricated by those who want this labor.

i would have preferred to see this thread with title of Trump was toughening his stance on visas, not softening.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 03-04-2016 at 03:02 AM.

This position change is akin to his off the record conversation with NYT's editorial board regarding his flexibility with deportations that he will not release (I wonder what he said that he doesn't want to repeat or reveal). While this position change (H1-B) was open last night, it may be a sign of things to come. He struggled on many issues that were far more important than this, but managed to spend enough time on this subject to determine that we need highly skilled people that are in his opinion, just not available in numbers here by Americans. Just ask the 180 IT folks at Abbott Labs who now have to train their foreign replacements.

This is exactly the same problem with illegal immigration. Our economy has been corrupted to create jobs for people who are not here yet. Most illegal immigrants take jobs that wouldn't exist if they could not be filled by illegal immigrants. The jobs are created by other "legal" immigrants. Same thing with high tech jobs. The jobs are created by immigrants for other immigrants. Furthermore, the educational VISAs have become corrupted from providing opportunities for other countries to improve their situation by educating their citizens, to become an immigration program to provide labor for other immigrants.

And none of these people care about citizenship. They want the space, resources and quality of life that generations of hard work by citizens have created. They are not interested in improving the quality of life in their countries of origin. To them, that's our problem and their solution is to ship their problems here.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are a lot of lies associated with "advanced skills" possessed by indian IT workers. I have come across many - they will tell you they are advanced in huge sized data control/management. They have no special knowledge, they almost have a smirk on their face as the words come out.

Would like more clarity from Mr Trump, is he confusing the reality of very smart individuals schooling here then they have to leave? He has stated before the best should stay. That is a different category than the overuse of H1-b workers.
    his site states:
    - March 03, 2016 -

Last edited by artist; 03-04-2016 at 01:59 PM.