Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump on meeting with Ryan: 'We are getting there'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump on meeting with Ryan: 'We are getting there'

May 12, 2016, 06:18 pm
    Trump on meeting with Ryan: 'We are getting there'

By Jessie Hellmann

Donald Trump called Thursday’s meeting with Speaker Paul Ryan on Capitol Hill “very, very good,” adding that for the most part, the two “agree on a lot of different items.”

“I thought it was really a very, very good meeting,” Trump said in an excerpt of an interview that will air on Fox News Thursday night. “I don’t mind going through a little bit of a slow process. It’s a very big subject."

“I think we agree on a lot of different items, and we are getting there," he added.

The presumptive Republican nominee and Ryan issued a joint statement following their meeting in Washington, saying they had a “great conversation” and that they were honest over their “few differences.”

“We will be having additional discussions, but remain confident there’s a great opportunity to unify our party and win this fall, and we are totally committed to working together to achieve that goal,” the joint statement said.

Ryan fell just short of an endorsement of Trump, but the Speaker said in a press conference after the meeting he was “very encouraged” by what he heard.

Ryan said it would be the first of a number of meetings and that the two would get further into the “policy weeds” in the future.
    The Speaker shocked many a week ago when he said he wasn’t ready to endorse Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-lot-of-issues

It really sickens me to see this going on during the election. This is something you spend your time on after you've won the General Election, not while a primary is still on-going and before the General Election. Which shows Ryan is not a winner, he doesn't know how to win, he doesn't even have a clue what he's supposed to win. He just sees himself with a big new position and wants to exploit it to put Trump down and raise himself up as someone far more important than he is.

We need Brian's Barf Bucket, you all remember that icon? It was great. He also had one for me that matched my throw the tomatoes SPLAT!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn