Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trump: NATO is ‘no longer obsolete’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He won't need to veto it, the Bridge Act isn't going to pass the House. But that would be a tough call for him on a veto if they did the ridiculous and passed the bill. He'd have to veto a Republican bill passed by a Republican Congress with overwhelming bi-partisan support. Well, I'll just say this: if there was ever President who would do such a thing, it would be Donald Trump.
    Say what you will, but rest assured, President Trump is not going to end protection for those signed up for DACA. Eventually they will get permanent legal status (amnesty), whether it be through the BRIDGE Act or another vehicle.

If President Trump had any notion of ending the protections given to DACA illegals, he would have already ended the process of accepting applications. The writing is on the wall for anyone observant enough to see it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well that's not what the White House said. The White House said they were going to let it expire in June. So, all I know is what they said. If you've got some other inside track, you better hope Congress sticks to their promises and never passes a bill that ends up in the White House for signature or veto, because it will be very difficult for Trump to veto a bill that comes out of a Republican controlled Congress with massive bi-partisan support.

I just don't think the Republican-controlled US House of Representatives is going to let the people down in such a despicable way or put our President in such a position as having to veto their stupid bill or let his supporters down.

But, I could be wrong of course. We'll just have to wait and see and do what we do to kill any bill in Congress. That is what we do here and we do it well.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

New DREAM Act Amnesty bill filed in Congress yesterday

ALIPAC Organized illegal immigration fighters!

Red Alert: On March 9, 2017,
    Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fl) re-filed a bill in Congress that would give amnesty, citizenship, and voting rights to millions of illegal aliens.

The article claims that Curbelo and other amnesty backers are encouraged by signals from Trump's White House that our President is willing to violate his campaign promises on immigration.

Here is the report!
    https://www.alipac.us/f12/miami-repu...ngress-344717/

https://www.alipac.us/f8/new-dream-a...terday-344723/
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 04-16-2017 at 01:08 AM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well that's not what the White House said. The White House said they were going to let it expire in June. So, all I know is what they said. If you've got some other inside track, you better hope Congress sticks to their promises and never passes a bill that ends up in the White House for signature or veto, because it will be very difficult for Trump to veto a bill that comes out of a Republican controlled Congress with massive bi-partisan support.

I just don't think the Republican-controlled US House of Representatives is going to let the people down in such a despicable way or put our President in such a position as having to veto their stupid bill or let his supporters down.

But, I could be wrong of course. We'll just have to wait and see and do what we do to kill any bill in Congress. That is what we do here and we do it well.
    I think you're underestimating the support DACA illegals have in the House, especially with House leadership, and we all know they have the needed support in the Senate. Oh, and let's not forget they seem to have Trump's "big heart" and support too. I'd say he's offered plenty of evidence to suggest such.

Let's say your understanding that the Trump administration plans on allowing the DACA program to just drift into oblivion come June is accurate. Okay, if that were true, how do you explain the failure to end the continued acceptance of applications for the program? That is very doable and easy. Nope, ending protection for the DACA illegals is not in the cards. Besides that, the BRIDGE Act will continue to allow new illegals to apply for protection (amnesty). My strongly held view is that Trump is continuing to accept application so as to not interrupt the continuity of the status quo until a more permanent solution can arrive at his desk for signature.

What if I'm right and you're wrong? Is that really a risk you suggest we take? Burying our heads in the sand until it's to late to turn the tide is not a wise option (IMO). We need to be doing all we can to head this off now before it gains momentum.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    New DREAM Act Amnesty bill filed in Congress yesterday

ALIPAC Organized illegal immigration fighters!

Red Alert: On March 9, 2017,
    Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fl) re-filed a bill in Congress that would give amnesty, citizenship, and voting rights to millions of illegal aliens.

The article claims that Curbelo and other amnesty backers are encouraged by signals from Trump's White House that our President is willing to violate his campaign promises on immigration.

Here is the report!
    https://www.alipac.us/f12/miami-repu...ngress-344717/

https://www.alipac.us/f8/new-dream-a...terday-344723/
    Certainly back my position on this subject. So now it looks like we have the Recognizing America's Children Act and the BRIDGE Act to be concerned with. Yep, and Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fl) is a House Republican.

Thanks JD2.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I think you're underestimating the support DACA illegals have in the House, especially with House leadership, and we all know they have the needed support in the Senate. Oh, and let's not forget they seem to have Trump's "big heart" and support too. I'd say he's offered plenty of evidence to suggest such.

Let's say your understanding that the Trump administration plans on allowing the DACA program to just drift into oblivion come June is accurate. Okay, if that were true, how do you explain the failure to end the continued acceptance of applications for the program? That is very doable and easy. Nope, ending protection for the DACA illegals is not in the cards. Besides that, the BRIDGE Act will continue to allow new illegals to apply for protection (amnesty). My strongly held view is that Trump is continuing to accept application so as to not interrupt the continuity of the status quo until a more permanent solution can arrive at his desk for signature.

What if I'm right and you're wrong? Is that really a risk you suggest we take? Burying our heads in the sand until it's to late to turn the tide is not a wise option (IMO). We need to be doing all we can to head this off now before it gains momentum.
    Sure, we need to be lobbying the heck out of Congress to kill these Dreamer bills and make sure Trump knows we don't support any amnesty at all for DACA's or anyone else. I would just stop short of all this broken promise stuff that attacks his character and intentions, I don't think that's helpful to our end game and it's not fair to him or this administration. No President in their first 86 days in office has taken more heat or done more for our cause than this President.

Loyalty is a 2 way street, it goes both ways, and frankly, I think our side of the loyalty street is looking pretty flimsy right now. Our job seems to me is to keep a Dreamer's bill from ever passing our Republican-controlled Congress and getting to his desk.

He's already been humiliated twice, not once, but twice, not just here, but around the world, for trying to keep terrorists from coming into the country. Stopped cold by the courts who essentially called him a racist for trying to keep terrorists from coming into our country for 120 days. What do you think they'll do if he terminates DACA? Just sit there and twiddle their thumbs? No, every college and university where these people are going to college will file a lawsuit. There will be enough in the 9th Circuit to get an injunction against the termination. So what was the point of it?

There's lots to do. We need to be lobbying for that $2.6 billion to fund the 62 miles of fence in San Diego and the Rio Grande Valley Sector and the additional immigration judges, Border Patrol and ICE Agents. We need funding for that right now, immediately. Congress needs to hear from us on that right now. I realize I'm in the minority here on this, but I don't think making DACA our calling card is the right issue right now, because it's going to expire in June, quickly and quietly. Trump doesn't need noise on this one, he needs time to let it expire. He needs noise on the $2.6 billion of supplemental funding and lobbying to kill any Dreamer bill brewing in Congress.

Let me ask you a question. Why do you think out of 30 million plus illegal aliens whom Trump wants to deport, does the MSM focus on DACA who are still deportable under DACA? They do that because it's an emotional issue the way they depict it. "The poor Dreamers brought here as children by their parents through no fault of their own." It's the same mantra they used to argue and win in Plyler vs. Doe.

If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views on this. I want to see DACA ended the sooner the better, but I also understand why letting it expire in June is the best way to do it, if that is still the plan, which I think it is. I didn't realize it expired that soon or exactly how it was set up until I heard Sean Spicer say that back in February or early Marich, so I researched it, and that seems to be the case.

I also understand why the Democrats, Never Trumpers and the Corrupt Media won't let up on it. They know if they narrate it right they can create an issue that will divide Trump voters, generate dissatisfaction, make people feel like Trump is letting them down in some way, and cause people who voted for him to turn on him. It looks like it's working, too.

I find that sad and disappointing. I know people mean well, and it's a new experience actually having someone in our camp in the White House. But if we don't learn how to handle it right, we'll be hurting ourselves and the millions of Americans we've all worked for so many years to save from the ravages of illegal immigration and excess legal immigration.

And that would be a tragedy.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-16-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Excerpt:

"Each day that the program is not ended sends a welcoming message to illegal aliens and signals to the American people that our government is not serious about enforcing our immigration laws. The DACA program—instituted in 2012— grants approximately 750,000 illegal aliens a reprieve from deportation, provides work authorization for two years, and makes certain illegal alien minors eligible for some taxpayer benefits. (
    See FAIR Legislative update, Jan, 24, 2017) According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), it is still accepting and processing DACA requests under the existing policy. In 2016, USCIS processed about 750 DACA applications and renewals each day. (See USCIS DACA Numbers, 2016)"

https://www.alipac.us/f9/broken-prom...d-daca-345679/

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    I fear you might be right -

Also, why would NATO be expanding? If not to bait Russia?

We need to get out of NATO. Of course, that isn't going to happen as long as the military suppliers can sell our government so many weapons, planes, ships, etc.

That's why we are in NATO still - nothing to do with defense, terrorism, or our safety.

Novel thought, maybe there wouldn't be so much 'terrorism' if we weren't destroying countries and destabilizing that part of the world. Maybe if we told Israel to sink or swim without our playing protector for them, they might stop interfering in other countries as well.
    Israel is just minding its own business trying to protect itself, its citizens and its future from the antisemitic passions of its neighbors and Palestinian occupiers. What purpose would it serve to treat Israel like some sort of dead beat to US foreign policy, when it is really more like the other way around. Israel contributes to the US ability to see what is going on in the area and provide leverage against it and the US treats Israel like a damp rag.

Everything that the world has been suffering at the hands of Islam, Israel was already seeing 10 years before. We should have known better, but nobody cared. They were just Jews.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    Israel is just minding its own business trying to protect itself, its citizens and its future from the antisemitic passions of its neighbors and Palestinian occupiers. What purpose would it serve to treat Israel like some sort of dead beat to US foreign policy, when it is really more like the other way around. Israel contributes to the US ability to see what is going on in the area and provide leverage against it and the US treats Israel like a damp rag.

Everything that the world has been suffering at the hands of Islam, Israel was already seeing 10 years before. We should have known better, but nobody cared. They were just Jews.
    There's a lot to discuss in that last sentence and I would really like to discuss it - but I'm not sure this is the place.

I will say - back away and look at things from a distance. Don't look at it through the lens of 'the poor Jewish people'.

Then see if you can't see a parallel between what happened in Palestine and what is happening in our country today, with the illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    There's a lot to discuss in that last sentence and I would really like to discuss it - but I'm not sure this is the place.

I will say - back away and look at things from a distance. Don't look at it through the lens of 'the poor Jewish people'.

Then see if you can't see a parallel between what happened in Palestine and what is happening in our country today, with the illegal aliens.
    No that's just crazy. You have it completely backwards. It is the illegals, the La Raza's and their fake native American drag that is exactly like the fake Palestinian identity. There is not now, never has been and never will be anything like a "Palestinian". The whole thing is an antisemitic cult created by the WWII antisemitic mufti of Jerusalem, Amin al Husseini.

Not even the Palestinians themselves will allow themselves to be identify exclusive as "Palestinians", they are Egyptians, Arabs and other peoples who come from other areas in the Middle East. It is the Jews who are the only natives to Israel. They have returned from a forced exile brought about the Roman occupation and later destruction of Israel, the same people who crucified Jesus -- a Jew by the way -- crucified like so many thousands of Jews resisting the Roman occupation.

As a part of the destruction of Israel, the Romans deliberately evoked the name "Palestine" to describe the land that was Israel in order to erase its existence from history.

But Israel is back and restored to Jewish hands. There is justice in history. It is possible.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast