Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Signals Shift to Party Leader Mode: ‘I’ve Been a Little Bit Divisive’

by JOHN NOLTE
    17 Dec 2015
    894 comments

With a 25 point national lead and the primaries set to begin in just six weeks, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump appeared with Jimmy Kimmel Wednesday night and again signaled (as he did in Tuesday night’s debate) that he is shifting into a lower gear as he faces the very real possibility of assuming the role as Leader of the Republican Party. “I would like to see the Republican Party come together,” Trump said. “I’ve been a little bit divisive in the sense that I’ve been hitting people pretty hard.

In a good-natured way, Kimmel laughed and replied sarcastically, “A little bit, yeah.” Trump acknowledged his own understatement and added, “And ultimately we have to come together and get this thing done.”

Trump also repeated a statement he made during the Tuesday night debate blasting the trillions spent on “stupid wars” in the Middle East — a message that will sound very appealing in a general election campaign, and one that doubles as an effective attack against Hillary Clinton, who supported the Iraq War, and who was the architect of the appalling strategy that handed Libya over to the jihadists.

As I mentioned in my debate analysis, what Trump is doing here really is The Story of the Political Week. Our useless, bubble-dumb DC Media is focusing on nobodies like Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Jeb Bush, while Trump is quietly and subtly moving his chess pieces into place.

Meanwhile, while Trump sounds conciliatory and like a Leader in a position to be above-it-all, his closest rivals (though they are still way behind) Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), are going at one another hammer and tong over two issues Trump already -per the polls- owns: immigration and national security.

The DC Media wants all focus on the GOP. This allows them to protect Hillary by not covering her growing scandals, as they use Lindsey – Zero Percent- Graham as a bludgeon to smear Trump and the rest of the Party as racist. In other words, our corrupt media knows what Trump is doing, and the importance of it, but it is not in their partisan interests to acknowledge it.

Side Note: If you’re wondering why Kimmel is beating left-wing hack Stephen Colbert, watch the full Trump interview. Good, tough questions; no interruptions, no cheap shots.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-bit-divisive/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like the idea of Trump becoming the Party Leader. He will lead our party well into changing terrible policies on trade and immigration in particular. Republicans were always opposed to free trade, and thus Protectionists. Republicans were always against massive immigration of any type from anywhere, and thus were Nationalists. Most of us are ... still. If we don't protect our borders, jobs, economy, workers and citizens, then you bet your last dollar if you still have it, no one else will.

Trump knows that, he's always known that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn