Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trump Tries On a New Label: Unifier

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Tries On a New Label: Unifier

Jan 21 2016, 12:10 pm ET
    Trump Tries On a New Label: Unifier

by Ali Vitali

While the candidate-on-candidate battles are intensifying, Donald Trump is trying out a new label for himself: unifier.

In a new video posted Thursday, Trump promises to "bring our country together" and says "we will be unified, we will be one, we will be happy again."

The video includes images of Trayvon Martin protesters, Ferguson riots, and Gitmo protesters in orange jump suits and hoods on their heads in front of the White house. These stills scroll while Trump narrates "there's so much hatred, there's so many problems, our president was a terrible unifier."

The first frame of the video itself shows the Trump logo with the sub-text "unifying the nation."

Trump explains to-camera from his desk in Trump Tower that unlike President Obama "I will unify and bring our country back together. It's something I've done all my life. I get along with people." He continued that "a lot of people don't know that" about him, or they "don't think it's the case." But Trump assures "it is the case. I built a great company by bringing people together."

This isn't the first time Trump has touted his abilities as a unifier, evidenced by his time and success in business. Whereas some try to turn his prior donations to Republicans and Democrats alike into an attack, Trump has argued that his giving is a sign he knows how to work the system to get things that he needs done.

It's a line that we'll continue to hear on the trail — both from Trump and his newest, most high profile surrogate.

Sarah Palin, in her endorsement of Trump in Iowa on Tuesday, mentioned Trump's abilities to unify. Citing Trump's "unifying values," Palin told Iowans she thinks they're "ready to stop the race baiting and the division based on color and zip code" and "to unify around the right issues."

Of course, as Trump pushes out the narrative of unification, he's not done causing schisms and rifts in the GOP. Trump continues to hit Ted Cruz, swat at Jeb Bush, and sometimes falls back into his old practice of attacking Marco Rubio, although the Florida senator used to be more of a staple in Trump's stump than he has been of late.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...nifier-n501211
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I see this unifier in him. He has the personality, will and skills to unite our country as well as fix it.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Personally, I don't think it's a "unifier we need. What we need is a strong-willed conservative molded after the likes of Sen. Jeff Sessions that will stand up to the amnesty/open border coalition. It isn't possible to unify the the liberals where amnesty and immigration is concerned. The only way Democrats on the Hill will deal is if serious concessions are made that would include illegal immigrant amnesty! A "unifier" could make that happen, but that's not what we want!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

wtg judy

In the Executive Branch, it takes far more than someone saying no to "amnesty". While it's a good thing not to have amnesty, there's more involved with this problem of illegal immigration than defeating amnesty bills. We need all illegal aliens deported in a very brief period of time to remove them from our premises, jobs, schools, hospitals, streets, stores, work places, parks, office buildings, government buildings, etc. Illegal aliens have to be deported and removed from the country, because they are the magnets for more to come.

Trump's plan is the best plan for what I want to see happen, and that's why I support him. I also love his position on ending trade deficits, ending this free trade treason disaster and bringing our companies and employers back home where they belong and where they should have been all along.

I like several other initiatives to change the VA so our Vets get the health care they need, staying out of Wars that don't serve our national interest, re-building relations with Russia, and repealing Obama Care and replacing it with an interstate system. I know he'll have numerous great infrastructure programs that will not only make our country great again, our country will be beautiful again.

But people have different views on many subjects in our country and of course political candidates rank high on that list.

CNN/ORC poll just came out for Iowa and Trump is 37%, with Cruz at 26%.

Lets do it Iowa!!

MW
    You go ahead and put the "unifier" hat on Trump if you want, but this voter is not shopping for a unifier. Like I said, I want a strong-willed conservative that will stand up to the amnesty/open border coalition. Someone that will not sell the farm just to keep a few scraggly horses.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump has already destroyed the "amnesty/open border coalition." They have no public support, they have no more R politicians, they have no more corporate donors, that coalition is ... over.

And by the time Donald Trump gets to the Convention, there won't even be a Democrat willing to say the word "amnesty" in public.

In 7 months, Donald Trump has destroyed the "amnesty/open borders coalition", by redefining it as no longer politically correct.

Come on Iowa!! Get to the Caucuses in droves, roar for Trump and knock this deal out of the park with a HOME RUN for TRUMP!!

MW
    Judy wrote:

Donald Trump has already destroyed the "amnesty/open border coalition." They have no public support, they have no more R politicians, they have no more corporate donors, that coalition is ... over.

And by the time Donald Trump gets to the Convention, there won't even be a Democrat willing to say the word "amnesty" in public.

In 7 months, Donald Trump has destroyed the "amnesty/open borders coalition", by redefining it as no longer politically correct.

You can't be serious. To support Trump is one thing, but it's another thing all together to follow him as if he's the Pied Piper. That is a very dangerous thing to do. Please don't fall for it, the amnesty/open border coalition is far from done and the Democrat will not back down from their support for amnesty. Heck, O'Malley and Clinton have even promised to expand on Obama's immigration policies and protections of illegal immigrants.

I'm dead serious. Things aren't the same today as they were 7 months ago, because of Donald J Trump.

I don't guess you've seen the latest polls on O'Malley and Clinton.

Things are moving really really fast.

It's called Momentum.