Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two Drawers Full

I was down at the leasing office in my aparment complex initialing my renewal when the topic turned to illegal aliens.

It was just a year ago that this same complex was swollen with people who had no documents or fake documents. Living with about 9-14 per bedroom, not controling roaches and other pest, and disgarding trash all over the courtyards. Then came a new owner, his goal was to clean up the complex and make it 'liveable' for young business folks.

The manager was remarking how she lived here during the last year before she got the position. I asked her why the previous owner/manager allowed so many to live here and why they didn't both to check identification/credit she told me it couldn't have been for the money and then walked over to a file cabinet. There she bent down and opened two draws, it was easy to tell that they were swelling with files.

She told me that all of those files are people within the last 1-2yrs that lived in the complex and 'don't exist'. That made it clear that the demographic of people who lived here just over a year ago was not a way to sustain a business and that instead it was ruining the property.

She remarked that finally the trend is winding down, more and more of these tenants are being evicted and/or running out on their lease and disappearing into the city. I told her that I had noticed the changes and that that is why my gf and I were staying instead of moving to Farmers Branch.

It was nice to have some hard evidence that 'illegal aliens' are, by and in large, not good tenants and end up costing landlords more money.

p.s. I believe that this complex may hire a few illegal aliens and has contractors who speak little to no english.

http://www.citycentralapts.com/

I lived in Woodland, California for a very short while. I had a downstairs apartment and the unit above me had three full families in it. None of them spoke english, at least that they would admit to. Finally I just moved back to Omaha. The problem is getting pretty bad here though as well.