Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Typical bleeding heart sob story from the DMN

DIANNE SOLĂ
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

100s of thousands of americans are arrested and found innocent later-it is part of the process-if everyone falsly arrested could sue-the police etc would not or could not do thier job-to stop this,they must put people who hire illegals in prison intead of weak fines or doing nothing after raids-lock up a constuction owner that has hired even 3 illegals,auction off his equitment-this will send message loud and clear overnight-after civil rights act passed in 1965,businesses said they would not hire blacks anyway-after heavy fines on a few,almost overnight business owners started obeying the law.

If a permanent legal resident commits a felony, I believe they can have their card revoked and be deported [?]
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dianer
    If a permanent legal resident commits a felony, I believe they can have their card revoked and be deported [?]
    CORRECT.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

What these articles about "false arrest" frequently fail to mention is that the legal residents or citizens involved have, very often, "loaned" or even sold their identities/documents to IAs.

Up until recently, they really had nothing to worry about. Employers didn't care, and with enforcement being almost zero the chances of it coming back to bite them in the ol' Wazoo were slim and none. Not so much lately however and we've had two tenants here alone who got busted within the past 2-3 months for exactly that.......the "lending" of their documents to IAs who were family. One of the guys had farmed his out to 3-4 different relatives.

With stepped up enforcement, expect to hear alot more of these stories.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Raids have intensified in the last two years – a get-tough approach in the absence of comprehensive immigration legislation.

Federal lawsuits

Two federal lawsuits representing 122 workers have been filed challenging mass detentions of U.S. citizens, during immigration raids. All were either citizens or people in the U.S. with legal status.

Juan Manuel Carrillo, 18, who worked at the Mount Pleasant Pilgrim's plant for $9.75 an hour, was one of 46 arrested in a pre-dawn dragnet that included 300 ICE agents and other personnel.

He said he told officials that he was a U.S. citizen.

"I said I was born in San Diego, and they said they didn't believe me," Mr. Carrillo recounted, in Spanish. "I said I was telling the truth. They said I was working with another's Social Security number."

Mr. Carrillo said that when his 17-year-old brother, Marco Antonio, brought him his U.S. passport, immigration agents insisted the pair were lying and asked him where he bought the passport.

Mr. Carrillo was taken to Mexico as a toddler by his Mexican-born parents and lived there for 15 years, before returning to the U.S. about a year ago. He speaks little English.

Xochitl Delgado, 19 and also a worker at Pilgrim's Pride, was arrested in her home in the early morning of April 16 and taken into custody still in her pajamas, said her older sister, Griselda Delgado.

She said her sister, born in the U.S., is still too traumatized to speak about the arrest.

"Every time she remembers she cries," Griselda Delgado said. "Before they take a person away, they should do a deeper investigation about who has documents."

Mr. Carrillo said he remembers Ms. Delgado sitting in a cell in her pajamas and sandals. ICE officials said Xochitl Delgado was wearing "an ample sweat suit."

U.S. prosecutor

Alan Jackson, a Tyler-based assistant U.S. attorney, said all criminal charges have been dismissed against the three workers, arrested on suspicion of using a Social Security number not issued to them.

"After the arrest, we determined that dismissal was appropriate," he said.

Asked if investigators believed that the three were using false Social Security numbers, even though they had authentic ones, Mr. Jackson said: "What it means is that we felt the evidence that they were using someone else's Social Security number wasn't strong enough."

Mr. Jackson said that his office moved quickly to dismiss charges against Ms. Delgado.

"We were racing against the clock to do it and get the district clerk to stay late enough to process it," he said.

The indictment against Xochitl Delgado was dismissed "in the interests of justice" at 5:03 p.m. April 17, about 35 hours after her arrest, according to the pleading in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Texarkana Division.

Mr. Jackson declined to comment on whether those arrested might themselves be victims of identity theft.

But ICE spokesman Virginia Kice noted that, in general, the burden of proof rests with the federal government for establishing what it calls "alienage" – or whether a person was born outside the U.S.

There is no comprehensive government database that establishes who holds U.S. citizenship, she added.

Jesus GarcĂ*a, a 27-year-old legal permanent resident, was also picked up by authorities and his arrest was photographed by a newspaper owner who followed ICE agents to several locations.

Mr. GarcĂ*a insisted that he'd broken no immigration laws. Eventually, he was released and reunited with his U.S. citizen wife and five daughters.

"I was not to blame for any of the charges," said Mr. GarcĂ*a, who no longer works at the Pilgrim's plant.

Federal immigration agents and the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Texas, John L. Ratcliffe, said at a Dallas news conference in April that the national arrests were part of "an ongoing criminal investigation" into criminal activity involving alleged identity theft.

Of the more than 300 workers arrested at five Pilgrim's plants across the country, about a third were criminally charged, immigration officials said.

A spokesman for Pilgrim's Pride Corp. – based in Pittsburg, Texas, with $7.59 billion in revenue last year – said the company cooperated with officials and has not been charged.

Matt Yarbrough, a lawyer who has prosecuted immigration-related crimes as a former assistant U.S. attorney, said the operation at Pilgrim's Pride raises questions about excess use of law enforcement power.

"There is reasonable and then there is overly aggressive," said Mr. Yarbrough, who prosecuted an immigration raid against the Pappas restaurant chain in the 1990s.

"Those factors to a court are going to seem overreaching and ultimately the government could be liable for falsely imprisoning someone."

Peter Schey, president and executive director for the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law in Los Angeles, said he believes that U.S. citizens are increasingly facing federal immigration agents who are incredulous about their U.S. citizenship.

"If more U.S. citizens exercise their rights to seek damages in these illegal detentions," that could cause the Department of Homeland Security to re-evaluate the way they search for those in the U.S. illegally, Mr. Schey said.
    Let's see all three spoke no English and just moved here after living their whole life in Mexico. These anchor baby citizens aren't really citizen at all and should deported and their citizenship striped.... These people are citizens of Mexico.

"I said I was born in San Diego, and they said they didn't believe me," Mr. Carrillo recounted, in Spanish. "I said I was telling the truth. They said I was working with another's Social Security number."
    Hey welcome to the club!!!!!! Know how many innocent American citizens have gone through the same thing? Thank your people and document fraud. Not fun is it? Welcome to our world. No big deal though till it happens to you. Where's your compassion and understanding? Isn't it worth all this so "your people" can get amnesty? Remember it's just an HONEST, good, hardworking tomatoe picker or maid who wants to work who brought all this down on your family. No big deal is it? Wait till they arrest you for a BIG crime you didn't do and see what warm fuzzies you get from that....hey....all for the cause though...no biggie.

Bad enough when you do the crime....sucks when you didn't. But hey....it's no big deal, no problem at all.

Don't blame the police...they are doing their job....blame the people committing the crime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those factors to a court are going to seem overreaching and ultimately the government could be liable for falsely imprisoning someone."

Peter Schey, president and executive director for the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law in Los Angeles, said he believes that U.S. citizens are increasingly facing federal immigration agents who are incredulous about their U.S. citizenship.

"If more U.S. citizens exercise their rights to seek damages in these illegal detentions," that could cause the Department of Homeland Security to re-evaluate the way they search for those in the U.S. illegally, Mr. Schey said.

Ummmmm......no. LE has the authority to detain anyone at anytime for probable cause.

Three non English speaking "Americans" with some incredulous story about "reverse migration" who could produce no sufficient proof at the time of a raid involving identity and document fraud issues constitutes probable cause.

It would not have mattered what race they were, what language they spoke....it still would have been the same outcome.

And quite frankly, my own belief is that these three ARE IAs and they've gotten away with it. This time.

I'm sorry, but it's a fact that many Mexican illegals posses FAKE IDs, there is no way of knowing who's telling the truth until further investigation after arrest.

If you say you are a US citizen, 17-20 years old and DON'T speak English or very little English after all those years, it's pretty hard to believe you are a US citizen. THAT'S why SPEAKING English goes a long way in your favor.

Unfortunately, these 2 citizens and one permanent resident had to go through this and the fault lies with the MILLIONS of illegal aliens from Mexico and Latin America. This should give them more reason to insist our federal immigration laws be followed. Don't blame the government for the crimes illegal aliens are committing.
    "

Boo hoo........you know this is what happens when you live with two people that are criminals. If your room mates or family is dealing drugs and the DEA kicks your door in, you will probably get treated just like the two drug dealers in your home, hand cuffed and taken in.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas