Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TYSON MEATS LOSES PROFITS - 3RD STRAIGHT QUARTER!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20061114/bs_ ... 1113873062

Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN - News) announced Nov. 13 that it lost money during the recent quarter, plagued by challenges such as lower sales and oversupply. But the Springdale, Ark.-based chicken, beef, and pork maker also promised to return to profitability next year.

(Continued at link)

Please keep boycotting Tyson!

We owe it to ourselves and other American's to continue to boycott Tyson for hiring illegals who are not screened for diseases. I wouldn't put anything in my mouth knowing an illegal has handled it.

I buy none of their products and avoid restaurants. I will continue until I get my country back.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Meaty Problem for Tyson Foods Tue Nov 14, 8:08 AM ET

Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN - News) announced Nov. 13 that it lost money during the recent quarter, plagued by challenges such as lower sales and oversupply. But the Springdale, Ark.-based chicken, beef, and pork maker also promised to return to profitability next year.

Tyson reported a net loss of 17 cents per diluted share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended Sept. 30, compared to 33 cents diluted earnings per share in the same quarter last year. The mean analyst estimate for the quarter had been for a loss of 4 cents per share, according to the San Francisco research firm StarMine.

The recent quarterly loss includes charges such as those related plant closings, business consolidation efforts, tax adjustments, and accounting changes.

The meat industry has been flooding the U.S. market with too much product recently. Meanwhile it's getting more expensive for companies like Tyson to feed their livestock, as grain prices rise amid the frenzy for alternative fuels such as ethanol.

"The best thing I can say about fiscal 2006 is, it's over," said Richard L. Bond, president and chief executive officer, in a press release. "For most of the year, we were plagued by supply and demand imbalance as well as export market disruptions in our chicken and beef segments."

Tyson lost money in most of its business segments, including chicken, beef and prepared foods. Its chicken sales during the recent quarter sank 4% compared to the same period of 2005 to $1.96 billion.

In an effort turn things around, the company is taking steps such as cutting its costs by $200 million, raising its prices on retail food products, and consolidating beef processing plants. Tyson expects to soon hit the green again and says earnings per share will be in the range of 50 to 80 cents during fiscal 2007. The mean analyst estimate had been for $0.69 cents earnings per share in fiscal 2007, according to StarMine.

Tyson's stock rose 4.2% to $14.95 per share on NYSE trading Monday, Nov. 13.

Standard & Poor's equity analyst Joseph Agnese thinks the company's 2007 guidance is conservative, since pricing should benefit from cutbacks in industry production. But Agnese also noted that rising grain prices will pressure Tyson's profits near-term. The analyst cut his 12-month target price by $1 to $16 and downgraded the stock to hold from buy. (S&P, like BusinessWeek.com, is owned by The McGraw-Hill Companies.)

Too Bad. So Sad. Don't let the door hit you on your butt on your last day there Bond.

This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

LETS SHUT THESE TRAITORS .... DOWN!

There are plenty of good honest decent folks just standing by ready willing and able to grow healthy chickens and beef cattle who will hire well-paid American Workers to do the work needed to feed America poultry and beef products ... as soon as these traitorous creeps ... FALL.

Mr. Bond expects to have a better year next year ... isn't that funny? The man has no clue.

KEEP UP THE BOYCOTT OF TYSONS FOODS!!

The Power of the Purse Does Work and remember at this time of year our little side program that I call:

"All I Want For Christmas Is My Country Back"

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I have always bought the local chickens, and am trying to find a source to buy large quantities of ranch raised beef here, along with pork also. We can probably get a decent price, but also know that we will be supporting local ranchers who do not hire illegals.

Yep, Tyson was "oversupplying" because they were ignoring what people were saying about boycotting them, and they kept producing on the same level and lost in that deal.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Went to Wendy's in South Austin yesterday because they have supposedly stopped hiring illegals. All of the workers were Hispanic and the one I asked for a refill on water spoke no English. Never liked Wendy's, and I suspect the no illegals thing is B S.

Went to Wendy's in South Austin
    Why? Not meaning to single you out, but did you read this from our home page?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=1677

I read things on the Web like marches on Washington, revolution, Third Party creation, etc. , but how about we started just making our own lunch? What if everybody did? How would Mr. Gay like that? Could we get a lot of people to turn their backs on restaurants? Does everyone you know realize their food is handled by un-inspected illegal aliens? Do they care?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you need chicken nuggets for your kids, I recommend the "Yummy Chicken Dino Buddies" that you can buy in a huge box from Costco. They are in cute little dinosaur shapes, and have less fat than the tyson chicken nuggets.

I don't feel singled out. I guess I was just saying there is no business orginazation to trust about open borders. I'm in my car so much i've always relied on fast food. I usually stop at Chick-filet because they are healthy and they have legal American teenagers working there. Another plus is that they are owned by Christians and close on Sundays. I'm not a far right evangilitical, but it is refreshing to see that someone still believes in something.

Thanks andy. I was feeling frustrated. You know that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast