Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Border Patrol is looking for recruits

I guess the the Border Patrol is doing some hiring. I saw five commercials (during primetime) in a two hour period. I went to the web site and it seems like a decent paying job. If anyone is interested check it out. You need to know how to communicate in Spanish, pass a pretty easy physical (20 push ups in a minite, 30 sit ups,a 2 mile run in under 13min.) who couldn't do that? A background check (which is normal for any gov. job), Being federal, they check Selective Service, if you never registered or registered late you will be rejected.And they even check your credit must have fair or better. I can pass all that except I don't speak not a one word of spanish, nor do I plan too. Oh wait I know one phrase "Lave las manos" i see it in every restroom.

Who is in control?

The border patrol has problems with recruiting and a high attrition rate as morale is very low. They are constantly confronted by low funding and inadequate resources. Their hands are tied impacting their ability to do their jobs due to limitations on enforcement placed by the Administration and Mexican government interference in border operations which is encouraged by this treasonous administration. The White House is not serious about border security and thus will never provide the resources the border patrol needs to be effective. An open border has led to our cities being transformed into third world barrio slums replete with guns, drugs and crime. Gangs such as MS-13 are taking over our once quiet towns and communities terrorizing our citizens by murdering, kidnapping, raping and, robbing Americans while the jackass in the White House stands idly by with that caught in the headlights blank stare which basically has been the hallmark of his presidency.

I took four years of Spanish-and live in New York City-and still can only communicate at a first grade proficiency in that language.

Go figure.

Also, I don't exactly have a line of credit-for the time being-nor a driver's license.

I did check out their booth at a CUNY jobs fair that was held at the Jacob Javits Center earlier this month. Couldn't find anything that suited me.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    I took four years of Spanish-and live in New York City-and still can only communicate at a first grade proficiency in that language.

Go figure.

Also, I don't exactly have a line of credit-for the time being-nor a driver's license.

I did check out their booth at a CUNY jobs fair that was held at the Jacob Javits Center earlier this month. Couldn't find anything that suited me.
    Lord knows I needed a chuckle tonight........thanx SHAPKA

No License? Oh my
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka

Go figure.

Lord knows I needed a chuckle tonight........thanx SHAPKA

No License? Oh my
    Yeah, I suppose if I lived anywhere else I'd be mildly embarrassed by that fact.

I'm probably going to wind up like Suzanne Vega, only without the chart-topping rock tunes.

http://www.suzannevega.com/bySuzanne/StreetLegal.htm

If only the department that handles border patrol, lobbied for more funding and better technology...I'd bet tons of people would be lining up for the job. That's what really gets me you know, people in the army,marines,airforce, AND border patrol, get paid a decent amount..but not something to do a happy dance over you know??....these people are putting their lives on the line...and all of these illegals here have better benefits than these men and woman. It's sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by UScitizen
    If only the department that handles border patrol, lobbied for more funding and better technology...I'd bet tons of people would be lining up for the job. That's what really gets me you know, people in the army,marines,airforce, AND border patrol, get paid a decent amount..but not something to do a happy dance over you know??....these people are putting their lives on the line...and all of these illegals here have better benefits than these men and woman. It's sad really.
    Sad, and infuriating.

The starting salary for a new member of the NYPD is $25,000.

New York's Finest get paid a salary that doesn't even afford them the opportunity to rent a single room apartment in this city, and yet these damn illegal aliens work off the books, willfully exploit each and every social program in existence, pay nothing in taxes, and can make in excess of 40 K a year.

Also, further reading the requirments. They require more experience & trainning than city police, or county deputy sherriff. But they don't make near the pay, or benefits. About the learning Spanish..is it really that difficult to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Skipp
    Also, further reading the requirments. They require more experience & trainning than city police, or county deputy sherriff. But they don't make near the pay, or benefits. About the learning Spanish..is it really that difficult to learn?
    No, not really, which is probably why most students choose that language-over other slightly more difficult Romance languages, e.g. Italian, Portuguese, French-in public school. One of my father's cousins-who's a fellow at the Hoover Institution and professor in California-learned to speak Roumanian. Then again, he also married a Roumanian woman, lived in the country for years, and pursued doctoral work that required him to know the language, so I suppose there were other incentives that compelled him to be well-versed in another language.

I suppose there are reasons why I never bothered to learn Spanish properly. Chief among them being that it's not something that really interests me. I suppose that it would be much easier finding work in this city if I were fluent in that language, but other than that I don't see any real advantage to it.

I took the BP exam in Great Falls, MT in the late 80's then later failed a oral exam in Seattle. Just as well all things considered.

1. When the TSA was established after 9-11 many BP veterans left the BP to take airport management jobs that paid 20 to $40,000 more.

2. Why is the maximum age 37 for BP? I know why but it should be raised. How old are the MINUTEMAN volunteers?

3. In the 90's, one Congressman wanted to slash INS funding because they were NOT recruiting enough potential agents. A type of punishment.

4. How can the BHS hire thousands of airport security screeners and do nothing with the BP? Cause they don't want to and this is that!
    The Democrats want to give the country away and the Republicans want to sell it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast