Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U S giving Mexico money agian

The US and Mexico have nearly finalized negotiations for a $1.4 billion dollar drug control funding package. Legislation to approve the deal is reported to be included in a much larger military spending bill. The Dallas Morning News reported on Oct. 2, 2007 ("US May Send Mexico $1.4 Billion In Drug War") that "Tucked in the Pentagon's massive budget request is at least $1.4 billion in U.S. aid to Mexico for its fight against increasingly violent drug kingpins - including better training and high-tech tools. Negotiators for the two countries have agreed on the package now awaiting U.S. congressional approval, officials familiar with the proposal said Monday." http://www.csdp.org/news/news/mexico.htm

Mexico should be giving us money - they have allot of oil and gold.
    I am so sick of most of our elected officials

someone tell me- how much would 2 billion be divided up among all legal US Citizens

we already give mexico billions of dollars that their people send them every year. WHy do we have to bail them out. We take care of their poor etc. We should send them a bill. They can use the money they don't give out to their people.

WE have got to be the idiots of the world. The things this government does just baffles my mind. Mexico is in better financial state then we are and they do not need our help. IS there something in our drinking water. Every day I hear something more rediculous than the day before. I can't wait until tomorrow.

I wonder how much of this cash is going to end up wasted on mordida (bribery)?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

News sources are comparing this with "Plan Columbia" that we initiated with Columbia to fight drug trafficting. This plan is not the same. There will be no US troops allowed on Mexican land. We will supply money, tools, helicopters, etc. Well it looks like the Mexican government will be the controlling factor. What does that mean to you? I know what it means to me.

http://www.banderasnews.com/0710/nz-planmexico.htm