Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Undocumented Illegal Aliens Must Register for Draft

I came across this article on another site. It was something that I had no idea existed. Furthermore, how can they have illegal aliens register for the draft? Doesn't make any sense to me.

WHO MUST REGISTER - CHART Printer Friendly Version

Does every young man have to register when he turns 18? Just about!

Almost all male U.S. citizens regardless of where they live, and male immigrant aliens residing in the U.S., are required to be registered with Selective Service if they are at least 18 years old but are not yet 26 years old. Men who are 26 years old and older are too old to register. Some requirements are shown below:

Category YES NO
    All male U.S. citizens born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, except as noted below:
    X
    Military-Related
    Members of the Armed Forces on active duty (active duty for training does not constitute “active dutyâ€

Having been there, I would say that I prefer that fellow soldiers have a good understanding of,and be able to speak English when in the same foxhole with me.I'm against drafting illegal aliens for any reason.Citizens of this country can and will do their own fighting for and defending the U.S.A. If illegals want to fight, let them go home and fight for their own country.That would earn my respect.Those that desert their own country without defending or fighting for that country's betterment deserve scorn,not respect.

How would you do a background on these alien draftees?How would anyone know that they were not planted spies?We're not that hardup for mercenaries yet.

Draft evasion--another crime illegal aliens can be charged with-- it proves they are compound criminals.

Seriously though, I totally agree with ChromeDome--your stance is well stated. We do not need illegal aliens trained in the art of warfare courtesy of the U.S.A.

Perhaps it's included as a (failed) illegal alien tracking system or included to provide legal grounds to deport a foreign national whose county we are at war with.

Draft registration appears to be yet another law the government chooses not to enforce. This draft registration requirement could be used to our advantage but fear it could 'legitimize' illegal alien status.

History Lesson:
    WWI--Mexico remained neutral
    WWII--Mexico initally supported the Axis. Mexico was finally forced to declare war on the Axis on May 22, 1942, after Germany bombed two of its oil tankers, Portero de Llano (Plain Keeper) and Faja de Oro (Golden Belt) in the Gulf of Mexico. Total number of Mexicans Troops who fought for the Allies in WWII--300!
    Fighter Squadron 201, the only combat unit from Mexico to actively participate in World War II--after a year's training in the U.S. they fought in the Philippines for 6 months and then the war ended.

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." Dr. Phil
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

can anyone explain to me how you are going to make them register if you do not even know or care to know who they are?

can anyone explain to me how you are going to make them register if you do not even know or care to know who they are?

My thoughts exactly! I thought it was ludicrous to find that they must register. An illegal is going to go and register for draft and declare that he is a illegal alien.

I do NOT believe that ILLEGALS should be allowed to serve in OUR military!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    I do NOT believe that ILLEGALS should be allowed to serve in OUR military!
    I think they should be made to register. And ICE agents should be at all registration offices to arrest and deport them when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonteaparty

Thats what I was wondering !

I don't see our militay having non citizens in the ranks .

I was hoping to find that failure to register with the draft was a felony.

Men who do not register could be prosecuted and, if convicted, fined up to $250,000 and/or serve up to five years in prison. In addition, men who fail to register with Selective Service before turning age 26, even if not prosecuted, will become ineligible for:
    Fine each illegal alien a quarter million dollars and deport them....would erase the entire national debt!
    Realistically won't get a penny but once deported they won't re-enter the U.S.

One of Spitzer's rationals for providing NY illegals with drivers licenses "was so they could track them". Law already in place--just enforce it. Drivers licenses = redundant tracking. In addition to
    whining about "immigrant profiling" we would hear protests of "draft profiling".

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/defensean ... aftreg.htm

Register for the Draft: It's Still the Law
    Males 18 through 25 are required to register
    The Selective Service System wants you to know that the requirement to register for the military draft did not go away with the end of the Vietnam War. Under the law, virtually all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are ages 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.
    Since there is no draft currently in effect, and men are not being classified for service, disabled men, clergymen, and men who believe themselves to be conscientiously opposed to war must also register.

Penalties for Failure to Register for the Draft

Men who do not register could be prosecuted and, if convicted, fined up to $250,000 and/or serve up to five years in prison. In addition, men who fail to register with Selective Service before turning age 26, even if not prosecuted, will become ineligible for:

Student Financial Aid - including Pell Grants, College Work Study, Guaranteed Student/Plus Loans, and National Direct Student Loans.

Citizenship - if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday.

Federal Job Training - The Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) offers programs that can train young men for jobs in auto mechanics and other skills. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service.

Federal Jobs - men born after December 31, 1959 must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service.
    In addition, several states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register.

Who Does NOT Have to Register for the Draft?

Men who are not required to register with Selective Service include: nonimmigrant aliens in the U.S. on student, visitor, tourist, or diplomatic visas; men on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces; and cadets and midshipmen in the Service Academies and certain other U.S. military colleges. All other men must register upon reaching age 18 (or before age 26, if entering and taking up residence in the U.S. when already older than 1.

What About Women and the Draft?

While women officers and enlisted personnel serve with distinction in the U.S. Armed Forces, women have never been subject to Selective Service registration or a military draft in America. For a complete explanation of the reasons for this, see: Backgrounder: Women and the draft in America from the Selective Service System.

What is the Draft and How Does it Work?

The "draft" is the actual process of calling men between ages 18 - 26 to be inducted to serve in the U.S. military. The draft is typically used only in the event of war or extreme national emergency as determined by the Congress and the president.

Should the President and the Congress decide a draft was needed, a classification program would begin. Registrants would be examined to determine suitability for military service, and they would also have ample time to claim exemptions, deferments, or postponements. To be inducted, men would have to meet the physical, mental, and administrative standards established by the military services. Local Boards would meet in every community to determine exemptions and deferments for clergymen, ministerial students, and men who file claims for reclassification as conscientious objectors.

Men have not actually been drafted into service since the end of the Vietnam War.

How Do You Register?

The easiest and fastest way to register with Selective Service is to register on-line.

You can also register by mail using a Selective Service "mail-back" registration form available at any U.S. Post Office. A man can fill it out, sign (leaving the space for your Social Security Number blank, if you have not yet obtained one*), affix postage, and mail it to Selective Service, without the involvement of the postal clerk. Men living overseas may register at any U.S. Embassy or consular office.

* Provide your Social Security Number to the Selective Service when you do obtain one.
    Many high school students can register at school. More than half the high schools in the United States have a staff member or teacher appointed as a Selective Service Registrar. These individuals help register male high school students.

[/quote]
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cakers, I'm glad you posted on this subject. I have been turning this issue over in my mind for the last couple months. The fact that this law exists could provide a tool to produce some additional persuasion for illegals to leave.

I was a counselor pertaining to Selective Service issues during the VietNam War

Yes. Illegal aliens males do have to register with the Selective Service--IF they were born after 1960 and first entered this country illegally before their 26th birthday. Apparently this law is not enforced to any measurable degree. However, illegal aliens do not know this fact. And with talk of further US military action over the airwaves here they must be havins a certain amount of apprehension. These guys are used to a country with little military power or responsibility so I think they may become unnerved as they hear about potential US military action around the globe. (OTOH a few might be excited to be living in a nation with such vast military power.) These backwards guys would not know a neutron bomb from a neutrino.

What I have been thinking of doing is writing a notice in Spanish that looks very official to tell them they are required to be registered with Selective Service. I wouldn't even tell them about the age limitation. I'm used to handing things out to people so this would be no great challenge. And I would make the notice available for others to copy and use.

I am realistic enough to not expect a great effect from this tactic alone---but it would be one more tool in our toolkit of sending the illegals home and keeping them there. I haven't written a a draft yet because I want to make it as effective as possible, and also I've been working long hours the last few months. Let me know your thoughts!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast