Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

United Nations calls for US net pull out

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24633

United Nations calls for US net pull out

IP peace keepers

By Nick Farrell: Friday 15 July 2005, 08:09
    THE UNITED Nations has said that the US must hand over control of the Interweb to an international body.

The US initially said it would go along with the plan, but recently said that it wanted to keep control of the Interweb. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the UN Working Group on Internet Governance, which was created to recommend how the internet should be run in the future, agreed that no single country should dominate.

In a report, the UN panel outlined four possible options for the future of internet governance for world leaders to consider at a November "Information Society" summit.

One of the options includes keeping the current system intact, with a US-based non-profit organisation, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, continuing to handle basic policies over internet addresses.

Another option is for the United Nations will take over. The report stresses that it was not meant as an attack on the United States or a direct response to the US Department of Commerce statement that it intends to keep ultimate authority for authorising changes to the list of internet suffixes, such as ".com."

"The group as a whole recognises that it is clear the US has played a beneficial role," the report said.

But some committee members have expressed concerns that ICANN remains too close to the US government. Developing countries have been frustrated that Western countries got most of the available addresses required for computers to connect, leaving them with a limited supply. Others want domain names in non-English characters. µ

L'INQ
    Sydney Morning Herald
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Just imagine what we will be up against if the UN takes over the Internet.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Just imagine what we will be up against if the UN takes over the Internet.
    You can kiss goodbye to this site, for starters.

I would also expect the UN to be very busy culling IP addresses looking for those of us who commit thought crime.

I wonder if we'll have to pay our own way to attend our trial at the Hague.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

See people....we have LOONIES in our Government. They have made themselves "insane" with their plots and plans and schemes and deceit and lies and deceptions and probably more awful deeds than we care to think about on a Friday afternoon.

GET THE LOONIES OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT!!

Before it is too late to communicate.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy,
    The U.S. did give partial control of the internet in 1999 at least as an arbitrator for names. This is no conspiracy, they want our free speech, they want our country and they want us to bow on bended knee to them. I bow to no man!

I bow to no man or woman either JP!! Nor would any other real American.

THE US better not do anything else as foolish as giving WORLD or INTERNATIONAL control of the Internet.

JP--We have to get this band of ManiaX out of the US Government, off our Courts, and out of Congress.

This situation is dire. Americans have to regain control of their 3 branches of Government. Otherwise we are only a people of the United States without a government.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn