Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    The unions, as far as I have seen, have been useless to employees everywhere for ages. We are better off without unions now, and have more leverage with employers without them. However, that leverage is being taken away from American workers, with the influx of cheap labor.

Whatever it is we can do to ban together, I am 100% there. We're tired of being broke, tired from our efforts just to survive, and ready to win this battle.
    Dang Liz, do I have to eat all that to fight along with you? We need some balance.

The Unions did real good at making life better for lots of Americans. Lots of others got dragged along in their wake enjoying the fruits of Labor. The recession in the 80's and the working people turning on their base convinced by pro-business political forces that a sector of our population was to blame for the hard times made things mighty difficult to deliver. Add in there the influx of legal and illegal aliens that came to work post 1964 to fill the Vietnam void, the "amnesty to end amnesties" in 1986, and the constant flow of legal and illegal workers since then and there's not Unions to blame. You tell me one lone employee has more leverage than an organized group? Then ask that we ban together.
    We've all been "had" by this system for over a half century or more. You need to think about the ways the system has manipulated you. I've moved way right to join you. Try to consider what I've said. We both need to find truth. I think that's going to be that both parties are the same party. They take turns having their way with us on cue from their media.
    I could have accepted a statement that the UFCW should be pushed into hell for advocating for illegal alien invaders!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Loserville, what I am talking about is the unions politics, which honestly, they should NEVER have gotten into. Unions were supposed to be for working peoples interests only. Although they supposedly support the workers as a whole, what they ask of the workers in trade these days, is for us to drop our standards and morals and go along with their watered down liberal politics.

They support illegal aliens, they support "marital" issues that a majority of us do not, they support the ACLU, which tried to force the Boy Scouts to stop pledging faith to God and allowing people they felt were out of line with their beliefes to lead troups.

I have also seen many people, family and friends being told by their unions to "donate" money from their paychecks to United Way, and other political groups they did not believe in. Then others who have had their dues taken, and given no voice in the process of raise negotiations. From this standpoint, I have seen enough of the unions, that I feel they have outgrown their usefullness to the people.

If people feel they need this type of representation, then I think folks should consider starting new unions, ones solely run by the workers themselves.

Oh, and as well, my own father had been a baker, journeyman, and when he developed health problems from his line of work (they call it "white lung"), and as well a severe allergy developed to the products he worked with, they dropped him a like a hot potato, canceled his health coverage, and basically told him "sorry, you will have $100 a month when you retire though!". Yeah I have little faith in the unions. And I do not like their liberal politics.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I understand what you meant and why. Thanks for explaining. Let's get back to work on these illegal aliens and their advocates.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12