Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

University of Kansas Professor Hopes NRA Members' Kids Are Murdered – “May God Damn Y

September 20, 2013 by Dean Garrison

University of Kansas Professor Hopes NRA Members' Kids Are Murdered – “May God Damn You”

David Guth is a journalism professor at the University of Kansas, and Monday he took to Twitter to show a complete lack of class. I understand how one can get emotional in the wake of a tragedy, but it is his continued arrogance that is causing a continued uproar with 2nd Amendment supporters. On Monday, he called for the death of children of NRA members and has refused to apologize.

#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.
    — David Guth (@DWGuth) September 16, 2013

Campus Reform interviewed Guth on Wednesday and reports:
    Speaking with Campus Reform on Wednesday, Guth confirmed it was he who sent the controversial tweet.

"Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet," he said. "I don't take it back one bit."

Guth also doubled down on the statement when other Twitter users pressed him, suggesting it was was shameful to call for the death of children.

"God's justice takes many forms," he tweeted in response.

And on Monday the associate journalism professor echoed those sentiments on his personal blog, called Snapping Turtle.

"I don't wish what happened today on anyone," he wrote. "But if it does happen again — and it likely will — may it happen to those misguided miscreants who suggest that today's death toll at the Navy Yard would have been lower if the employees there were allowed to pack heat."

Also in his interview with Campus Reform, he said that he wished "a pox on our Congress and a pox on the NRA" for not instituting gun control policies to prevent mass shootings.

"It absolutely appalls me that after Newtown, we could not have come to some kind of sane agreement on something as simple as the number of bullets in a magazine or the availability of assault weapons," he said.

The left-wing gun grabbers haven't a clue. You would hope a University professor might learn the facts before shooting his mouth off but evidently not. The facts of what happened at the Washington Navy Yard fly in the face of any gun control arguments we have heard presented to congress.
    For starters, a shotgun was used that would not be banned even by Feinstein's proposed legislation.
    Breitbart reports:
    However, Feinstein's bill would not have stopped the shooting at the Navy Yard, because the shooter used a Remington 870. The 870 is one of the most popular pump-shotgun platforms ever made, and Feinstein exempted it to prove she was not trying to take away hunting firearms.

The mainstream media wanted it to be an AR-15 , and it was not. Tim Brown reported earlier in the week that a large number of liberal media sources jumped the gun on rumors of an AR-15 and The New York Daily News even ran this cover (below and to the right).

David Guth is just another liberal playing the same old game. No one seems to see the insanity of not just a "gun free zone" but having that situation at a military installation. How insane is that?
    What about the SWAT team that was ordered to stand down?
    We are learning more and more about the shooter's mental health and warnings that were ignored. Yet the liberal left insists on indicting the guns and not the societal decay that is leading to these crimes. David Guth is certainly an example of that societal decay. He is a narrow-minded individual who thinks that Americans giving up their guns is a wise move. He should leave his journalistic opinions out of a debate that can only be had by those who have studied history.
    Fox 4 Kansas City reported yesterday that the Kansas Rifle Association has called for his immediate dismissal:
    The Kansas State Rifle Association has called for Guth's immediate dismissal.

"The KSRA will do everything possible to see to the removal of this man," said Kansas State Rifle Association President Patricia Stoneking. "He should be fired immediately. His statements are outrageous!" She went on to say, "Is this who you want teaching your children? I certainly do not want him teaching mine."

While Guth refuses to apologize for his tweet, he does defend it.

'If you look at how I structured the statement, I didn't really bring [the NRA's) children into it," he said. "I carefully structured the statement to make it conditional, but apparently it was too much of a nuance for some people." Guth went on to say, "I don't want anybody harmed. If somebody's going to be harmed, maybe it ought to be the people who believe that guns are so precious that it's worth spilling blood over."

Guth needs to man up and apologize for something said in haste rather than calling everyone stupid. Yes, I caught that nuance as well, it was not too much for me. We have all made comments that we regretted when angry but probably not of this magnitude. The more he tries to justify his comments, the deeper he continues to dig himself. But like nearly every college professor I have ever met, he is a pompous prick who thinks he is smarter than everyone around him.
    I have a fantastic idea. I think a blanket apology is not in order anyway. Why don't you take the time to reach out to David Guth and get a personal apology.
    dguth@ku.edu
    785-864-0683
    It will be much better in person. I need to feel the love.
    This man embarrasses me personally. I was born and raised in Kansas, and to this day I wear a University of Kansas baseball cap every single day. I only take it off for the flag, showers, meals, church and bedtime. It is in my blood, but if the University does not act I will sadly have to rethink my position.
    I want this man's Twitter and email unmanageable and his phone ringing off the hook. Share this article with anyone you can and let's make it happen. This one is personal for me.

Really impressed with the way these people think, Hmmmm, ever wonder how some of these people are hard wired????

Banned
    Kansas professor placed on leave after tweet about Navy Yard killings

Published September 20, 2013FoxNews.com

A journalism professor at the University of Kansas was placed on administrative leave Friday after posting a comment on Twitter regarding Monday's shooting at the Washington Navy Yard that killed 12 people.

David Guth, an associate professor at the school, went after the National Rifle Association in a Twitter message that read: "#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you."
    Guth, who said he was writing as a private citizen simply looking to start a debate, has stood by his message.
    "I dont apologize for it because I'm not saying in the tweet that I want anybody harmed, and I expanded on it in my blog," Guth told Fox4KC.com. "I defend the NRA's rights first and second amendments and I hope they respect mine."
    The Kansas State Rifle Association, however, has called for Guth's immediate dismissal.
    "The KSRA will do everything possible to see to the removal of this man," said Kansas State Rifle Association President Patricia Stoneking.
    The school's chancellor, Bernadette Gray-Little, made the announcement in a statement Friday about about his "indefinite administrative leave pending a review of the entire situation."
    Click for more from Fox4KC.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/20...#ixzz2fXmk5Val

Leave leave...he needs to be fired!! He better hope aomeones child isn't killed!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 09-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.

These idiots are teaching our children and yet we wonder why we're in such trouble in DC, garbage in garbage out. These sick souls do not understand NRA members have defended this country in the military for decades, how can you explain to this professor the man standing on the wall with a rifle is all that stands between us and complete destruction. If this professor was under attack his first call would be 911 hoping to get an NRA member cop with a gun coming to his rescue.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

i would not want to be this guy right now ...laughs
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    GOOD RIDDANCE: Professor calling for murder of NRA members’ children placed on leave

By Clash Daily / 23 September 2013

The nutty professor who tweeted his hope that children of National Rifle Association members were the next murder victims of a mass shooter was placed on “indefinite administrative leave” Friday.
    Amidst national outcry, even after the University of Kansas publicly denounced journalism professor David Warner Guth’s “offensive comments,” the university’s Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little, announced Guth’s leave on the school’s website Friday:

Guth wrote the twisted tweet while events were still unfolding during the shooting at the Washington Navy Yard last Monday. It appears his Twitter account is no longer active as of Saturday morning:
    #NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.”
    Taking to his personal blog Monday to continue his call for NRA members’ kids to be killed by a mass shooter next time, Guth wrote, in part:
    But if it does happen again – and it likely will – may it happen to those misguided miscreants who suggest that today’s death toll at the Navy Yard would have been lower if the employees there were allowed to pack heat. Those fools don’t get it.
    Guth continued to fully defend his comments all week: “Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet,” he told Campus Reform on Wednesday. “I don’t take it back one bit.”
    Read more at bizpacreviews.com

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2013/09/good-r...XCPgOeBqubF.99

Good riddance to the Nutty Professssssor!!!!!