Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Univision broadcast

I just watched the Univision broadcast of the immigration debate. My Spanish isn't very good but I was able to follow quite a bit. It seemed surprisingly balanced between the pro-democracy side and the pro-illegals side. I would guess the studio audience was about one-third pro-democracy. My favorite moment was when a lady, Anna Gaines of American Citizens United, who apparently was of Mexican Indian heritage, was being interviewed. The host referred to her as a Mexican and she snapped back, "No soy Mexicana, soy Americana" (I am not a Mexican. I am an American!).

Banned
    "The host referred to her as a Mexican and she snapped back, "No soy Mexicano, soy Americano" (I am not a Mexican. I am an American!)."

Good for her!!!

Ramos and Salinas today reported polls that show HISPANICS believing that Democrats do a better job than Republicans on everything including immigration, however

OBAMA is not doing well on UNEMPLOYMENT and IMMIGRATION (both under 50%), though 55/56% on Terrorism and the Economy...

The poll also showed that Hispanics (Mexicans, of course) firmlhy believe that they perform jobs that American dont want (87%).... what they dont say of course is that they practice PREDATORY WAGE COMPETITION, with the effect that Americans cannot do those jobs.....
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Our local rag, the Phoenix New Times, which is rabidly pro-illegal immigration and is very actively promoting the charges of racism and bigotry against those of us who support legal immigration only, calls Anna Gaines a Wing Nut Hobbit Lady. She looks like the same as alot of women of Mexican descent look. So who is prejudice? Phoenix New Times insults her physical features that are very common amongst the Mexican people so it is an insult to all Mexican people who look that way - so Phoenix New Times can be prejudice when it suits their purpose.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastar ... _to_yo.php
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!