Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Univision Host Charges Rubio, Cruz With Racial Treason: ‘No Greater Disloyalty’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Univision Host Charges Rubio, Cruz With Racial Treason: ‘No Greater Disloyalty’

Poor Jorge, as a white Mexican, (nationality) he knows that Hispanic is NOT a race. He really is tribal instead of being an inclusive American. Jorge came here as a LEGAL immigrant, yet he champions those that come here and break our laws simply because of their ethnicity.JMO

Univision Host Charges Rubio, Cruz With Racial Treason
    : ‘No Greater Disloyalty’

CHRISTIAN DATOC
    Reporter
    10:14 AM 01/07/2016

Univision host Jorge Ramos wrote in a Tuesday column that Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz have committed racial treason against their Latino roots.

Ramos wrote that though every Republican candidate is currently opposed to a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, what’s “most incomprehensible for many Hispanics is that the two Latino candidates, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, have taken such a harsh stance against immigrants who are here simply because they’re doing the jobs that Americans won’t do.”

“Rubio and Cruz have broken a decades long tradition in which Hispanic politicians, no matter their family origins or political affiliations, tended to defend the most vulnerable immigrants in this country,” Ramos added. “Simply put: Rubio and Cruz don’t want new immigrants to have the same opportunities that their own parents had.”Ramos closed by stating that he doesn’t “understand why immigrants or the children of immigrants tend to attack those who arrived a little later. There is no greater disloyalty than the children of immigrants forgetting their own roots. That’s a betrayal.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/07/un...#ixzz3x0OFH8yd

Hore hey's article:
    OPINIONing your back on immigrants is a betrayal

by Jorge Ramos

January 5, 2016 11:24 a.m.

The children of immigrants in America tend to take on two responsibilities: They care for their immigrant parents, and they care for other immigrants as if they were their own parents. That has been a noble American tradition for over two centuries. Few things are sadder or more treacherous than closing the door to immigrants who came after us, which is what some U.S. presidential candidates want to do.

We’ve never seen so many sons of immigrants running for president. Republican candidate Donald Trump’s mother was born in Scotland; Marco Rubio’s parents were born in Cuba; Ted Cruz’s father is also from Cuba; Democrat Bernie Sanders’ father is from Poland; The parents of Republican Bobby Jindal—who dropped out of the race—are from India. All of these candidates know firsthand what it’s like to live in a house where at least one parent has had to adapt to the culture and rules of a new country.
    Nonetheless the current campaign cycle has been characterized by Republicans’ harsh attacks on immigrants. The terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, have only heightened the xenophobic discourse in the United States.

Almost every GOP candidate has labeled undocumented immigrants “illegal,” and some of them support the idea of building a wall along the southern border with Mexico. Trump famously characterized Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists. And most of the Republican candidates, in contrast to the three Democratic hopefuls, are opposed to offering a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S.

Of course, most incomprehensible for many Hispanics is that the two Latino candidates, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, have taken such a harsh stance against immigrants who are here simply because they’re doing the jobs that Americans won’t do. Both Rubio and Cruz have broken a decadeslong tradition in which Hispanic politicians, no matter their family origins or political affiliations, tended to defend the most vulnerable immigrants in this country. As evidence, look at how Luis Gutierrez and Nydia Velazquez—Democratic representatives from Puerto Rico—or Cuban-American Republican lawmakers Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and brothers Lincoln and Mario Diaz-Balart have defended the undocumented in the past.

Apparently that legacy no longer applies.

“No one running for president knows more about immigration than me,” Rubio recently said during a speech in New Hampshire. Yet Rubio and Cruz are struggling to see who can demonstrate the harshest opposition to offering undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship. Simply put: Rubio and Cruz don’t want new immigrants to have the same opportunities that their own parents had.

Of course, the fact that a candidate is Latino doesn’t mean that Latino voters will automatically vote for him. On the contrary,

Latinos actually demand more from a Latino candidate. But we also know that at some point somebody looked out for that candidate’s immigrant parents. Someone helped them get jobs. Someone taught them how to pronounce words in English correctly.

I myself am an immigrant. I arrived in this country 33 years ago, and I fondly remember when Pete Moraga, my news editor, invited me to his home to celebrate my first Thanksgiving with his family in Los Angeles. I remember how they patiently taught me about the American traditions associated with this holiday. Immigrants never forget those who helped us. Never.

The United States has been extremely generous toward me, which is why I continue to argue that more recent immigrants should have the same opportunities and be treated with the same respect that I received.

I simply don’t understand why immigrants or the children of immigrants tend to attack those who arrived a little later. There is no greater disloyalty than the children of immigrants forgetting their own roots. That’s a betrayal.

Jorge Ramos, an Emmy Award-winning journalist, is the host of Fusion’s new television news show, “America With Jorge Ramos,” and is a news anchor on the Univision Network. Originally from Mexico and now based in Florida, Ramos is the author of nine best-selling books, most recently, “A Country for All: An Immigrant Manifesto.”

http://fusion.net/story/251430/jorge...is-a-betrayal/

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post

Univision host Jorge Ramos wrote in a Tuesday column that Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz have committed racial treason against their Latino roots.

Sorry Jorge Ramos.... our Presidential candidates are campaigning for the American people, not Latinos!

Get a life or go back to your home country and preach to someone who actually wants to hear your racist rhetoric.

Every time you open your mouth I get a migraine!

Jorge Ramos is a racist Hispanic Supremacist that should be barred from entering the United States.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jorge Ramos is a US citizen.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, he became a citizen in 2008, but does he sound like someone with full allegiance to the United States? Personally, I don't think so. Sounds like he is still very loyal to his original homeland and its people. The assimilation process just isn't working like it did decades ago. Of course that is because of the excessive immigration we've had during those decades.

Legal immigrants used to feel profoundly grateful to have the opportunity to live here, now legal and illegal immigrants seem to feel entitled (IMO). I think Ramos is one of those that felt entitled and he believes the rest of the world, especially those of Mexican descent, are equally entitled.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jorge Ramos has dual citizenship. United States and Mexico.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jorge Gilberto Ramos Ávalos was born March 16, 1958 in Mexico City, Mexico

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    Jorge Gilberto Ramos Ávalos was born March 16, 1958 in Mexico City, Mexico
    Yes, he came to US on a phony Student Visa, never left, and somehow years later got a green card, and then became a US citizen in 2008 while still holding Mexican citizenship. An investigation of how he maneuvered our immigration and naturalization process would be quite a story for someone to research and write. Not only is our immigration system in total shambles, so is our naturalization process. You're supposed to abandon citizenship in other countries and swear loyalty to the United States to become a US citizen. Obviously as Ramos so "loudly" proves, that is not the case any more and I'm not aware of any changes to our laws to accommodate such.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Jorge Ramos is a racist Hispanic Supremacist that should be barred from entering the United States.

W

AGREED!

Jorge Ramos has dual citizenship. United States and Mexico.
    He's stated he is proud to admit he votes in both nations elections.

http://www.alipac.us/f9/jorge-ramos-...ountri-322614/
    Last edited by Ratbstard; 01-14-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast