Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Many members of the public as well as officials of the government presume that expanding immigration can cure what they take to be fundamentally a demographic problem.

The above quote is from the complete article cited in the thread header and you can read it here:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/publi.../Kotlikoff.pdf

I believe this explains the underlying causes of immigration to the US, both legal and illegal, and must be directly addressed. That is, the oligarchy views mass immigration, along with other measures such as free trade treaties, 1% interest rates, the expansion of the monetary base, debt and wars as stopgap measures against problems which will ensue due to, not only demographic transition, but also peak oil and loss of national power.

The measures taken to delay the day of reckoning produce a short-lived sense of well-being among many Americans, namely, cheap imports, easy credit, tech booms, real estate bubbles, employment, shock and awe. The consequence of stopping these deluded measures may well be a financial crisis like that lived in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand, among others.

Does this ever answer a whole lot of questions

Thank you CrocketsGhost for bringing everything into clearer focus. And thank you Lupita for your addition.

This puts the icing on the cake.

To me, it explains the following:

1. We need to provide shamenty for the illegals. Translation: Provides more "fodder" for the tax mill.

2. We need the North American Union. Translation: Bring in more outside money to bail us out.

3. Sell American toll roads to foreign investors: Translation: Get foreign money in here asap.

4. Sell American ports to foreign investors: (See #3 above).

Dear God - what have they done?

The measures taken to delay the day of reckoning produce a short-lived sense of well-being among many Americans, namely, cheap imports, easy credit, tech booms, real estate bubbles, employment, shock and awe. The consequence of stopping these deluded measures may well be a financial crisis like that lived in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand, among others.
    Actually, I believe the mass immigration, ridiculouisly low interest rates, ridiculous trade practices, etc., were not designed to stave off the problem, but to hasten it.

Americans have been enticed to go farther and farther into personal debt. They have fallen for the idea, "if I can make the payments'.They never think whether or not they can make the payments 20 years or even 5 years down the road.

I just don't see that this government, either party, has done anything to make America and Americans stronger and they have done many, many things to make America weaker and make Americans less independent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Actually, I believe the mass immigration, ridiculouisly low interest rates, ridiculous trade practices, etc., were not designed to stave off the problem, but to hasten it.

Americans have been enticed to go farther and farther into personal debt. They have fallen for the idea, "if I can make the payments'.They never think whether or not they can make the payments 20 years or even 5 years down the road.

I just don't see that this government, either party, has done anything to make America and Americans stronger and they have done many, many things to make America weaker and make Americans less independent.
    It's the same trick the thieving bastards used in the 1920s. Once they had collapsed the economy, their man FDR used the crisis to steal the government and the country, and then gave all our real wealth (our gold) to the thieves who created the crisis in the first place.

Lupita, as Bush would say "I misunderestimated you" in an earlier thread.
    Thank you for the information. Sounds like the only thing the president has been right about is Social Security reform. If I were younger I would love the personal retirement accounts.
    One thing that bothers me is the notion that the baby boomers will be leeching from the younger workers. I've paid Social Security since I was 17 and now I have to work almost 2 years longer than originally agreed to to collect my benefits. If the politicians had kept their hands off the trust fund it would be solvent. Therefore if my Social Security benefits are funded by the general fund so be it.
    I'm not an economist but I think we'll survive this if there is no amnesty and the government institutes reforms on the way goods coming into the U.S, that are outsourced are treated.
    I think that our economy is so big and is influenced by so many variables that it is like a cartoon I saw about a dinosaur a long time ago. This huge dinosaur is eating grass while a saber toothed tiger bites the end of his tail. The tiger goes away and the dinosaur continues to graze for several more panels then in the final panel he says OUCH!!

are the unwitting credit card of the federal government.
    And in turn most of the world...
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12