Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Senate: Amendment Voting Progress (as of 5/24/07)

Reverse Chronological Order (most recent first):

Senate Roll #180
    May 24, 2007 5:59 PM
    Vitter Amdt. No. 1157, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Rejected 29-66, 5 not voting
    (Poster note - this is the amend. that attempted to revoke the granting of 'Z' visas to IAs under the entire bill)

Senate Roll #179
    May 24, 2007 5:27 PM
    Sanders Amdt. No. 1223, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Agreed to 59-35, 6 not voting
    (Poster note - this is the amend. Sanders authored to increase the processing fee for H1b applications; and also to apply those funds raised toward the creation of US scholarship programs to bolster enrollment and graduation in high-need technical/scientific fields)

Senate Roll #178
    May 24, 2007 2:15 PM
    Dorgan Amdt. No. 1181, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Rejected 48-49, 3 not voting
    (Poster note - this is the amend. that Dorgan authored which attempted to
    sunset the duration that guest workers are allowed in - requires review after 5 years from implementation [down from 10])

Senate Roll #177
    May 24, 2007 12:46 PM
    Coleman Amdt. No. 1158, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Rejected 48-49, 3 not voting
    (Poster note - this is the amend. authored by Coleman that would have stripped provisions from existing Fed law in order to allow greater information sharing [regarding legal status/citizenship] between local-Federal law enforcement and related agencies)

Senate Roll #176
    May 24, 2007 12:19 PM
    Akaka Amdt. No. 1186, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Agreed to 87-9, 4 not voting
    (Poster note - this is a rather limited and straightforward amend. to allow extended family members of Filipino WW2 vets to acquire PR/citizenship without being included in current visa / PR quotas)

Senate Roll #175
    May 23, 2007 2:29 PM
    Bingaman Amdt. No. 1169, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Agreed to 74-24, 2 not voting
    (Poster note - this amend reduces the numbers of guest workers allowed in under the entire bill from the [original] 400k down to 200k)

Senate Roll #174
    May 22, 2007 5:47 PM
    Dorgan Amdt. No. 1153, S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes. (On the Amendment)
    Amendment Rejected 31-64, 5 not voting
    (Poster note - this amend. attempted to reduce the number of total guest workers allowed in under the entire bill from an original 400k/yr down to 0k/yr)

*Information from GovTrack (with many thanks - except poster comments). Information current as of 5/24/07.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought there was a Graham Amendment which would make it imprisonable to be illigal in this country.

Also the only thing that is even close to good is the Sanders Amendment. Everything else keeps it the same or worst.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

WMM:

Yes, I believe that is correct - I don't see an entry anywhere for a vote on that and I don't recall seeing the vote either.

I'll double-check a few different sources for the info. It's entirely possible that his amendment was simply introduced and then either tabled or to be voted on after the Mem Day break...(?)

Agreed on the net effect so far. All the really good amendments didn't pass. Only the most modest ones have so far.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There were several amendments that were going to be held over until they returned from Memorial Day.

Email I am sending out to all Senators

Oops, sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread

(I fixed things up PAF, no biggie... - PhE)

PAF: Yes indeed. Sessions introduced one which involved the EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) and I'm fairly certain it is among that group.

Get a rest over the weekend folks, starting Monday/Tuesday, things are going to really starting rolling again (!)