Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

USA made products

Today I read that Gateway is going to start up a plant in Tn. If true, their computers will be made here....probably with foreign parts, I don't know for sure, anyway....we ought to contact them and see if they'd accept trade ins for our Chinese made computers on a new Gateway!!!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I don't know how they work. I just know they laid off and maybe closed a plant in Sioux City Iowa a couple of years ago (or so). I'm curious to know as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was a moderator for a live chat forum for a couple of years...those using Gateway computers had more trouble than others...Dell seemed to be the best but they had a lot of tech problems...couldn't get responses from the company if and when they had questions. I think that may have been resolved now...

Don't know where Dell is made....

MJ

My husband paid $2500 for a Dell pc about 4 yrs ago. It had 4 hard drives put into it...they always put in refurbished hard drives. It finally got to the point you couldn't do a thing with it and he unplugged it and bought a laptop.

Well, forget the trade ins. They do have a program, but when I typed in the info from my old laptop, it gave me a $32.50 value on a trade in!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangJo
    I was a moderator for a live chat forum for a couple of years...those using Gateway computers had more trouble than others...Dell seemed to be the best but they had a lot of tech problems...couldn't get responses from the company if and when they had questions. I think that may have been resolved now...

Don't know where Dell is made....

MJ
    Dell was bought out a few years ago. Sorry, can't remember by whom but I do remember not being pleased.

FYI: we also had trouble w/a Dell a few years ago and replaced it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Awhile back Gateway merged with Time Warner and AOL. It seems that their independent again or just a subdivision
    My first computer was a Gateway. It was called "Astro" one of those with the computer and monitor as one unit and only with a D drive.
    I had problems wih that, but that was my learning tool. These companies give out several locatins but never the axact one. You notice you always send the payment to a PO Box?
    ------------------------

DELL HOME SYSTEM CO, is in Dallas, Tx.
    ------------------------