Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: Significant drops in support

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: Significant drops in support for Clinton & Giuliani

"National support for Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Rudy Giuliani significantly eroded over the past month," USA TODAY Washington bureau chief Susan Page writes.

Meanwhile, Republican Mike Huckabee's standing in the national poll has shot up -- to the point where he leads a group of four GOP contenders basically tied for second place behind front-runner Giuliani.

Susan adds that results of the latest USA TODAY/Gallup Poll underscore the volatile nature of both the Democratic and Republican nomination battles with just one month to go before the Jan. 3 Iowa presidential caucuses.

The national telephone poll was taken Friday through Sunday. There were 425 Republicans and "leaning" Republicans surveyed, and 494 Democrats and "leaning Democrats." Each number has a margin of error of +/- 5 percentage points. The results:

Republicans.

• Giuliani: 25%; vs 28% in the previous survey, taken Nov. 11-14; and 34% in a Nov. 2-4 survey. So, his support has fallen 9 percentage points in a month.
    • Mike Huckabee: 16%; vs. 10% in the previous survey; and 6% before that. His support has risen 10 percentage points in a month.
    • Fred Thompson: 15%; vs. 19% in the previous survey; and 17% before that.
    • Sen. John McCain: 15%; vs. 13% in the previous survey; and 18% before that.
    • Mitt Romney: 12%; unchanged from the previous survey; and 14% before that.
    No other GOP candidate was above 4%.

Democrats.

• Clinton: 39%; vs. 48% in the previous survey; and 50% before that. Her support has fallen 11 percentage points in a month.
    • Sen. Barack Obama: 24%; vs. 21% in the previous survey; and 22% before that.
    • John Edwards: 15%; vs. 12% in the previous survey; and 15% before that.
    No other candidate was above 4%.

To compare the USA TODAY/Gallup results with other national polls, go to Pollster.com's results for the Democrats and the Republicans.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/20 ... uppor.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is it with this Huckabee guy? I have not been following it, sadly. Who is providing all his support? CAn anyone fill me in?

Huckabee has won support from evangelist born-again Christians. He used to be a Baptist minister. His policy of immigration is that "they're all God's children" so let 'em in, let's support them with taxpayer dollars. He's liberal.

I heard him say that he's drawing strength from people who are praying for him.

There isn't one candidate who will do right by the American people.
    ANQ
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

I heard him say that he's drawing strength from people who are praying for him

Maybe we should do some praying for him too. Let's see if praying that people see him for what he really is works!

It's sad that so many people are blinded by the titles "Pastor" or "Reverend." There have been enough scandals to prove there are countless charlatans among their ranks. Not to mention, Al and Jesse. They are simply wolves in sheep's clothing.

I don't know enough about Huckabee to determine if he is a charlatan, but I do know he is pro-amnesty. That alone, is proof positive he would not be good for us. All we need is to have another president willing to give away our country.

It seems that Hillary and Rudy was crowned a little prematurely.Hucklebee is too pro-illegal for serious conservative voters to consider voting for.He might win a couple of moderate states,but the South and West would never support a candidate that rewards illegal aliens with benefits and amnesty.