Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Use The Military Bases GWB Wants To Close For Refugees

The military bases would be perfect. Better than tents. They will have a community, commisary could be set up for them, medical and dental for them could be easily set up. Much better than tents.

Why close them?? They are now USEFUL.

It's only fair that I tell you this was not my idea, but Michael Savage's idea. But when he said that, I said YEA!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I disagree the American poor already have a problem being integrated into the economy. Placed in a military base they will be a charge on the American public. The American government should encourage departure of illegal aliens by every legal means. The American refugees should be the ones in day labor and American jobs.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I could see allowing the FEMA trailer parks that will be set up be placed on to be closed military bases. But whos gonna be the police force? Once the base is closed the military police go away too... and you can not have the number of people these FEMA cities will have without a large police force.

I would be againest giving the victims of the hurricane housing at active military bases. Theres isn't enough housing for military familys as there is and too much of what there is avable is in bad shape. Families of military men and women should come first and foremost.

ArtC,

I would agree. Though I would say use the already closed bases which have housing sitting on them already and if they aren’t in that great of shape you put them in tents like the soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don’t understand why they aren’t using those empty bases that have been sitting for about 5-10yrs. I live by one that is in complete tact and could be ready rather fast and those empty military bases are all ready to go and a few of them could handle those people on a temporary basis or even on permanent basis. It just makes sense, why ship these people to another state? Louisianan has two closed military bases in the north that aren’t being used, I don’t understand.

Perhaps after we start to figure out what really happened, they could keep a few of bases in tact for the purpose of a disaster again. This isn’t the last disaster that we will have and with all the talk of a nuclear attack on Soil what if this was that, I only hope they really learn something from this distaste; we aren’t as prepared as they would like us to believe.

Pro

Didn't the military just conduct a mock nuclear attack drill around Charlston SC?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should not go to active military installations. The closed bases should be used if they have not already been bought up by the private sector.

Tent cities should be established. I doubt that FEMA has enough campers or mobile homes to house all these people and we shouldn't be spending the money on that. It would cost too much.

Any illegals should be screened from the homeless and immediately deported to their home countries.