Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Utah tells feds how much it costs to educate Immigrants

Utah legislators frustrated by illegal immigration are finished being nice - they're sending a strongly worded letter to the feds.
    Armed with a legislative audit estimating the cost of educating undocumented immigrants, members of the Education Interim Committee voted Wednesday to send the audit to Utah's congressional delegation and the U.S. departments of Immigration and Education.
    An accompanying letter will request "reimbursement to the state from the federal government of costs resulting from their failed immigration policy."
    "I doubt they'll pay it," said Rep. Steve Urquhart, R-St. George, who made the motion to send the letter. "But I think it's important that they hear from the state."
    The audit, which was released in May, estimated Utah spends between $63 million and $98 million educating undocumented immigrants. Its narrow scope considered neither the U.S. citizen children of undocumented immigrants nor the taxes contributed by such workers.
    The audit estimated costs to educate undocumented immigrants by roughly estimating their numbers - somewhere between 11,000 and 17,000 - and figuring the state spends the per-pupil average, plus low-income and English-language learner funds on them.

Utah can't support a non tax paying illegal immigrant. I don't know of any State that can.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige,
    Do you have a link?

I really wish they'd do the same thing up here. While I'm glad St. George is waking up to the problem; I only hope this movement comes north!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

There's a thread started about this in the News Articles from Thursday.

[quote="sippy"]Paige,
    Do you have a link?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_6409569

Sorry I thought I put the link up. I read it in the paper this morning and went to the Tribune to get it. It was well hidden.

<div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I saw him on Neal Cavuto today on Fox Cable News. Like I've said in the past, Neal does a lot on illegal immigration. This state legislature was very articulate and answered every question Neal posed to him. I was impressed.

I sure wished CA would send a bill to them for last 30 years of free medical, and education, and crime here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Many years ago, the border school districts, who at the time were bearing the brunt of the illegal migration, asked the state to sue the federal government for the monies it was costing them due to non-enforcment of immigration laws.

Our legislature then came up with the Robin Hood bill. They decided that the school districts who had a fat budget should 'share with those that don't'.

The feds didn't get sued.

The employers gave more money than the citizenry did.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Sorry I thought I put the link up. I read it in the paper this morning and went to the Tribune to get it. It was well hidden.

Thanks all for the links. I didn't have time to read the Trib the other day or I most likely would have seen this article.

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.