Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The verbal matador sidestepped

...but the Bull Dobbs gored him anyway.

From Lou Dobbs transcript:
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...30/ldt.01.html
    Andrea Batista Schlesinger is the executive director of the Drum Major Institute. Thanks for being here.

ANDREA BATISTA SCHLESINGER, DRUM MAJOR INST.: Thank you.

DOBBS: Let's start with the first issue. I have said for a long time now, we can't reform immigration if we can't control it. We can't control immigration if we cannot secure our ports and our borders. Where does that logic fail?

SCHLESINGER: Three quick points. The first is that your viewers need to know that the middle class actually has a vested interest in this debate. They are positively impacted by the role of immigrants in the economy. So that's the first piece.

The second thing is, knowing that, the only way that we can create comprehensive remedy to an immigration system that we agree is broken is if we both recognize the critical role that immigrants play in the economy, and then direct our attention toward the private sector that is interested in pitting immigrant versus middle class worker, for their bottom line, not the bottom line of Americans.

DOBBS: All right, since you won't respond to my syllogism, I'll respond to yours. Is that all right?

SCHLESINGER: Sure.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ever notice that we get holidays in honor of political hacks (well not all of them were) but never for people who have made major contributions like Walt Disney or Sophia Loren. I think we should have a day for Lou Dobbs the voice of sanity that may be saving our country. He's certainly no Sophia Loren but he has my respect.