Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VIDEO: Presidente Calderon: Mistake to postpone immigration

August 9th, 2007. Mexican President Felipe Calderon says it is a mistake for the U.S. Congress to postpone immigration reform. Says that those who think that the fight for recognition has been defeited are mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sngemlBFur4

Banned
    "BULL BEEEEEEEP"

Well, with the news about a crack down, I was wondering why they were so quiet down there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the link to the Business Week article which addresses the same speech.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8QU54980.htm

Here's one quote from the article:
    "The U.S. Congress, which today turns its back on reality, knows full well that the American economy could not move forward without the labor of Mexicans," Calderon said Thursday in his home state of Michoacan.
    And I really love this one:

Calderon argued that the United States should not try to cut off immigration, because Mexico's labor-intensive economy "clearly" complements the capital-oriented economy of its northern neighbor.
    I saw a little of this last night and got to thinking. (And that's scary). If I were President of the U.S., I do believe this would be my response:

[quote]Dear Felipe:
    I was so heartened to hear your thoughts on our thorny immigration issue during your last speech. It was also obvious to me how concerned you are about the success of the U.S. economy. This was so touching, it actually brought tears to my eyes - what vision, what dedication, what insight you have shown with these thoughts is heartwarming. I never clearly realized how devoted you were to the success of the U.S. economy.

I cannot find true words to express my appreciation for your concern, but I felt it imperative that such generosity should be reciprocated. So, in order to help the Mexican economy flourish even more, I have a few suggestions that I am convinced would benefit both of our countries.

You have indicated that Mexico’s “labor-intensive economy compliments our capital-oriented economyâ€