Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Viewer Stories: I Lost My Job

I found this on the internet tonight and in view of all the illegal aliens in our nation taking jobs from Americans, this really hit me hard and I thought I'd share these peoples' stories. This is what's happening to our fellow Americans while illegals send money home, buy $14,000 worth of radio equipment to "parade back home" and get bailed out on their fraudulent home loans by these American taxpayers...compliments of Obama. Here they are:

Jack from Rock Hill, S.C.

I was laid off last June and have been looking for a job ever since. I have sent resumes to at least 120 jobs and have 18 interviews. The irony is that this is the third time in 6 years I have been laid off and collecting unemployment, and at my age I do not foresee being hired. I am 61, and with so many people applying for jobs, companies have their choice of people and they are not going to hire someone at my age even though I have plenty of experience in the jobs I have applied for. So, I guess I will get early social security and hopefully be able to at least get a part-time job, but right now, there are not much of either full or part-time jobs.

Delores from Stone Mountain, Ga.

In October, I was laid off. Two weeks later, my husband was laid off and our health insurance ended on the last day of the month. We are both diabetics, so for the first time ever we are getting our medications at the Grady clinic. In November, my daughter, who is the single mother of two teenaged boys was laid off. Since I have always supplemented her income to help her with her bills, things are pretty bleak for our two households right now.

Kathy from Concord, Ohio

I was recently laid off from my job after 14 years with a company, and only missing two sick days that entire time. Many others who were there only a few years, with no college, and making less money and much younger were not. I was told it was due to the economy although sales were good. So much for company loyalty!

Darren from Cedarville, Ark.

Coming home from deployment was great and getting nestled back into my regular routine of being a civilian was more than I expected. It took me a few weeks to convince my employer they were under federal laws to provide my job back to me, even though I was sent home early because of an injury.

I wasted my time and breath, though, when they fired me for having too many doctors appointments. I was sure, though, that I would be protected there as well. Not exactly. Since the Medical Board had released me back to duty without limitations, that allowed my employer to fire me for the doctors visits.

It has been four weeks since I was fired and the job market is getting slimmer. It's kind of sad and hard to deal with watching my family lose everything we had worked for. But what is even harder is knowing that I am employed by the National Guard, but yet at the same time, jobless.

It's hard to explain the effects it is having on us as my wife and I are now on the verge of getting a divorce. I have heard many people say that that should have no affect on a marriage, but I guess those who say that have never been here? Our youngest daughter I think is even realizing the effect the economy is having on us. I mean really, I told my wife not to put up the Christmas tree this year because we don't have the money to get any gifts for the children and I don't want them looking at a empty tree wishing daddy was working. I guess it's daddy's fault "he should be working". But when daddy can't even get unemployment, kids don't understand there is no money. They understand what their peers are talking about.

I don't know how to tell them that we don't have the money for the rent this month either, but I guess heat can be found under blankets as long as we have a roof.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that it is an American shame to know that I went to defend my country and returned home to find no one had defended me!

Nicholas from Charlotte, N.C.

I am a 29-year-old father of two. I have worked in the NASCAR racing industry for 12 yrs. I was recently layed off due to lack of work/sponsorship. I worked for one of the biggest teams in the world. I even had a contract until the end of '09. I don't know what's next for me being racing is all I know and have ever done.

Lori from Somerville, Mass.

I lost my job in February, and haven't been able to find ANYTHING since. Not even retail holiday help. My unemployment was up over the summer, and my first extension was up the middle of September. The second extension won't help me as I won't see any money until a day or two before Christmas, if I'm lucky. Not sure what to do. No Christmas gifts for my family this year!

Monte from Des Moines, Iowa

I was an IT Project Management Consultant for a large bank and mortgage company in Des Moines. My contract was cancelled on Nov. 9, 2007. I have applied and interviewed for hundreds of jobs in the last year, each time competing against hundreds of other applicants. I have three kids, one with Autism. We have never been late on a house payment due to a small income from my wife, but other bills have been late at times. I have some projects in the works, including writing a book, but nothing that will bring home immediate income. I have resolved with the fact that my PM career is a thing of the past and I'm looking toward the future with a new direction. I don't yet know what that will be, though I'm sure it will be for significantly less money. I guess in some ways we were lucky that I did make a lot of money so that everything was paid up when all of this started and we actually had some money in the bank. That sure has changed now, though. After our $1,100 per month mortgage payment we are lucky to have $1500 to pay other bills and buy food. I know some people have it so much worse, though. I feel blessed in some ways.

Mark from Orlando

I've been out of work for a long, long time and have become a stay-at-home dad to offset day care costs. I've managed to scrape some money together, trading goods on the secondary markets, but in no way can I support my family on it. My wife's job pays the bills, but it's a tightrope, and with the possibility that we both could be out of work looming over our heads, well, it's frightening. With half of the 401K gone with the wind we won't have much of a windfall to get us through when she does lose her job.

A month or two without jobs and our home, gone. Our bank account, gone. Our excellent credit history, gone. Tough times, my friends. Tough times.

Gayle from Winter Park, Fla.

My company downsized in January 2008 and my job was eliminated. Since I had 30 years with the company, I retired. The plan was to sell my house, pay off my debts and move back to Virginia where my family is. Now I can't sell my house without taking a loss. I can't live on my pension and social security and have not been able to find a job. Without a major change in my finances, I will lose my home by summer.

Vicki from Washington

I'm 45 years old and am on unemployment for the first time in my life. I have never had to use unemployment and I'm grateful it's here for me. The concern I'm having is when that runs out and I use up the extension -- what happens next? Will welfare be the only choice? It's not what I want. I'm fully capable of working, but the economy has taken away too many jobs!

Kathryn from Royal Oak, Mich.

I recently lost my job due to lack of work at my company. My fiance and I were looking ahead to the future, getting married and starting a family. Now with the current situation, we can no longer plan our wedding and I'm afraid that we will not be able to make our house payment and other payments. I'm active seeking work but it is extremely discouraging with the economy at the state it is in.

Laurie from Florida

My husband hasn't been able to work since May 2005, and he applied for social security disability in September of that year due to a rare form of vasovagel disease. He passes out all the time and is in constant pain. We go before the SS judge in December, three years later and living on nothing. I have to pay for medical insurance, medical bills, living on less than $600 a month, after taxes. I tried to get assistance, but they said that we make too much!?! Thank goodness for the food bank that I have visited every month for the past three years. I just went yesterday, their cupboards were BARE, the lady made the statement that Tuesday, they had over 40 families that came in needing food on just this one day and we live in a very small rural town. They also had a Sign posted "No Financial Help Until Further Notice." So not only is the food running out, families that were receiving help paying their electric will now be living in the dark. Looks like people who are living paycheck to paycheck would be better off investing in LAND and living off of it. I would see us doing A LOT better!

Sheri from Dayton, Ohio

I became unemployed Aug. 1, 2008. I no longer have health insurance and need meds and blood work to save (anti-reject meds) and monitor my liver transplant. I received $300.00 per week from unemployment, which doesn't come close to covering my meds and lab work, let alone my other living expenses. I am scared. I am depressed. I am finding it harder and harder to get up in the morning. Who is going to hire a 61 yr. old?

I don't know what to do or where to go. I need help. Any suggestions?

Patti from Southampton, NY

On Aug. 8, I was laid off. I am a Payroll/HR Benefits Coordinator.

I have two grown children that own their own businesses. My daughter owns a florist, my son a carpet-cleaning business.

With the economy in such a mess, I had been helping them financially. Without a job that had to end.

My daughter is behind on her loans and rent on the florist. My son and daughter-in-law just found out she is going to have a baby. He is wondering how he will heat their home this winter.

At 59-years-old, I am having a terrible time finding a job. I realize my children are adults, but they are still my babies, I need to help them.

I am worried sick for them.

Hien from Lawrenceville, Ga.

We have five children, two are in college and three are in high school and elementary school. My husband lost his job in the middle of 2007. We had a business and closed it down recently. We have been living off our savings since January of this year. We are at the point where we are behind at least 2 to 3 months on our mortgage and bills. We are living with $50 in our pocket and depending on foodstamps. We just received notices from our mortgage and electric companies. We have been going everywhere, sending resumes, and received no response from employers.

We are scared. For all we know, they can throw us out on the street tomorrow. We can't even refinance the house because we are unemployed.

Randy from Dawsonville, Ga.

I lost my job in May 2008, due to a downsizing caused by lack of business. I worked for an automotive supplier. I have been unable to find work. My wife finally landed a job making $8.50 an hour. I am currently drawing unemployment insurance. Our home is due to be foreclosed and sold on the court house steps on Nov. 4. We have two special-needs teenagers in the home. I have only been able to land one interview and was denied work due to the fact that my crdit score has dropped drastically in the past year. Two years ago my credit rating was above 800. We have cut everything that we possibly can just to survive. Our vehicle was almost repoed and the transmission came out of our other vehicle. I search the Internet every day looking for work. I apply for everything that I am qualified for, but nothing is happening. I even applied for a job at Wal-Mart. We have been denied food stamps. My wife and I have no medical insurance and we are trying to get the kids on peach care. When my wife got her job they cut out their medicaid. None of this is my fault, but we sure are paying the price for something that we had no control over.

Kristina from Parker, Colo.

Due to my husband losing his job four years ago, we were forced to do a debt consolidation. We have five kids and one income. We recently tried to refinance and Countrywide told us it would go through, we'd get cash out, etc. I was thinking, 'oh thank God, finally a light at the end of the tunnel.' I agreed to pay a debtor back by the end of October as my loan was to close mid-October. Countrywide completely misled me and now they tell me I have to bring cash to closing because my house didn't appraise at what they originally thought. Like I have any cash. So now I lost the loan origination fee of $400, which I didn't have, and I have to come up with $8,000 in two weeks. I only pray that the company I am working with will work with me for monthly payments. I work two jobs to make ends meet and my husband works as a waiter because he can't find a job. That helps, but tips are bad because the economy is bad. Waiters only make $4 per hour, so when people lower the tip rate that makes it even harder. I wish the government would care about the people rather than big business for a change. Where can I find an apartment that houses seven people for cheap? Of course, I can't. And yet if the company doesn't work with me they can take money out of my account, which means I can't make my house payment, and that in turn means I lose my house.

John from Michigan

I lost everything from the job cuts in Michigan. I don't know how I am going to survive in Michigan anymore. There's no hope for Michigan jobs now. I will have to move to another state, or maybe even another country, because everyone is losing their jobs in America now.

Eva from Omaha, Neb.

For 17 years we had a masonary company, last year we closed the door. After exhausting all resources to keep our employees working, we had to close the doors. My husband is working for another company and I have always worked full-time. Where we used to have money to help our family and friends, now it's paycheck to paycheck. We're indebt to the IRS, and other companies, they want their money, we have none to give. Same ole story as everyone else. That's ok though, we'll keep working hard, keep it positive and share what we can. We're lucky, we have each other, our children are grown and they make enough to feed themselves. God has blessed us, we all need to just keep the faith -- he has not forgotten us. Remember, what does not kills us, keeps us strong. We're Americans, we can do this!

AJ from Indianapolis

I lost my job in June after 7-1/2 years of loyal service. This was after I was told my job was secure.

I have a paralegal degree, but without the experience, I cannot find a good job. I have registered with probably 10 different temp agencies, and out of all of those, I have only received one assignment.

The unemployment I receive barely covers what my husband and I need to survive. I really don't know how we are going to make it.

Dawn from Anderson, Ind.

I am a single mom of three great kids. I lost my job and can't find another one. I have a college degree and solid work history. I can't even get hired at Wal-mart or McDonalds. I now live off the government, which I hate. I want to work and I see some of these other people that have or have gotten the jobs I applied for and I don't get it. My car is falling apart. I can't afford to take care of my dogs. I'm scared living like this. It is very trying! I have a degree in aviation and I haven't worked a day in the field since I got my lic. in 09/16/01. It would be nice if the government would help those people out with student loans because with that I can't go back to school and I'm out of forebarence time.

Eileen from Wildomar, Calif.

I am a widow that has worked in the hotel/property management business for a long time. Recently, I was laid off as my boss sold his properties and the new owners are working the property now. I am qualified for many things, yet I cannot find a job. I have put my resume on several employment sites, applied on the paper and signed up at work forces and most of the employment agencies. I lost my insurance in the middle of dental work I was having done so that is half finished. Unfortunately, it was in the front so now I can't really smile and that is making it harder to find work. I am now applying for nanny or housekeeping jobs to make my car payment, rent etc. There are hundreds of businesses out there, where are they finding the people to man their jobs, I can't find a help wanted sign anywhere? I really feel for those younger people that have families to support. My children are grown, but they need help, too, as they are struggling and I can't help them now. I just hope things change for the better soon for everyone.

Elizabeth from St. Augustine

My husband was laid off in May of this year. We have three children ranging from 13 years to 2 years old. He has not been able to find employment -- he has gone to numerous job interviews and has had no luck. Companies won't even call him back. It has been so tough for us. He's collecting unemployment, which helps out somewhat. We have been cutting back on everything I can think of.

Jennifer from Roseville, Mich.

My husband and I have both lost our jobs (I lost mine a month ago, he lost his today). I worked as a Mortgage QC Underwriter who was trained to approve the types of mortgages that have gotten our country into this mess in the first place. Because of the greed of the banks such as the one I worked for, I am now hurting right along with all of those folks who bought homes they really couldn't afford. How's that for karma? When we look at this bailout and think we're only helping the rich out of this mess, remember, it's not just the Fat Cat's who are suffering, but most likely their underpaid support staff that is now suffering because they've been fired. Since my husband and I are both jobless now we have no health insurance. We have two small children and our son has Cerebral Palsy. It's scary to think that if the end is not in sight, how much worse could this get

Diane from Indiana

Due to the economic times, my husband has been laid off several times. He most recently worked for a small business and was laid off due to slow business. He did obtain a job at a much lower salary. I have a Master's degree and sad to say, I don't make enough to make ends meet with my husband's lower salary. I work for the local county and have not had a raise for years and will likely never get one. I have taken a second job to help, which results in being absent most days from my family. I am off one to two days a month. I doubt I will ever have money to retire or help my children enter college, leaving them with little job prospects. I will NOT vote this year as I am disgusted by the candidates. They degrade each other, which is something I teach my children not to do and are not good role models. I am seriously considering leaving the country to seek other opportunities.

Pamela from North Bend, Wash.

I lost my job in February. I have applied for 100's of jobs resulting in 3 interviews, the latest I am still waiting to hear. Because we lost my income, we made it for a few months but finally had to let our car go back to the lender. A few more months and we had to move out of our house, we could no longer afford the $1,750 rent and the $400 power bill. We didn't have any money for deposits on an apartment. We finally found an RV sales lot that would carry the contract so we purchased a 1995 5th wheel and are currently living in my sisters driveway with our 2 small boys under 4. our payment including insurance is $321. My husband makes $55k per year, you would think we could make it. But the cost of everything has gotten so far out of control...gas...food. Once you are behind, it is so difficult to climb your way out. We had 2 payday loans to get out from under, everything of value was sold or hocked. We have been here two months and we are just now finally in a position where we have paid back any money loaned to us, and are able to put some money aside to start building enough money to be able to move out of her driveway and into a campground. I used to own a $400k house, and now I am excited about moving into a campground just to get out of my sisters driveway. I have a bachelors degree from the University of Washington and 10 years in Human Resources, once upon a time you would have thought I was highly employable. The positive note...there are lots of things you can do out there with your children that are free - you just have to look! And I know where every park is that's for sure!

Heidi from Kansas City, Missouri

I just turned 28 and never thought I'd still be living at home. I tried to move out a few times but it was too rough to try and afford everything I needed, and still survive. My goal was to move back in for a bit and save up money for the future. However my job was eliminated and I had to take a new job, which resulted in a pay cut. I lucked out on finding something close to home where I'm saving on gas (as much as that's even possible) but I'm now helping my mom out with her bills in addition to my own because she can't afford to have a house by herself as she's also living paycheck to paycheck. I cringe everytime I check my bank balance.

Anne from Albuquerque

I was layed off in 2001. I worked for this company for 20 years. I recieved no severence pay. The CEO's of our company that worked there only two years were allowed to pocket all of the companys money and lay off 4,000 employees. I am sure you heard of it Furr's Supermarkets. Since then I have returned to school to re-educate myself. I am trying to get a degree so I can be more marketable. I live paycheck to paycheck. I have a lot of expenses at school with books and tuition fee's. I cannot afford to purchase a house but I dream of owning one. I am close to retirement age but continue to work as long as I can. I have given up trying to keep up with inflation.

Rosalind from Indianapolis

I am 52 years old. In April 2008 my company closed. It took me 14 years me to make $40 an hour as a flight attendant. Where can I go at my age and stay afloat? I am a single woman trying to update my skills in order to compete. It is very difficult to find employment. It feels like the Big Depression. My unemployment is almost gone and I lack health insurance. God bless America.

Jeannette from Lancaster, Pa.

I am a 46-year-old female who lost her job in August of 2007 and collected unemployment for 26 weeks. I immediately began to change the way I lived, ie. generic groceries, any trip in the car was mapped out, went to basic cable, no more manicures, sold an extra vehicle, do not eat out, etc. My other half of 17 years is an owner/operator, meaning he owns his own tractor which was bought used five years ago, paid cash, purchased a trailer, which we make payments on and pay for insurance on tractor and trailer which is $7,000.00 a year, buy our own diesel, which is still at this point $0.97 more today than it was a year ago this time, tires which are $500.00 a piece -- and there are 18 of them -- annual registratation of $2,000.00, and that is not all states, just 13 of them he can run in, quarterly fuel taxes, and cheap brokers who don't want to pay anything to haul the freight ... I could go on and on. We are now in the process of preparing our home that we purchased eight years ago to sell. It is either give it up or the business. So I will climb in the truck, put our prized possessions in storage and see the country and hope that this wonderful government we so trust in and believe in will someday turn around. Or maybe they will bail me out like they will Wall Street. What happened to helping Main Street?

Sandy from Atchison, Kansas

Eighteen months ago, when the company I worked for started to downsize, I was one of those affected. At the time I was only 20 miles one way from work and now I am 63 miles one way from work. So from what was $30 every two weeks for gas has now turned to $120-plus a week for gas. That is a $460-plus a month hit to our budget that comes off the top before we are able to make the house payment, pay utilities, buy food, medicine and other essentials.

My husband is retired and the prospect of my retirement was shot out of the water with the retirement age going to 70, and the fact that in 2017, my social security benefits will be cut due to short falls in the social security system.

We are just one of millions of families that worry every day about what the future is going to hold for our emontional and financial outlook.

There is truly something amiss when oil and drug companies rake in billions of dollars a year in profits and corporate executives demand -- and get -- salaries and perks that short-change the American workers and families like us.

Candace from Port Orange, Fla.

I lost my job in March, as did my husband (we worked for the same company in the real estate field). I was extremely lucky to find a job in 2.5 weeks, but my husband is still pounding the pavement to search for a job. Luckily, we have not lost anything yet, but it is coming if he does not find a job soon. We have always been paycheck to paycheck people, only now there is not enough between my pay cut and his umemployment check. With mortgage, electric, water, child support, and food and gas bills, it is very hard at this time to keep our heads above water and not sink any farther.

Peter from Goffstown, N.H.

Two years ago, I had a good paying job and now I don't. We went to refinance on our home back in February; we have more than enough equity built up, but my wife was temping at the time, and still is, so the bank denied us because of that reason. I don't know if we will even make it another week, let alone another month. Now my furnace is dead and we have no oil, and still owe the oil man from last year. My paychecks are gone way before I even get them, then you hear that the government is bailing out the banking system so CEOs can get millions. That's justice!. Is there anyone who can help?

Sabine from Adrian, Mo.

I lost my job in March, and thank God, I found a job two weeks later. It is a job I never thought I would have to work. I took a big pay cut and I work 72 hours a week. My fiancee hasn't worked in 12 months. He belongs to a union and they can't come up with any jobs. He lost his truck this year, but union dues are due. Even so, we have basic bills like rent, utilities and phone. We can't hardly keep it going. My son, who is 20, could not find a job around here. He left the state with three of his friends. They found a construction job in Houston and they don't know when they can come back. They hope they can get ahead to pay their past due bills. The constant worry, stress and hopelessness you feel because you don't have enough money is sometimes unbearable. You have to decide if you pay your electric bill or buy food.

Billy-Bob from Maine

About a year and a half ago I left a good paying job to pursue a career that I thought would be more enjoyable. It was a significant pay cut, but over time I could eventually make good money again. Six months later my employer laid off all but three emplyees and I found myself on the unemployment line. I applied for 45 jobs in six months with nothing happening. Luckily for me, my old job opened up again and I was re-hired. I am lucky, my wife is a nurse and I am making good money again. My old company gave me more money to come back, but I lost seniority, so if jobs start getting cut, I will be cut. It is scary.

Nichole from Kansas City

I'm sure my story is like others in the USA. I was terminated because of someone else. I have been waiting for unemployment to kick in, but I was told that they are so far behind that it is taking six to eight weeks to make a decision. I don't have that long. I will be losing my car and place of residence soon. I have several interviews, but if I can't put gas in the car, I can't get there, right? I have been looking for a big box that I can call home. Have you seen one? I think they're all being occupied.

Rachelle from Kansas City

My husband and I both lost our jobs. My place of employment filed chapter 11 and closed all of their Kansas City stores. My husband's job laid off an entire shift. He had almost nine years with this company, but the employees with 10 years or more were the ones considered first to stay. Within two months, our income went from $90,000 a year to $0. We're both still searching for employment. We have four children.

Carla from Valente

About five years ago, after being laid-off again, the jobs replacing the old haven't matched up monetarily. With that in mind, my budget had changed dramatically. I could not save for college (community), vacation, or add to any savings.

Now, I do not have enough money to meet my budget, so whatever bill(s) is/are due, that is where the money goes for that week. So not only can I not adhere to my budget, I cannot buy work clothes. I work in a professional office. Eating out is taboo. Grocery shopping is quite depressing. The gas thing is just an added event. I'm working, but it's like it was when I was unemployed - grocerys, mortgage, and gas that's it. No fun, that would have a cost attached. Happy-happy-joy-joy.

J from Eastern Shore, Md.

It is has been a big struggle, financially and emotionally. My husband is a carpenter and has been out of work for a very long time so I have been trying to support our family of 4/5 on my wages. I'm a secretary and in this area it doesn't pay a large amount. Most of the time I am borrowing for money to pay rent, and by the time I deduct what I have to repay the loan, I am bringing home near next to nothing. It has been a real stress point on my family, I only pray that it gets better soon. I'm thankful that I am not homeless, but it scares you to think that if things don't get better, it could be a possibility.

SJ from Raymond, N.H.

My husband has not been able to find a job for the last 14 months. He is 54. He has started applying for ads looking for unskilled laborers, which offer very low wages and still is not getting calls for interviews. We have had to cut corners so we can make it through this winter. Food prices have increased substantially, gas and oil prices are unacceptable and now as taxpayers, we have been forced to bail out banking and insurance companies who are failing due to greed and mismanagement.

I am sick of it. If the taxpayers are going to bail out a company in this country, we should all vote on it. AND, any product made outside of America should be taxed to the hilt when brought into our country.

One last thing, ANY company caught hiring illegal immigrants for any reason should be fined a mandatory fee of $1 million and a mandatory year in jail for the hiring manager. NO exceptions!

La Vonna from Citrus Heights, Calif.

In 1994, my husband and I had great jobs in San Jose, Calif. Within a two-month period, I was diagnosed with cancer (non-hodgekins lymphoma) and 2 weeks later my husband was laid off from his job after 21 years. I, too, lost my job after getting on disability just before a major lay-off at Raytheon. We eventually lost our home in the process.

With the retirement my husband had accumulated during his 21 years with Gerber we came to Sacramento, where we both were originally from, to start our own business. We used every penney of it to be sure our business would become a success. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it with the cancer, so my main goal was to start a business together so my husband would be well taken care of in case I didn't make it and also not have the disappointment of losing his job after so much dedication.

We started Sierra Pacific Bath & Kitchen, a sucessful remodeling company in the Sacramento area. Along with the many friends who have helped us through the years with our business in one way or another and the many dedicated employees we've had the pleasure to have on our team we also employeed 2 of our sons.

With this economy crisis, we're not only about to lose our business after 15 years, but possibly lose our home again as well. The worst part is that both our boys that have put their heart and souls into the success of our company also have families. If we go under, they too will possibly lose their homes. Our daughter-in-laws can't work because one just broke her knee cap in three pieces and the other one is pregnant along with a 1 1/2 year old.

The sad part is we've lost everything once before but we were younger and had my husband's retirement to start our lives over again. Now that we're older, we have nothing to fall back on because we've expired all of our savings this past year to keep going on. We can't collect unemployment because we own a business. That really hurts!!

The best thing about this whole mess though is that we are fighters and through it all my husband and I are as close as a husband and wife can be. I could probably stand to lose everything once again but if I lost him ... that would be unbearable. I have been cancer-free for 13 years now and just simply trust in God for whatever He has in store for our family and for our country. I don't know how people can get through these awful times without God to turn to.

Roberta from Kansas City, Mo.

I lost my full time job 1/7/08 and have not been able to hardly get any interviews let alone get a job. I'm one of those who is "over qualified" or "under qualified". I have gotten notice to vacate my residence this Friday, have no money, and I only have about 6 weeks of unemployment benefits left. I do have a part-time job and have finally picked up a few extra hours this week. The scene on the NYSE seems now to be mirroring what I and many others are currently experiencing -- only on a grander scale. I know I am getting close to my breaking point as I have no where to go and no money to go any where else. I am almost 60, very physically and mentally fit, have a master's degree in a field that I no longer wish to pursue, have spent the past 5 years in retail. I really want to become a paralegal and willing to go to work in any office because it has been 20+ years since I actually worked in a law office. I have worked continually since then but in various venues. I just want a job that pays enough so I as a single adult can reasonably live! And, now I have several months of past due payments for house, lot rent, $600 to get the gas turned back on, and tags expired on the car. H-E-E-L-L-L-P-P-P-P-P!!!!!!!!!

Roxy from Lodi, Calif.

I have taken wage cuts, job loss and am now struggling to survive. Our finances are not enough to meet our regular needs. I am losing my utilities and can only sit and go under to the point of homelessness. The sad thing is there are no services to assist my husband and myself. I look at it this way: I did not create the economic struggle, but I pay for it.

http://www.kpho.com/money/17506053/detail.html

DJ
    I wonder if these kinds of stories were sent EVERY DAY to Obama if he could continue to ignore the plight of our fellow Americans. I would like to see an onslaught of stories like these sent to every Senator and Congress person until they get it! Americans are in pain and so afraid of the future!

Such a sad thing my husband told me today: he heard on the news that a man went into Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove ("Hour of Pour" on TV), handed someone an envelope that had all his identification, and then went to the front of the sanctuary and shot himself! You know that this show of abject dispair is connected to our awful economic times.

Hang in there everyone! We will get through this.

i think these are stories that need to be sent to every elected
    MORONS in DC.

These stories all touched my heart and reminded me to be thankful for my blessings, even though I'm barely making it these days. The ones that really got me, though, were the veteran from Arkansas and the 61-year-old woman (I think it was a woman) with the kidney transplant, who now can't find a job and can't afford the medication to keep the transplanted kidney from being rejected.

Our country is being destroyed by the very people we elected! Do we deserve what we got? After all, isn't this all about Hope and Change? I bet those that voted for these pukes are saying "I HOPE we can CHANGE before the chosen one and his evil cronies destroy our country.!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I wonder if these kinds of stories were sent EVERY DAY to Obama if he could continue to ignore the plight of our fellow Americans. I would like to see an onslaught of stories like these sent to every Senator and Congress person until they get it! Americans are in pain and so afraid of the future!

Such a sad thing my husband told me today: he heard on the news that a man went into Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove ("Hour of Pour" on TV), handed someone an envelope that had all his identification, and then went to the front of the sanctuary and shot himself! You know that this show of abject dispair is connected to our awful economic times.

...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by DJ

EXACTLY! No one should be killing themselves over having lost everything. Sure, those in power are at fault and will see their due one day, but it is not us who have failed..we have been betrayed by not only the corporate elite but also by our government. THIS GOVERNMENT IS NOT WORTH TWO CENTS AND SURELY ISN'T WORTH DEFENDING. IT IS LEAD BY THE THUGS OF A NEW WORLD ORDER. Stop blaming yourselves, blame those who are in power and refuse to lend an ear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am also in the same boat...my job was outsourced 14 months ago
    and the only responses I get back from resumes is "Do you speak fluent spanish?"..to which I reply, "No, I don't HAVE to speak spanish, I live in THE UNITED STATES!"..my wife's and my 401k are gone, we have no savings and we live week to week off of her salary...at the same time, she is fighting cancer ...I asked the wonderful people at Sun Trust Bank if they could lower my car loan by $100 a month and they wont even talk about it(nice bunch of people...they told me TWICE if I would send a double payment, they would decrease the loan, then after I send it, they tell me there is nothing they can do for me...dont deal with these lying theves!)...if we dont organize a march on Washington, we are doomed...
    fight now or forever be a slave to the corporate elite!
    (I will be 61 in May)

Quote Originally Posted by fstede
    I am also in the same boat...my job was outsourced 14 months ago
    and the only responses I get back from resumes is "Do you speak fluent spanish?"..to which I reply, "No, I don't HAVE to speak spanish, I live in THE UNITED STATES!"..my wife's and my 401k are gone, we have no savings and we live week to week off of her salary...at the same time, she is fighting cancer ...I asked the wonderful people at Sun Trust Bank if they could lower my car loan by $100 a month and they wont even talk about it(nice bunch of people...they told me TWICE if I would send a double payment, they would decrease the loan, then after I send it, they tell me there is nothing they can do for me...dont deal with these lying theves!)...if we dont organize a march on Washington, we are doomed...
    fight now or forever be a slave to the corporate elite!
    (I will be 61 in May)
    I am one of the outsourced unemployed also. Sometimes I feel like we are fighting two fronts, half our jobs are going overseas and they are importing foreigners to come and take the few we have left. I am not talking about those with permanent residency cards, I am talking about the visa holders who were specifically imported to take our jobs.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now you got me going. I am starting at the top of the list of N Carolina Senators and going down with this article. Just to pass the word to these guys! And then on to Washington and other officials today. It is quick with copy and paste!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

i have a friend who was laid off in construction. he found out upon his firing, his employer hired 3 illegal aliens in his place to pay them lower wages and under the table. so for the price of his salary, this employer now was able to get 3-times the manpower for the price of one. he reported the employer, not sure what came of it, but this is something i am sure is happening across the boards.......so sad illegals are taking jobs away from legal citizens, and so sad employers are getting away with it......
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast