Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visa overstays bigger terror threat than illegal immigration

But no amount of border enforcement will have an impact on ''visa overstays," because they don't cross the border illegally in the first place, said Deborah Meyers, a senior analyst at the Migration Policy Institute, a Washington think tank.

''The overstay component has been overlooked," Meyers said. ''It's very important to make sure you're actually trying to solve the whole problem, not just the most visible parts of the problem. . . . From a security perspective, in some ways the overstay population is a bigger threat."

A potential terrorist who can obtain a valid visa is more likely to enter the United States legally than to risk apprehension by trying to sneak across the border with Mexico, Meyers said. Two of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers were in the United States on expired visas. At least six others had otherwise violated immigration laws but were nonetheless able to stay in the United States, according to the 9/11 Commission report.
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi ... uge_group/

I certainly agree overstayed visas are a major problem and I think that's next on the agenda after they secure the borders. And way, way before anything resembling amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They may have overstayed, but they didn'tpay someone to bring them in in the dead of night. Planned disregard of the laws of the country they want to be a part of.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Aryana proves she is a troll with this fraudulent tactic. The fact that one group is breaking the law does not excuse another group's doing so.

Hey, Aryana, how about we agree to get control of the illegal border crossers first and then put the hammer donw on those who overstay their visas? Can I get an "Amen!"?

I don't know if this is a 'troll' post or someone who has really just swallowed the line I have heard from the illegal organizations.

Terrorist MIGHT strike us here in the US. The MIGHT do damage in perhaps different areas - a lot of damage.

That is a possibility.

If all these illegals are allowed to stay, continue sucking up the earnings of working Americans, destroying our education system, our healthcare system, our legal system, our jobs and our very lives - then American is gone.
    It is destroyed - completely.

That is a certaintity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Read the other posts. In my opinion they are meant to attack and inflame.
    I vote Troll.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I also vote troll.

AMEN and a big Hallelujah brothers and sisters!

and of course troll.......

DEFINATE TROLL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast