Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Viva Texas-Style Justice!

By John W. Lillpop

Just before he was put to death on Thursday, Humberto Leal Garcia said, "I am sorry for everything I have done. I have hurt a lot of people. Let this be final and be done. I take the full blame for this."

Leal then shouted "Viva Mexico," followed by "I'm ready warden, let's get the show on the road."

Garcia’s confession, although not under oath and without the benefit of legal representation, should put an end to the foolish argument advanced by some which suggests that the brutal rapist-killer could have been absolved of his heinous crime if only he had been allowed to consult a Mexican lawyer.

The truth is that the man was as guilty as sin, and when you do what he did to 16-year old Adria Sauceda in Texas, you can expect to be sent away from this life, even it takes 17 years to send you away!

As to Garcia’s “Viva Mexico!,â€

working4change
    Mexican National Shouts 'Viva Mexico!' as He's Executed in Texas

As the lethal injection began taking effect, the Mexican National convicted of the brutal rape and killing of a teenage girl in 1995 shouted, "Viva Mexico!" just before he died at a Texas prison.

Efforts by Humberto Leal's attorneys to halt the execution fell short, with the U.S. Supreme Court turning back a stay request and Texas Gov. Rick Perry refusing to grant a pardon. He was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m. local time.

In his last minutes, Leal repeatedly said he was sorry and accepted responsibility.

"I have hurt a lot of people. ... I take full blame for everything. I am sorry for what I did," he said in the death chamber.

"One more thing," he said as the drugs began taking effect. Then he shouted twice, "Viva Mexico!" at a Texas prison.

President Obama, the State Department and Mexican authorities asked Texas for a last-minute reprieve, citing the U.N.-enforced 1963 Vienna Treaty, which requires foreign nationals who are arrested in foreign countries the right to access their consulates.

The U.S. Supreme Court denied Leal's request, calling his argument meritless.

In a 5-4 decision an hour before the execution, the majority wrote, “We have no authority to stay an execution in light of an 'appeal of the President,' presenting free-ranging assertions of foreign policy consequences, when those assertions come unaccompanied by a persuasive legal claim.â€

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Leal then shouted "Viva Mexico," followed by "I'm ready warden, let's get the show on the road."
    We shouldn’t be surprised one bit by this display. Whether a death row inmate about to receive his life ending hotshot, a mexican soccer fan, or a typical run of the mill illegal invader, ( of course “doing the jobs Americans will not doâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    And Casey Anthony is considering moving to Texas "good luck with that Casey!"

"If we ever go to war with mexico we are going to have a hell of a problem with 20+ million illegal invaders in this country; largely from mexico and fiercely loyal to that country!"

(Mod Edit/RB)

Sadly, there are some LEGAL immigrants from Mexico who, if war were to break out, might align with Mexico, at least emotionally, if not physically.