Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Voicemails: ‘Ben Carson Suspending Campaigning’; Cruz: ‘Accurate Report’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voicemails: ‘Ben Carson Suspending Campaigning’; Cruz: ‘Accurate Report’

EXCLUSIVE–Voicemails: ‘Ben Carson Suspending Campaigning’; Cruz: ‘Accurate Report’

Chris Carlson / Associated Press

by ALEX SWOYER
    4 Feb 2016

New audio obtained exclusively by Breitbart News indicates that as the Iowa caucuses began on Monday night, the Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) campaign called precinct captains informing them that Dr. Ben Carson was suspending campaigning, and instructing them to tell voters they should “not waste a vote on Ben Carson and vote for Ted Cruz.”

The calls were placed after the Carson campaign had already clarified that Carson was not suspending his campaign.
    Nancy Bliesman, a precinct captain for Cruz in Crawford County, Iowa, told Breitbart News that she received two voice mails–one at 7:07 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST), and one at 7:29 p.m.–on the night of the Iowa caucuses, which began at 7:00 p.m.

The first call came from a woman with a phone number out of Galveston, Texas at 7:07 p.m. (transcript follows audio):

[inaudible]…from the Ted Cruz campaign, calling to get to a precinct captain, and it has just been announced that Ben Carson is taking a leave of absence from the campaign trail, so it is very important that you tell any Ben Carson voters that for tonight, uh, that they not waste a vote on Ben Carson, and vote for Ted Cruz. He is taking a leave of absence from his campaign. All right? Thank you. Bye.

The second voicemail was left at 7:29 p.m. from an Iowa phone number that Breitbart News traced back to a Cruz campaign volunteer hotline.

Hello, this is the Cruz campaign with breaking news: Dr. Ben Carson will be [garbled] suspending campaigning following tonight’s caucuses. Please inform any Carson caucus goers of this news and urge them to caucus for Ted instead. Thank you. Good night.

“My precinct people voted” without hearing the rumor that Carson would be suspending his campaign, Bliesman told Breitbart News. “Ben Carson did get his votes in our precinct ’cause I didn’t take the calls.”

Bliesman’s husband, who was also with her on Monday night, told Breitbart News that they were at the precinct labeled “DC-A-B,” which stands for the areas of Dow City, Arion and Buck Grove.

According to Mr. Bliesman, the total vote count in the precinct was as follows:

Donald Trump = 33
    Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) = 15
    Ben Carson = 12
    Ted Cruz = 12
    Carly Fiorina = 3
    Jeb Bush = 2
    John Kasich = 1
    Chris Christie = 1
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) = 0
    Rick Santorum = 0
    Mike Huckabee = 0

Bliesman said there was a “huge turnout,” adding, “we had probably at least 100 percent increase from four years ago.”

“Everyone knows the mainstream media says things–whether it’s true or not, check it out,” she urged, saying she wishes the Carson campaign had been consulted before the report was spread.

The revelation about Cruz’s campaign calls and voicemails comes after an email surfaced from Cruz’s deputy Iowa campaign director Spence Rogers, sent at 6:56 p.m.–four minutes before caucuses began–suggesting that Carson would be “taking time off from the campaign trail after Iowa and making a big announcement next week.” The email told supporters: “Please inform any caucus goers of this news and urge them to caucus for Ted Cruz.”

Cruz apologized to Carson on Tuesday, saying his team should also have forwarded a subsequent after Carson clarified that he would not be suspending his campaign.

However, the Carson campaign had already clarified at 6:53 p.m. that he was not dropping out.

The original report by Chris Moody of CNN at 6:44 p.m. had reported explicitly that Carson was not suspending his campaign.
    Carson–who accepted Cruz’s apology–held a press conference on Wednesday, saying that he believes the messages sent out by the Cruz campaign damaged his results in Iowa.

On Thursday, he sent a message attacking the Cruz campaign, saying that “no attempts were made to verify the truth” about his departure, and that “no actions have been taken to correct the problem.”

The Cruz campaign referenced a clarifying tweet by CNN’s Chris Moody that was published at 7:30 p.m.

Cruz campaign spokesperson Catherine Frazier told Breitbart News on Thursday (via email):

The senator has already apologized for not more quickly making that clarification, and there is no evidence that our sharing of this news story impacted Carson’s campaign – he well outperformed expectations. The voicemails are in line with the reports that were made at that time. Our campaign shared an accurate report that Carson was suspending campaigning after the caucuses – he went home and he went to D.C. – and these voicemails do not suggest that he would completely drop out of the race.

Lastly, it should surprise no one that Carson’s initial announcement he was taking time off the trail would be a news story. It is highly unusual for candidates to take time off the trail between the first voting states.
    Carson modestly out-performed his public poll average in Iowa by 1.6%.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...clusive-audio/

MW

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No one likes a cheater, no matter how charming they are.
    Last edited by Newmexican; 02-05-2016 at 01:01 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    No one likes a cheater, no matter how charming they are.
    Who cheated and how? I'll admit there was a misunderstanding and maybe a few stupid mistakes by the Cruz campaign, but I don't necessarily see anything here that would label Cruz specifically as an intentional cheater. I can see how they may have thought Carson was suspending his campaign. Heck, he may actually being doing just that in the very near future according to some recent information coming out like the cutting of his campaign staff by 50% and going home to Florida and on to Washington, D.C. while all the other candidates went directly to New Hampshire. Does that sound like someone that is serious about his campaign? Glad I wasn't in Iowa and voted on him because if he does suspend his campaign in the very near future ..... I would have felt like I wasted by vote. Just saying .....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Who cheated and how? I'll admit there was a misunderstanding and maybe a few stupid mistakes by the Cruz campaign, but I don't necessarily see anything here that would label Cruz specifically as an intentional cheater. I can see how they may have thought Carson was suspending his campaign. Heck, he may actually being doing just that in the very near future according to some recent information coming out like the cutting of his campaign staff by 50% and going home to Florida and on to Washington, D.C. while all the other candidates went directly to New Hampshire. Does that sound like someone that is serious about his campaign? Glad I wasn't in Iowa and voted on him because if he does suspend his campaign in the very near future ..... I would have felt like I wasted by vote. Just saying .....
    I realize that you are a big Cruz supporter, but the phone calls were made, and little "legal doublespeak two step" is being used to justify them. No one likes a cheater and if the shoe fits they need to wear it not try to litigate it. This is my last comment/response on this. JMO

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    I realize that you are a big Cruz supporter, but the phone calls were made, and little "legal doublespeak two step" is being used to justify them. No one likes a cheater and if the shoe fits they need to wear it not try to litigate it. This is my last comment/response on this. JMO
    We'll just have to agree to have a difference of opinion on this. However, for the record, I wouldn't really call myself a "big" Cruz supporter. I currently support two candidates and one of them does happen to be Cruz. However, I would be just as happy to see Trump get elected ...either candidate is fine with me. It may seem I'm more of a Cruz supporter, but most of that appearance comes from my attempts at keeping them both on an even keel. You must admit Cruz does seem to get the brunt of the attacks around here.

Is the CEO of a company responsible for actions their managers take that effect customers? Yes. Same exact thing. If the CEO doesn't jump to remedy the problem then they are fully liable as well.

Cruz may have apologized but what fix is their in that? What remedy? A good person who saw they won by fraud would be calling for a redo even if it means they would lose because they believe in honesty and fairness. But is Cruz calling for a redo or even nullifying the results between Carson, Trump, and himself as the winner in an attempt to show he supports fairness and honesty? Has he followed up on finding out who it was that started it and removed them from his campaign publicaly along with any Precinct Captain that followed through without checking for verification as that captain could have walked over to the Carson captain to confirm it as simple as that.

But nope, Cruz has shown yet again his true colors. I don't get why your such a huge Cruz lover MW and some of your posts and attacks make me really wonder if your a plant of some sort which I sure hope not. But its time you open your eyes and stop trying to make excuses for complete BS behavior. Talk bad on how Trump said this and said that yet completely ignore actions of the one you look and their campaign that show complete dishonesty by ignoring a serious issue that is within their power to correct.

MW
    ReformUSA2012 wrote:

But nope, Cruz has shown yet again his true colors. I don't get why your such a huge Cruz lover MW and some of your posts and attacks make me really wonder if your a plant of some sort which I sure hope not. But its time you open your eyes and stop trying to make excuses for complete BS behavior. Talk bad on how Trump said this and said that yet completely ignore actions of the one you look and their campaign that show complete dishonesty by ignoring a serious issue that is within their power to correct.

I can't believe you just said that. How dare you call me a plant. You do realize I've been here for almost 10 years, don't you? I've made this very clear on numerous occasions, but at the risk of sounding redundant, I'll repeat myself one more time. I support Cruz and Trump. I used to support Trump a little more but after seeing the actions of his adamant supporters I've sort of edged Cruz ahead. However, I would be happy with either one winning. The reason I post more on Cruz and defend him is because Trump supporters on here are constantly launching grenades that are not deserved ..... some are just outrageously untrue. What really strikes me odd is that some Trump supporters clearly think Trump can say or do any wrong. They nit-pick Cruz to-death but completely ignore the things Trump has said and done that are very concerning.

By the way, why would you consider anyone supporting Cruz as a plant? So happens he has a lot of support among conservatives such as myself. Furthermore is is very strong on the immigration issue as witnessed by his position among the candidates at NumberUSA. He currently carries a sold 'A' grade, which is the highest grade of any candidate (Trump has an A-). Do you not trust their assessment? Last, but certainly not least, your personal attack on me is uncalled for (IMO).

He currently carries a sold 'A' grade, which is the highest grade of any candidate (Trump has an A-). Do you not trust their assessment
    For Cruz to be rated higher than Trump by NumbersUSA means their assessment system is derelict when it comes to candidates who are not members of Congress.

Cruz supports and introduced amendments to increase to H15 visas by 500% from 65,000 to 300,000 per year. Ted Cruz supports and introduced amendments to double green cards from 675,000 to 1.3 million a year. Cruz supports illegal immigration because he supports letting them stay here without mass deportations and supports legalization so long as they can never become citizens and vote.

Changing your tune after being nailed by Rubio in a GOP Debate in a race for President does NOT change the soul of a "committed conservative", it just means you're willing to lie to the 18 million people watching you stutter and stammer to save your ass in a race for the President. Rubio doesn't get much right, but when he told Ted Cruz in the last debate you'll lie about anything to get votes, Rubio was 100% right. Ted Cruz won't only lie to get votes, he'll lie to steal them in a voter fraud on election day.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    For Cruz to be rated higher than Trump by NumbersUSA means their assessment system is derelict when it comes to candidates who are not members of Congress.

Cruz supports and introduced amendments to increase to H15 visas by 500% from 65,000 to 300,000 per year. Ted Cruz supports and introduced amendments to double green cards from 675,000 to 1.3 million a year. Cruz supports illegal immigration because he supports letting them stay here without mass deportations and supports legalization so long as they can never become citizens and vote.

Changing your tune after being nailed by Rubio in a GOP Debate in a race for President does NOT change the soul of a "committed conservative", it just means you're willing to lie to the 18 million people watching you stutter and stammer to save your ass in a race for the President. Rubio doesn't get much right, but when he told Ted Cruz in the last debate you'll lie about anything to get votes, Rubio was 100% right. Ted Cruz won't only lie to get votes, he'll lie to steal them in a voter fraud on election day.
    Trump has no record, they can only go by what he says. Well, if you think they should be graded equally, than why not take Cruz at what he's saying now. You can't have it both ways. They are all graded using the same criteria at NumbersUSA. Furthermore, I believe NumbersUSA as a very highly respected organization, just like ALIPAC, in the fight on immigration. Cruz has fought for us on numerous occasions ..... how soon we forget.

Cruz has never supported allowing illegals to stay here. Moreover, he has since adopted Sen. Sessions position on visas. Cruz has never supported the legalization of illegals. Sen. Sessions made that very clear on several occasions. For some unknown reason you keep retracing back to the "poison pill" amendment he submitted during the gang of eight amnesty attempt. Sen. Sessions has said Cruz was his partner in the attempt at stopping the bill. You also seem to forget some other things that were in the amendment like the 700-miles of fencing called for in the Secure Fence Act of 2006, triple the number of border patrol agents, and that no one would be legalized until the border was secured. Sen. Sessions and Cruz worked together on the amendment to show the real motives of the gang of eight. It was designed to get the Democrats on record as opposing those things. Once the amendment was voted down, it showed that the Democrats weren't really interested in strengthening border security. It was, as has been explained to you a poison pill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast