Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Volunteers tell their story about Gulf Spill

when you call the numbers to volunteer you are passed around till you get to voicemail then your call is never returned.

How symbolic of the Administration overall...

More indication that the White House never intended to act quickly on cleaning up the spill:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat ... 50434.html

20 Comments

"Here in South Louisiana many volunteers have also been turned away. people volunteering to clean and transport oiled birds have been told that you have to be a "professional bird washer" and when you call the numbers to volunteer you are passed around till you get to voicemail then your call is never returned. we, down here, want to clean up our own areas and take care of our place but they are not letting. its almost like they want it to be that way"

"I'm in Fort Myers. Of course the exposed areas south and west are going to be a problem. Are we going to lie down and let the Federal Turkeys not do anything and destroy our life as the have the poor people in the upper Gulf. Take the matter into our hands and do what is necessary. "

"professional bird washer"?

How about a PROFESSIONAL President?

They needed this disaster/emergency, and they needed it to do as much damage as possible. I believe the failure of this administration to act was deliberately calculated to allow as much damage as possible in order to push Cap and Trade through.

This president and his thugs are guilty of the legislative equivalent of criminal medical malpractice. Let's keep an eye on what goes into the shredders at the White House.

I'll bet the bank on it!!
    <div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    They needed this disaster/emergency, and they needed it to do as much damage as possible. I believe the failure of this administration to act was deliberately calculated to allow as much damage as possible in order to push Cap and Trade through.

This president and his thugs are guilty of the legislative equivalent of criminal medical malpractice. Let's keep an eye on what goes into the shredders at the White House.

I'll bet the bank on it!!
    I'm very sorry to say that I agree with you. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" even when the crisis is created by the government. If Obama had accepted help from the Dutch government, I believe that no oil would have washed ashore to foul our beaches and kill wildlife.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know why they are turning away volunteers. They are hiring people to do the cleanup. When they hire them they make them sign a contract that they will not talk to the media. The media has been denied access to the area. This way they can control information about the spill. The paid workers are scared to lose their job. If they use volunteers, then they would not be able to force them to sign a contract or hold them to a contract because they are not being paid. Volunteers have no fear of being fired.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Volunteers

Volunteers are not overpaid UNION workers. Therefore, our present government has no use for them.

Do you know that other American oil companies are taking apart their oil rigs in the Gulf? My son was told to expect lay off as a result of Obama's moratorium on Gulf drilling. These are NON-UNION jobs that will be lost, many of them residents of Louisianna.

Wow ... I sure do agree with you redpony...
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

We need to impeach this jackass of a President. He is intentionally destroying this nation. He is a traitor from the word go. I refuse to abide by his rule. Why aren't more politicians screaming for his impeachment? What I would give to see that happen..