Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

YOU ARE RIGHT!!

You are right, Scuba. They have created what amounts to a Political Action Committee, similar to Alipac, but without the private effort neccesary to keep it going. So they ARE supporting one side.....

I'm only looking for ways to USE what they have put up to our advantage. Also, they probably didn't count on all the anti-illegal postings they are getting!

But you are absolutely right to be watching them and to be complaining about the favoritism for one political side. see my newest TOPIC POST - ILLEGALS VOTING
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Hey all I have AOL and never se this stuff, mayeb once in a blue moon!! I am going to ask, as I feel it shold be the same information and issues presented on both the English AOL & Spanish AOL, I will make some waves, we've had our AOL account for about 5 years.

I voted and might go back to post something, but do not know exactly which board to go to for my posting.

Wish me luck, I'll try to make em' sweat!! (and you know what, whenever I call them regarding our account I get someone with a name like "Jim" and he has a very heavy Eastern Indian accent!! There's where quite a few of our jobs are going to!).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

voting on the map?

You were able to vote just now, Elizabeth?

Yes, I know we can count on you to speak up, Elizabeth. Now that you've broken the ice, there is no stopping you!!

I will be bringing over more pieces they have posted that show their bias and I will provide translations. so that may help you with amunition. See my TOPIC on Illegals voting for the first entry.

To find the "foros" or the boards, go back to the page where you voted on the map. You will see a long list of news articles

noticias de inmigración News on Immigration

go to the end of the news articles and you will see alink named

"Opina aqui en los foros" Give your opinion here on the boards

Also, see Alipac post "All Alipac Members Deploy" which is under discussions, to find the English Aol discussion of Immigration.

RE: deep Indian Accents on the tech lines. Yes, I have noticed the same thing. As much as I love the Accent they bring to English (it sounds like a tambora drum to me), I am disturbed that Americans who spent thousands on their educatin in computers(and even helped to CREATE the internet and windows empires) are now being put to pasture because we have a whole Continent that wants to work CHEAP. I don't think those tech support people are even IN the U.S.! I think we are calling India! Isn't that where old GAtes is now? By the way, I got the same foreign tech workers when I called MSN tech support.

IF AL GONZALEZ HAS HIS WAY WE WILL ALL SOON BE GUILTY OF "HATE CRIMES" FOR EVEN CRITICIZING THE GIVING OF OUR JOBS TO FOREIGN WORKERS AND CUTTING WAGES SO AMERICANS HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE I see that coming, don't you?

There was a post about the reaction when the poster called news media to complain about news coverage never telling immigration status that was CHILLING! I don't know who posted it, and I can't find it now. I think it was one of Badmonkey's posts.

Scuba posted this, along the same lines, but at least they didn't THREATEN to charge him with a "hate crime" like they did in the post I am thinking of.

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-16315.html

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

thelmahopkins wrote:
    They Ferment the Crossing? I should think so- especially in hot weather
    so Slyvia - you speakah de spanish? it seems like a lot of articles on immigration over there
    i voted

fo·ment
    1. To promote the growth of; incite.
    2. To treat (the skin, for example) by fomentation.

[Middle English fomenten, to apply warm liquids to the skin, from Old French fomenter, from Late Latin fmentre, from Latin fmentum, poultice, from fovre, to warm. See dhegwh- in Indo-European Roots.]

and my name isn't slyvia and I don't speak spanish (but babelfish does, and some of it was written poorly in the translation so I cleaned it up)

i was kidding

IS THE VOTING STILL OPEN?

Actually, Thelma, I missed that. I don't really understand what you said about the fish and I'm not that curious about it, so its not a problem.

And you know the answer to your question.

HAVE GUN (i.e. ability to translate), WILL TRAVEL

well now Iam confused-- I thought babel fish was an obscure biblical, reference- ???

I happened to run across that posting I was refering to and it is by Reptile09. It is the 5th posting on this thread:

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-16314.html

REPTILE09 says: (color hilight is mine)

And this happens every single day. You turn on the local news and the first five to ten minutes are reports about murders, carjackings, rapes, molestations, etc. all having a Mexican... err Hispanic... err Latino... name, but they will never mention if they are an illegal alien. You have to look up these crimes on national news sites to get any real information on the immig. status of these criminal felons. And when I write to the stations telling them to stop hiding these facts, they just threaten me, saying they are going to report me to the police for hate crimes.
    my notes: I find this truly chilling and a harbinger of where we are going if we don't get Bush and Gonzales out of the head of Govt. This is an attempt at a Facist installation of BLINDERS on WE the PEOPLE..This is intimidation against knowing what we know and seeing what we see and NAMING it.

Thelma, I understand what No illegals was saying about the fish. there must be a translation service by the name of Babblefish. Right, noillegals?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yes I was able to vote. I also emailed (in great length) AOL's corporate site, and gave them a very large piece of my mind (do not worry I have plenty left for ALIPAC) about why they have not given the same opportunity for the English speaking AOL customers that they have to the Spanish speaking, and....that they are highly un-American for doing this along with outsourcing American jobs right out from under Americand feet when we are the reason they had become so successful. I said this is not American online anymore it's Latino Online or India Online. I also said that although I have had an account with them for about five years I will consider looking to another ISP and take others with me in the process and make sure people are aware that they are selling out America to non-Americans.

Now, hopefully I will at least get a response, but I'm not holding my breath as these big companies think they are beyond dealing with one person. Years ago I worked for one of the largest credit unions in Portland, Oregon and we were always taught that "no matter what, the customer is ALWAYS right" and that we would do everything for each one no matter what there account balance was low or high it did not matter, all were important. Too bad company policies and customer service, the way I was trained, has gone by the wayside these days. I was taught that when you lost one customer for bad service, you would lose about 100 more with them, maybe more.

I like for the most part the Indian people and they are SO kind and polite. However what it represents to me is one less entry level job for Americans. I know all too many people who are in their 20's, just starting out and cannot get full time work to support themselves, and sometimes a child as well, then they must depend on the state to help, they have low pay, little benefits and hours that are near impossible for single parents. This is what hearing those lovely Indian accents represents to me.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds good.

I think you did the right thing, Elizabeth. We must never give up and give in, even though we ARE fighting Giants. I think that we have alot of power we DON"T use and it isn't just at the voting place- it is the voting we do with our wallets.

I was reading an article in the local paper where Walmart says IT doesn't put small businesses out of business - consumers do it by voting with their wallets. Aside from the piteous refusal to take responsibility inherent in that view, he DOES have a point.

We should be boycotting all the companies that have been doing this to us, and seriously!! Trouble is, I don't know what we'd be left with. the companies think they know us well and we JUST WONT put up with any discomfort at all, so we'll always go for the low prices and HANG our principles. Its a vicious cycle, cause now many of us CANT AFFORD to shop anywhere else but the dollar store chains and Walmarts that are putting mom and pops out of business.

But how do you boycott internet service? How would we be able to do our Political Action work? We are much too dependant on our would-be corporate masters. I can do without AOL (just got a free 5 mo service last night! so my husband and I could post on AOL latino and maybe bring over some people who want to work together to beat this MONSTER that is consuming us.)

Do you have any ideas, Elizabeth? Who is already doing boycotts? Wehirealiens? Do we need to start up something for a national boycott of AOL? How would we do it? What is your thinking on this?
    ANYONE HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12