Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am pretty much in total agreement on everything you said.

We do need to get involved before the decision is made as to what candidate is selected for us. That is where the real change can/should be made.

The problem is that we probably only have, as I said, a miniscule number of lawmakers that MIGHT be on our side right now. America's side. That almost means we don't have much to loose but we do have the possibility of gain. No, we don't know what we will get . It will be a gamble - but we are not even gambling when we vote most of the time. We know what we are getting and it isn't good.

As for one issue - right now - it is almost one issue with me. Illegal immigration is bankrupting American taxpayers, destroying our education system, our LE system, our cities, our small towns, our sovereignty. It is giving power to Mexico to take over this country. With the help of our officials - both sides - Mexico and illegals have more power in this country than do the American citizen. If we don't fix that - no other issue will matter.

Personally, I think if they had even a smidgen of integrity, they would all resign and give back their retirements and all the monies they have stolen since taking office.

I really think if we knew exactly how our lawmakers had voted in the past, there would be no qualms about voting all of them out. But bottom line, what we are doing isn't working and we don't have a lot of time to fix it. Things are moving fast -

I shudder to think what this next congress will do to us unless we somehow get their attention.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hope I have enough time before election day, but just downloaded a pdf of the Nov. 7th ballot in our area.

There are many I've never heard of, as I haven't lived here all that long. I do know of a couple, one in particular who is good. Other is kind of a double speaker, and I just wrote and told her my thoughts about that. It had to do with her wanting the fence, virtual accessories (for lack of a better term at the moment), etc., and that it would be better for her if she took a more public and broader stance on the illegal immigration issue. i.e. "forget the temporary worker aspect" and that "detaining illegals without deporting them" was useless to begin with. The incumbent democrat voted for S2611, so he's a lost cause.

With a look at the pdf, I'm hoping that by the time election day rolls around, it gives me time to find out information about each candidate. Who is who and how they have voted, what they stand for, etc. Then will take two premarked selection printed ballots to the voting booth. One for me and one for my husband.

CrocketGhost is right. To my sorrow, in the past I have voted straight line Republican. (One exception was for a local sheriff who was running and he was a good man. That was in times past.) Now I realize that could be throwing the baby out with the bathwater! Hope I'm doing better this time around. I owe many of you appreciation and thank yous. If indeed, that is enough!

There is another thread on here regarding kids going to work. What a tremendously, fantastic idea. Many of us did chores and worked to earn money when younger. That would solve, as has been said, several problems. Reduce the weight issues, get them away from violent games and the internet, away from the t.v., increase their self-esteem for having earned money to have in their pockets, and hey .. what about replacing the illegal criminals? Another way to put them out of business. Just seems better all the way around. May just be a solution, proposal, made to these politicians.

Thanks again guys and gals. Needless to say, I have a lot to search for regarding some of these people on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    More out of Frosty's article;

Let’s start with some of the big ones. Dick Mountjoy faces Dianne Feinstein of California in November while Ken Chase tries to unseat Ted Kennedy. Both enjoy a good chance of being elected because their opponents are two of the most vocal open-borders and amnesty-for-all advocates in the country.
    Unfortunately, in reference to the Kennedy/Chase race, this just isn't true. I don't think Chase stands a chance against him. I agree that people need to educate themselves about the issues before voting, but it just doesn't seem like people in MA (I am generalizing, of course I am not one of those ) have done that. We have candidate for governor who is for in-state tuition, and driver's licenses and is still way ahead in the polls, then kennedy.. the worst of the worst! Wake up MA.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123