Requiring voter ID is about protecting the perception of the political process. It's needed to bolster the confidence of the American People that our process is secure and free of any illegalities that may undermine the political process. After all what good is my vote is it's undermined by vote cast by an illegal that doen not have the right to partcipate in the process.

I have been to Mexico on election day and they are serious when it comes to voter ID. They require a national voting card(with picture) that is checked against a district manual with the pictures of every constituant that lives in that voting district. If the two do not match up, you do not vote, It's that simple.

How ironic that we have men and women in the armed services, who are dying all over the world in an effort to protect and promote the democratic process and yet our elected officials will not even give our process the same protection.

Our elected cowards do not even have to shed blood, they just need to do what's right and sign a bill. But they cannot even muster the courage to do that. Its makes me want to vomit literally.