Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voter Identification and Citizenship Verification

http://www.txccri.org/publications/VoteID.pdf

Too long to post the entire document but well worth reading.
    I would very much like to attempt to get a hold of our local voter records but I don't really know how to go about doing it. Any suggestions? our county elections department website has no information regarding how to do it either.

I also intend to interrogate the local elections department as to why when I voted, I wasn't asked to provide any ID and why when I showed my ID anyway was told that they didn't need it.
    Seems to me that county elections in whatever county is at liberty to do what they want rather than what is mandated to do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I also intend to interrogate the local elections department as to why when I voted, I wasn't asked to provide any ID and why when I showed my ID anyway was told that they didn't need it.
    Seems to me that county elections in whatever county is at liberty to do what they want rather than what is mandated to do.
    Because when you fill out your voter registration you are suppose to provide Id and swear your a legal citizen , That is why a lot of polling places do not ask for ID

But with acorn and others signing up anything that breaths (or doesn't ) you can be thousands , if not millions of those names on the rolls are bogus

DJ
    This is why our next big issue needs to be the requirement of Picture ID
    when voting. It needs to be a national requirement.

You need picture ID for everything....
    Even my 94 year old immigrant Aunt had picture ID from the Moter Vehicle Office in Florida.....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn

What they said and continued saying over and over while I was watching the polls when people wanted to show their ID was...

""""We don't need that drivers license only your book and or voter card but primarily the voter book. You can get one of those licenses illegally at any swap meet in town....We rely solely on your signature....Your signature was written when you registered to vote...See here it is in the computer""" They would then show you your signature, if you asked why.

The one thing I noticed repeatedly was the changes of address I didn't think they were supposed to change them at the polls.

Kathyet