Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VOTERS ARE GIVING OPEN-BORDERS FOLKS A LOT OF GRIEF

In case some of you haven't seen this from NUMBERSUSA

{exerpt}
    NEWS FLASH: Today in the Utah GOP Convention, Rep. Chris Cannon (R-UT) -- one of the loudest champions of amnesty in the U.S. House -- was forced into a public primary after coming in second in voting! This is yet another in a string of recent local victories, showing that our stance is muscling up through the electorate. (Read more below.)

4. VOTERS ARE GIVING OPEN-BORDERS FOLKS A LOT OF GRIEF -- Cannon story

Rep. Cannon's problems today are similar to what we are saying in many locales across the country. Voters are starting to make a real difference.

A couple of years ago, Cannon was bragging that he was the White House point man in the House for Bush's efforts for a guestworker/amnesty program.

He appeared at the National Council of La Raza to receive an award for his championing of illegal aliens and he was widely quoted in national media giving the reasons why illegal aliens are good for America.

Two years ago, Matt Throckmorton kept Cannon from getting the 60% of GOP convention votes necessary to go on the ballot in the fall. That is almost unheard of for an incumbent Congressman, but Cannon's immigration positions gave Throckmorton a good handle to turn. Cannon went on to win the primary but with only 58% of the Republican voters supporting him.

Ever since then, Cannon has been a little more careful and has voted pretty well on enforcement issues while continuing to push for amnesties and massive guestworker programs.

Political newcomer John Jacob (a wealthy land developer) mounted a strong challenge to Cannon based on his support for amnesty and not only denied Cannon his 60% but actually beat him 52-48.

That means the Republican voters of Utah's 3rd Congressional District will get a chance to cast a clear immigration vote a month from now, deciding whether Cannon or Jacob will be the Republican nominee on the November ballot.

This is a huge development, especially since the Wall Street Journal and Grover Norquist have been claiming for a couple of years that Cannon's victory in '04 was proof that our immigration-reduction message just can't win at the polls.

Jacob needs to be better still on immigration. All of you in Utah need to really press him to become a clearer champion of our issues. To send him an immigration survey, click here.

We had another victory at the polls in the last week in Nebraska.

Congressman Tom Osborne lost his primary attempt to run for governor. As a long-time hero football coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, with huge margins of victory in the past and with an endorsement by Sen. McCain just before the primary, Osborne had looked like a sure thing.

But he lost. And even he said that one of the main reasons for his loss was his support for in-state tuition for illegal aliens. His opponent stood firm against providing incentives for illegal aliens.

Osborne was a lackluster Member of Congress on our issues, with a B-minus. He wasn't that bad. But Nebraska voters made it clear that they prefer somebody a little more excited about protecting them from out-of-control immigration.

BTW, McCain spoke at the Utah convention before the vote on Cannon. McCain did his usual plea for a massive guestworker program (which, for him, includes citizenship for illegal aliens and future guestworkers). Cannon has been one of the most enthusiastic supporters in the House for solutions like the ones offered by McCain.

If McCain had an effect on the delegates, it was to remind them why they didn't like Cannon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Because I had to WORK, I missed the primaries here in Nebraska unfortunately. But I am exceedingly happy that my fellow voters spoke for me in this instance - Osborne WAS NOT going to get my vote because of his stance on in-state tuition to illegal aliens! Present Governor Heineman is not perfect on the issue of illegal immigration here in Nebraska either, but he is a heck of a lot tougher than Osborne and Nabity.

Heineman will probably get my vote
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Concerned..........best turn up the heat on him NOW before the election.
    but, you already know that
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yuppers, I know it quite well. Never fear
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!