Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Voters Are Watching

In response to Lou Dobbs' commentary on the media and as a follow up on calls made to D.C. for Hold Their Feet To The Fire, I sent the following to my Senators and a similar letter to my Congressman.

The Voters Are Watching

Dear Senator,

Let me first start by saying I believe you are a genuinely nice person. I've seen you and Senator XXX speak on several occasions and respect you both.

In recent months two things have been become very obvious to me.

One, the vast majority of American people do not want amnesty for illegal aliens. We want no new guestworker program, no path to citizenship or any other thinly veiled amnesty. We want people in the U.S. illegally to return to their home country and get in line like law abiding immigrants.

Two, there are members of the U.S. Senate and U.S. Congress that want amnesty regardless of the will and wishes of American voters. Those in D.C. who vote for any bill that even smells like amnesty, do so at their own peril.

There's no question that amnesty, no matter what it is called, would have a calamitous effect on working citizens and their families. I offer as proof of that assertion, this fact; the industries in which illegal aliens are employed in the greatest percentages also are suffering the largest wage declines.

The voters of America will be watching their elected officials this year like never before. As much as I like and respect you, if you ignore the wishes of your constituents, my friends, family, colleagues and I will work as hard as humanly possible to see you are never elected to public office again.

You have an opportunity and an obligation to vote with the majority of citizens in mind, and the majority says "NO" to amnesty.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Very well said.

Very well said.
    And exactly what I will do also.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

JAK
    Nice Letter!

Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    The voters of America will be watching their elected officials this year like never before. As much as I like and respect you, if you ignore the wishes of your constituents, my friends, family, colleagues and I will work as hard as humanly possible to see you are never elected to public office again.
    This is exactly how I feel and what I intend to do. Good letter!