Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VP Joe Biden had two brain surgeries in 1988; given a 50% chance of being normal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

VP Joe Biden had two brain surgeries in 1988; given a 50% chance of being normal

No Joke: VP Joe Biden had two brain surgeries in 1988; given a 50% chance of being “normal”

Well, this certainly explains a lot. I’m not trying to be nasty here, but I’ve often wondered if Joe Biden had some mental health issues. I’m not the only one either. The guy says and does some of the craziest things imaginable on a regular basis.

Well, as it turns out, Joe Biden did have some serious brain issues in the late 80s and had two major surgeries to fix an aneurism. Monday, he spoke about it at at the White House.

Here’s the video:

Video at the Page Link:
    http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/523...geries-in-1988

from CNS:
    “The only totally un-chartered portion of the universe is the brain,” Biden said in his White House speech. “You know, as we used to say in the Senate, excuse the point of personal privilege here: I had two cranial aneurysms, and they literally had to take the top of my head off. I mean, they take a saw and they cut your head off, and go in to find the artery that is—one was leaking, the other that hadn’t, before it burst.

“Those of you who are docs know every profession has their sick jokes,” said Biden. “The joke among docs is: How do you know someone’s had a cranial aneurysm? On the autopsy table. Only 20 percent of the people have it even get to the table.

“Well, one of the fascinating things is, that the second operation, after the first one, which was a bleed, and they gave me a relatively low chance of surviving,” said Biden. “I remember going down, and asking the doc, and, you know, you’re counting the ceiling tiles and you’re heading into the operating room—a lot of you’ve been there. I said, ‘Doc, what are my chances?’ I had two great neurosurgeons. And I’ll never forget—I will not mention his name, but he’s one of the leading neurosurgeons in the world—he said: ‘Senator, for mortality or morbidity?’

“And I’m thinking,” said Biden. “No, swear to God, I mean, you know, jeez. Well, I said, ‘Let me put it to you this way.’ It was a long road to the operating room. I said—this is absolutely a true story—I said: ‘What are my chances of getting off this table and being completely normal?’ He said: ‘Well, your chances of living are a lot better.’

“And I said, ‘OK. What are they?’ He said, ‘Well, they’re in the 35 to 50 percent range.’ And I thought, well—seriously, I was a born optimist—I said, well, hell, that means 35 out of 100, 50 out of 100 make it. I might as well be the one,” said Biden.

“I said: ‘What’s the most likely thing that will happen if I live?’ He said, ‘Well, the side of the brain that the first aneurysm is on controls your ability to speak.’ And I thought: ‘Why in the hell didn’t they tell me this before the ‘88 campaign?’ It could have saved us all a lot of trouble, you know what I mean?”

read the rest

Again, I’m not trying to be mean spirited with this story. I sincerely wonder if Biden’s brain issues have effected some of his reasoning. He has demonstrated hundreds of times over the past four years that what he’ll say is completely unpredictable.

I can’t help but be troubled that he’s a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

11:54 am • 6 June 2013 • 1 comment and 5 reactions

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/523...geries-in-1988

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Odd's were against him; he's alive but Joe didn't make it back to Normal
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)