The following is a REAL internal e-mail message from a State of Washington social services agency. It discusses how to skirt the law and place foster kids with illegal aliens.

The first paragraph is a narrative from a social worker decoding the message so that people ouside the agency can understand what it means. The second section is the actual e-mail memo as written by a State of Washington Social Services supervisor.

I find this disgusting and probably illegal, you be the judge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Text in blue is an explanation and definitions to set up the actual email.

This email came to workers at the state this week. Myra Casey is the Regional Administrator for the region, which is basically the Western rural half of Washington, except the highly populated areas like Seattle. From Forks and Pt Townsend area down to Vancouver, and from Olympia/I5 corridor all the way West to the coast. Thought you might find it interesting to read what was sent out. This is about how to HELP illegal aliens become placements for children who have come into the care of the state due to abuse and neglect.

Relative Placement means we clear relatives (even if they are illegal) to be a placement for a child and then the state (through the TANF program) pays an average of $450 per month to have them care for one child. It goes up in pay for more children. The state would also pay for daycare for the child, as well as all medical and dental needs. If the family needs help with clothing for the child, we pay that. If the family needs other help - we often help in any way necessary to make it work.

Suitable Person Placement means someone who is NOT related to the child, but somehow has a connection to a child such as they are a friend of the family or they are a neighbor who knows the child or any other small connection. The state will do a homestudy to approve them for placement of a child based just on the fact that they know the child somehow, even if they are NOT a relative. Once approved, they receive all the same benefits I described above!

Licensed Home means they can actually be licensed as a foster home so that a child they know OR a child they do NOT know can be placed with them for foster care. This means illegal aliens can be licensed to care for children who are U.S. citizens. They receive a great deal more money for being a licensed home. The pay scale is much more per child they care for. In stead of being paid through the TANF program, they are paid through the foster care program.

Now, remember, if at any time the child becomes legally free and the family is approved to adopt them, the state then pays for Adoption Support, which includes a medical/dental card until age 18, counseling if the child ever needs if before age 18, all attorney fees paid for finalizing the adoption AND a monthly stipend to care for the child. The amount offered depends on the child's disablities, but also takes into account a family with a low income. The less you make, the more likely you are to get a higher monthly stipend.

Actual email below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:26 PM
To: DSHS DL CAR6ALLSTAFF
Subject: Working with Immigrants

Good Evening Staff,

Last month (I think) while in Vancouver I heard some concerns from workers about working with undocumented families. This topic was discussed at our monthly regional management meeting and as a result Diane Chesterfield, Region 6 AA for DLR, sent me a link to the Northwest Immigrant’s Rights Project (NWIRP). The AG’s office had advised DLR that they could refer individuals who fit this scenario (Hispanic families who are reluctance at times to pursue becoming a “suitable personâ€