Yes I live two towns away from Lynn. Lynn, Lynn city of sin, never come out the way you go in. I dont really believe these pro open border lobbyists were serious about having their people learn english. They were just using that to sugar coat the american people. Yes, these people are here illegally. YOu wanna know how I know? In order for my dad to get a green card to come over here, he had to be able to speak and write enough english to get by. Believe me, they may have come here on tourist visas but the embassies dont hand out green cards to people who they feel would be a burden on the economy. When we were studying for the citizenship test(at that time it was 200 questions) I asked my dad, "why does the United States want us to be able to answer questions that most americans dont even know the answer to? My poppy explained to me that it is because the United States wants to give citizenship to quality, educated people who can prove to be an asset to the country. That made me so proud. Well, now the citizenship test has even less questions and I hear that illegal aliens from mexico and central america have the option of taking it in spanish. WHAT THE HELL? I have also heard that they supply interpreters now also for the illiterate immigrants who need each and every question read to them.

Did I read that right that the U.S. is going to use money as an incentive to get these people to take english classes. It is bad enough that we taxpayers have to pay for their english education for their children as well as for them. I hope we will not be paying them to go to english classes as well. I used ask people that I interpreted for," how long have you been here". Usually that answer was either 5-10 years." Then I would say, "and you cant even say hi in english. After so many times of interpretting for the same people, I would ask,"why havent or why wont you learn english" I would get them information on classes that were free at the YMCA . If they use the old "I cant read excuse, " I would offer to dub them copies of my families english lesson tapes. Then usually would come the excuse, "Oh, I cant do it anyway." Illegal alien hispanics from mexico/central america seem to believe once you were in your 20s, that the brain is no longer capable of learning a language. Amazing isnt it. Yes, they put all that pressure on their children to be their interpreters whereever they go. Bottom line, based on my time spent interpretting for these people, they dont want to learn english. The lobbyists/activist groups have only hurt them more by encouraging businesses in latin communities to have bilingual employees as do the schools, doctors offices, etc. It seems now these pro illegal alien groups who assured us on lou dobbs that the amnesty bill they want would require their people to learn english. Now they are saying they are unprepared to provide their people with the english lessons . They were only saying that on the news just to make the amnesty more appealing for americans seeing as how we are annoyed by their lack of integration.