Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Captainron wrote:

Just a question: Who will those wintering tourists rely upon for their sevices? This going to be a complicated problem taking a lot of creativity.
    I honestly believe that the jobs that would be left empty would be filled by American citizens. I used to sell hiring software to the Hospitality Industry. I had one major client near Disney that went out of their way to keep a clean staff. They used background screening services and the Basic Pilot program and ran a staff of 4000 without a single illegal on their staff. They were diligent about it and did just fine.

Don't forget that there is abject poverty in many parts of the South and given a chance, citizens would like many of the jobs where illegal aliens now have hiring preferences. They did those jobs themselves at one time and their kids might like to have a shot at them now.

I'm telling those of you who haven't seen the tidal wave of illegals yet, ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE GIVEN PREFERENCE OVER AMERICANS FOR JOBS. And it will only get worse http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=70229 .

As a native of Southern Ohio, I know Kentucky well. My entire family's roots are from some of the poorest parts of Kentucky. When I hear Mitch McConnell side with Amnesty I get enraged. Anyone who lives outside of Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati or Frankfurt knows that real poverty still exists in Kentucky. With the right opportunity, those jobs he wants to give to people whose only acomplishment was making it across the border, could be going to truly poor Americans.

In Oregon, the berry picking industry only 25 years ago was dominated by local kids making some extra spending money in the summer. Between do gooders in office changing child labor laws and the danger of having kids in the fields with the increasing number of migrant workers, that practice has dried up. Do you realize that the 550 jobs left empty two weeks ago at Del Monte in Portland are being filled by Americans?
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Daedalus Wrote:

What this all boils down to is avarice on their part. Personally, I am not really affected by illegal immigration, but the common good of the nation takes precedence for me above all other considerations. The Founders were classical republicans who believed liberty is grounded in virtue. Unfortunately, over the years, we have strayed from this self-understanding. The degeneration of our republic into a tyrannical oligarchy has been the result.
    Please share my story with your friends and family if the hoardes haven't taken hold in your area yet. The first thing we have to do is kill this horrible bill.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Just a question: Who will those wintering tourists rely upon for their sevices? This going to be a complicated problem taking a lot of creativity.
    I think that native Americans will once again take those jobs. But in the event they don't.........we have millions and millions of people who have made application to emigrate to this country - honorable people who have observed our laws and are waiting their turn. If we don't have enough labor force to fill those jobs, then every time an illegal is deported it will open up a slot for one of those who has done it the right way. And we will embrace them and welcome them with gool ol' American spirit and hospitality.

I am so sick of hearing the Bush rhetoric..."These are just hard workin' folks who are doing jobs Americans WON'T do"!

Maybe we could have something like an online registry of AMERICANS who WILL take those jobs! We could have a city by city roster compiled of various occupations, i.e. meat packers, restaurant workers; hotel workers; construction workers; ag workers; landscaping, maid service, etc., etc. with the names, addresses, and phone #'s of Americans who are ready and available to do these jobs.

We could also compile a list of Americans who have been DENIED employment in lieu of illegals (for whatever reason.)

We have to break up the monopoly that exists in the construction and service related industries. The Service Employees Union is full of illegals! Since when can illegals belong to a Union? Most of these illegals cannot even speak English!

I would love to see our own American kids walk into a MacDonalds and say..."I AM an American and I WILL take a job here! I speak English ONLY...any problem with that?"

We have to start holding the employer's feet to the fire! Where is the so-called 'diversity' when everywhere we go, every employee is hispanic? And most of them are non-English speaking at that!) It's not diversity...it's reverse racism and I'm sick of it!

There are a lot of things we need to do to take back our country.

The first thing we need to do is flood each and every office of the US Senate with phone calls, faxes and e-mails today and tomorrow.

We have to stop the insanity to stop the insanity!

I am taking a day off work tomorrow to make 100 phone calls, who will join me?

For all of the new people, be absolutely sure to sign up at NumbersUSA to fax Congress for free. Go to Congress.org to send e-mail messages to approximately 94 members of the US Senate. ALIPAC also has a multitude of resources for contacting Senators.

By the way, Barack Obama doesn't want to hear from you. He is the only Presidential candidate who is a current Senator who will reject your e-mail. Not getting my vote.

Please take a minute and e-mail my original posting to EVERYONE you know so they can see what Des Moines, Indianapolis, Missoula or Grand Rapids may look like if they don't act. If this could happen in Portland, it could happen anywhere. Just copy and past into an e-mail.

As Fedup shared earlier, our Midwest town is looking more and more like Mexico every day. Today, I passed a car dealership, and the cars all had little American flags on them, but one large MEXICAN flag flying higher than all of them. I wish I had my camera...How sad...how very, very sad.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234