Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wanted: Conservative Senator for Filibuster Duty

As the US Senate immigration reform bill---AKA, undeserved amnesty---advances, America is truly at a critical cross-roads.

In December, the House did a fairly competent job by passing a bill that would tighten border controls and erect a border fence. Among the more praise-worthy aspects of the bill: It included no provision for amnesty, AKA, guest worker.

Now its time for the US Senate to act. Things look grim, because the Senate appears ready to embrace amnesty. However, at this point no one can be certain what the outcome will be on the floor of the senate.

By contrast, everyone knows that president Bush is on the wrong side of this issue, and that the senate is full of yellow-bellied vipers who would rather learn Spanish than defend America. Nearly all Democrats fall into this latter category.

Still, there are hopeful signs: Bush’s plummeting polls and high negatives may embolden some GOPers to do the right thing. Bush's idiotic position on PortGate has caused many Americans to rightfully question his “war on terror” credentials.

If enough people are able to see that PortGate and the Senate Bill are identical in that both represent huge loopholes in Homeland Security, perhaps Bush will be forced to abandon this amnesty foolishness.

Finally, the fact that senate rules have not been revised to prevent filibusters may be a blessing. To wit, it may be necessary for a patriotic GOP senator to exercise the filibuster option in order to kill amnesty.

The big question: Is there at least one Republican senator with sufficient courage and moral conviction to filibuster the outrageous senate bill in order to save America?

Sessions
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    Sessions

HE IS TERRIFIC

I like your flag!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

dxd
    Keep in mind that if a filibuster is launched, cloture can be filed and the filibuster can be overcome with 60 votes. So it would take 60 votes to overcome the filibuster and then a simple majority for final passage.

Banned
    I've already written to Sen. Isakson encouraging this idea. I even suggested he talk to Sen Sessions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    Keep in mind that if a filibuster is launched, cloture can be filed and the filibuster can be overcome with 60 votes. So it would take 60 votes to overcome the filibuster and then a simple majority for final passage.

Understood. I think we can prevent them from getting 60.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I've already written to Sen. Isakson encouraging this idea. I even suggested he talk to Sen Sessions about it.
    God Bless you. Think I will email Sessions as well--being a non-resident of ALA will not help thought

I already sent an e-mail to Sessions asking about filibustering. I wrote in an Alabama address.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    I already sent an e-mail to Sessions asking about filibustering. I wrote in an Alabama address.
    You clever rascal. I emailed him but was honest about being a Californian---which means your email will be read while mine is deleted!