Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

War On Christmas Continues

[b]
    Monday, December 17, 2007

War On Christmas Continues

The Left’s war on Christmas continues this year. Barbara Walters, co-host of ABC’s The View, spent much of last Thursday’s show grumbling about receiving a Christmas card from President and Mrs. Bush that included a Bible verse. Walters said, “First of all, let me show you the cover of the White House, which is nice and bland…so that’s pleasant enough. This is what interested me, that it is a religious card. Usually, in the past when I have received a Christmas card, it’s been ‘happy holidays’ and so on… â€

JAK
    [quote]Walters seemed astonished that on a religious holiday (which literally means “holy dayâ€
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK wrote
    As far as I am concerned Jesus is the reason for the Season. Take him away... take it all away!!!!!!!!
    Easy, commrade, I understand your frustration, but I will never NOT celebrate Jesus' birth without Christmas and that the true meaning of Christmas will never change.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We're a Wiccan family here and celebrate the Winter Solstice (which is this Saturday). Americans are more diverse than ever with religions. Even at our local "New Age" shop they were saying "Happy Holidays" and not "Blessed Yule". So even they are cautious at what they say.

On one of the talk radio shows, there was a story about a woman who got tired of hearing how the ACLU wanted NO nativity sets on government property.

SHE TOOK A NATIVITY SCENE, set it up at her local courthouse. Of course someone immediately filed suit to get it removed.

The judge threw it out, saying it represented this woman's FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Therefore, it was suggested, that people all over the country start placing nativity scenes at their courthouses.

I believe the term Happy Holidays was orignally short for saying "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year". Funny how things get changed.

Christians can change that in one year.

If Christians would begin now to plan next Christmas and make it a totally non-commercial celebration, things would change.

If Christians would let stores know they did not intend to shop at any store that did not announce 'Merry Christmas' and acknowledge the reason for the celebration, then they would not spend money there.

They need to remind merchants that a holiday that accounts for 50% or more of their yearly income is because of the birth of Christ and the Christian religion.

One year when 'black Friday' is really a black Friday, and the next year, there would be nativity scenes, Merry Christmases, etc., all over the place.

We need to put our money where our mouths are - that goes for our illegal immigration problem also.