Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WARNING: A collapse from within!

Here is a great comparison of Rome and the USA which was posted on another forum:
    " Immigrants and non-Roman citizens WERE a tremendous problem that helped pave the way for the destruction of the empire. Originally, only Romans could be citizens. And, only Romans were expected to serve in the army. At a certain point, the need for troops began to outweight the citizen contribution, so they enacted a program very similar to our own whereby you could earn citizenship through military service. As the empire continued to grow, non-citizens were increasingly gaining positions of power and influence and some had closer loyalties to their ethnic brothers than to Rome. At various points in history the emperors conferred Roman citizenship upon great numbers of people that they had conquered.

These people influenced the direction of Roman history. As citizens of Rome they were entitled to the same priveleges that ethnic Roman citizens were. They took jobs and land that would normally have been reserved for the traditional citizens. Barbarian tribes began to frequently invade and settle in Roman lands, demanding concessions and various degrees of autonomy in exchange for not pillaging even more. The effect was that the population of the Empire began to become increasingly loyal to their own ethnic groups rather than Rome. Many of the later Western emperors were truly incompetent, but many of the problems that they bungled were related to this immigrant population.

As more and more provinces rebelled and as the barbarian tribes became more and more powerful (and wanted to move further and further south) Rome became increasingly dependent on soldiers that were either foreign or new citizens. It's hard to tell a foreign born general what to do when he has twenty thousand troops under his command. Immigration did not bring down the empire. But it certainly was a major contributer to the political, economic, and military problems that eventually brought the western empire down. The dillution of "Romans" from the Roman economic system caused great strain on the empire and helped to create a situation that the emperors were not able to deal with.

I think that the Rome/USA comparison that is made is on target. Immigration and "citizenship" are issues in both examples, the US and Rome. It creates problems for both the existing citizens and the new comers. It dilutes the national identity of both Romans and Americans. It helps to create a strong underclass that, eventually, will want to be on top. There are many, many valid comparisons."
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Very valid comparison...

Imagine you were back in time about 60 years and you're in the street burning the U.S. flag or screaming outloud that this is your country and for us to get out.

I question how long you would have before someone found you a rope and tree.

Today in our society we have become too passive and diversified to care that we have people here illegally telling us to get out of the country we were born in or went through the immigration procedures that ARE ALREADY in place.

Elect a President, leader of the Executive Branch (in charge of enforcing the laws), who will in fact ENFORCE the laws!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Elect a President, leader of the Executive Branch (in charge of enforcing the laws), who will in fact ENFORCE the laws!!
    Yes, agree we need someone with a military background, someone with balls that stretch from the east to west coast!

Frankly, I blame political correctness for most of the problems in our nation today. Mostly it started back in the 70's...anyone expressing any thought that contained a lick of common sense or a single hint of individual freedoms got swarmed, shamed. It took a lot of self confidence to continue on your own path while faced with that sort of government and peer pressure...we still believed a lot of stuff on tv at that time...I think some people do still harken to the voice of the tv...and we passively accepted all they said.....we had the 'smoking police'...the 'food police'...I've forgotten just all of the things they used to bring pressure on the individual...but it was a relentless flow of 'thou shalt nots'...

It worked...now no one wants to have a single thought that isn't 'approved' by all...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Diocletian

Study the period of Diocletians' reign, it describes his attempts to mitigate the effects of invasive immigration into the Roman Empire, with disastrous results. The end of Rome, 470 ad if I remember correctly.

Gibbons "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" written in the 16th century is a great resource.

The walls have begun to crack, get ready

The Romans hired mercenaries to fight their wars.

Over and over I hear despicable vile American citizens proclaim on ratio talk shows that our "mercenaries" are volunteers, that whatever happens to them; death, injury, etc. is the "wages" of their having volunteered. They ARE getting paid for "it," yah' know.

Then I hear the same people shout their support for sending troops overseas.

Is the miltary activity we see on TV a thrill for those unwilling to serve yet view the "mercenaries" as mere cannon fodder? Is it akin to the gladiators spilling their blood to entertain the Roman citizens?

Of course we will avoid a draft at all costs: the tactics the elites will use to keep their spawn out of the military will point out to the masses just how much the elite class scres the "commoners."

And, thanks to the endless propaganda and brainwashing so many common folks are hoodwinked, led to believe it is the "other guy" who is being screwed.

Sigh.......

Maybe this country/culture deserves to be invaded. Perhaps too many of the citizenry is unworthy of the efforts of our warriors and those who have cast off the elite class-induced brainwashing of the masses that as things are is correct, proper and as it should be.

Its the liberals that aren't worthy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would suggest that most adults are not worthy - however, the children do not deserve what they will inherit.

It is bad, it is sad, and the numbers are worse than even I thought.

I still think we could change it if we voted out all politicians now in office and if we boycott - but we must be careful there.

Also, my husband and I are working on growing a garden, just got some baby calves . We intend to raise as much food as possible, be healthier.

He also is going to teach our grandchildren to speak Spanish. That is something our schools will not do. They wait until they are in high school, then teach them to conjugate verbs.

My son is very bright in math and science so he is going to fill in the education that is lacking in our schools and hopefully we can afford to send them for a good education.

Maybe when they are grown and educated, they can choose where they want to live. If America has become the cesspool I am sure it will be, they can move to other countries that have paid attention.

That is, if those countries would have Americans by then.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast