Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Washington Times story on guest workers

I tried to cut, paste and do the hoo-doo thing, but it didn't work for me..

Story tells of all the Senators that want guest workers.....mostly democrats.....But many Republicans too....

I've been emailing Dems., telling them if they are upset about the UAE/port deal, they should also be upset about all the illegals here, and our open borders...

I can't think of anything else that might sway their minds on this....
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Re: Washington Times story on guest workers

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I tried to cut, paste and do the hoo-doo thing, but it didn't work for me..

Story tells of all the Senators that want guest workers.....mostly democrats.....But many Republicans too....

I've been emailing Dems., telling them if they are upset about the UAE/port deal, they should also be upset about all the illegals here, and our open borders...

I can't think of anything else that might sway their minds on this....
    air-ye-go moosetracks

Majority in Congress support guest worker program
    By Stephen Dinan
    The Washington Times
    Published March 4, 2006
    http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.ph...4-124659-2333r

WASHINGTON -- Republicans and Democrats in Congress would accept a guest-worker plan, according to a new poll that found more than 70 percent of senators and representatives supporting the idea.

The National Journal Insiders Poll, a survey of members of Congress, found both parties are ready to accept a plan that would allow more foreigners to legally come to work in the United States.

Support was 73 percent among Republicans and 77 percent among Democrats.
    The Insiders Poll surveyed 111 members of Congress. On the guest-worker question, 84 responded -- 41 Republicans and 43 Democrats.

One Democrat who supported a guest-worker program said there's little chance of success.

"The reality is that the prospects of a guest-worker bill are dead," the Democrat said. "The Republican base is too animated over immigration, and the Dubai fiasco will embolden them to further separate from the president."

bit-o-Ruckus
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

Would someone please explain this ? The beginning of the article sounds as though the chances are good, but at the end they say a guest worker plan is dead.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess this is good news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, it is. And with the rucus they've let get out of control on the border, The president's attempt to play an extortion game"you'll get a secure border when I get my guestworker program" is going to take an 86 just like all the other business (and businesses) he tries or has tried to run.

the man is a collossal failure.

There's plenty that want it, yeah, but there are many different versions of it. Even Tancredo has said we would be able to have one at some point in the future after the situation has been put under control.

he**, I'd want it too if they would talk about it AFTER we get control of the border, get all the illegals out, get Americans back to work and restore all the unions that were ruined by the illegal invasion. It doesn't hurt to give controlled temporary workers the jobs we really DONT want to do. (and there ARE some).

There's plenty that want it, but there's no agreement on how to implement it, and they CANNOT let that border go the way it is waiting for a guestworker program agreement. Really, once again, Mexico has been its own worst (stupid, greedy)enemy. While I hate that people are endangered on the border, the escalation of border problems couldn't have come at a better time for the anti-guestworker side!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo