Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What kind of judges would Obama appoint to the Supreme Court as opposed to McCain? As well, there are many judicial openings at the Federal level. Just imagine what a couple more Ruth Bader Ginsbergs on the Supreme Court would mean. How many openings are there at the Federal level to be replaced with extreme liberal judges? How would they rule on any immigration-related issues? Any anti-illegal laws which might be passed could easily be overturned or ruled as "unconstitutional" by very liberal activist judges. Voting principles is very noble, but it might end up being a Pyrrhic victory if any victory at all.

Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    What kind of judges would Obama appoint to the Supreme Court as opposed to McCain? As well, there are many judicial openings at the Federal level. Just imagine what a couple more Ruth Bader Ginsbergs on the Supreme Court would mean. How many openings are there at the Federal level to be replaced with extreme liberal judges? How would they rule on any immigration-related issues? Any anti-illegal laws which might be passed could easily be overturned or ruled as "unconstitutional" by very liberal activist judges. Voting principles is very noble, but it might end up being a Pyrrhic victory if any victory at all.
    I don't think there would be any difference in Supreme Court nominees where immigration is concerned. McCain would nominate nothing but corporatists. Take that to the bank.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Not sure I understand your logic Vortex. Your suggestion is that we've already lost some ground on the aforementioned topics so we should just throw in the towel? Where I live we still have private property rights, we still can buy and own guns. I just bought a nice AR-15 last week Money collapse? I still make a living for my family and buy the goods we need. There are jobs available as well. Texas hasn't gone whole hog for abortion rights and we probably never will. Gay marriage? Not here. Pre-emptive Military action? Just try to take our guns and see what happens

Bottom line, I always have and always will subscribe to an old fashioned bit of wisdom from the Greatest Generation..Never Give Up, Never Give In...

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    TexasBorn wrote:
    Private property rights? Gone. Gun ownership? Forget it! Gone. Your money? Say bye, it will be spread around. War against terror? Nah, terrorism is just a bumper sticker. Protection of the unborn? None. Legalization of marijuana and possibly other drugs? You betcha! After all, it's no worse than a beer or two, right? Gay rights/marriage? Premiering soon in your local elementary school! Military action? Hold on, we need to first get approval from the U.N.!
    Prayer in school? No way...that's a clear violation of the separation of church and state.
    Private property rights have been gone since Kelo v. New London was decided in the favor of the town by the Supreme Court, effectively ruling in favor of eminent domain. Gun rights have been gone for years in Washington, D.C., and they were removed by officials after Hurricane Katrina. Money collapse is worldwide as the world's largest consumers are losing their jobs daily. Unborn protection is an invasion of a privacy. Marijuana legalization has already happened with presciptions for people with macular degeneration. Gay marriage is available in a few states and is already discussed in the school systems. The threat of terrorism has been beaten to death, while borders are still wide open and no one checks the safety of products coming into this country. Military action, with our pre-emptive strike theory, has happened and is still happening.
    Prayer has been taken to extremes, when taxpayers have to provide footbaths for Muslim students.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I do understand where all of you are coming from. I supported 3rd party not too long ago, but Texasborn pretty much know why Obama can't win...I don't know if there is any Mike Huckabee supporter here or not, but I see why you like him. I like him more and more as I get to know more about him. I recall people arguing over his immigration stands...I know that was my biggest reason why I didn't support him than. November 4th is almost here. We got alot to think about don't we?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678