Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Water Rescue Calls Increase

8/13/07

Video: Sara Morris Reports on Increased Water Rescues

Water Rescue Calls Increase

A rash of border crossings in the past few weeks has kept rescue crews busy as illegal crossers take their lives in their hands.

On Sunday, El Paso fire crews found the body of a man in his 30s. It was the second body water rescue crews had found in the last three days.

On Friday, fire crews found another body, which has yet to be identified.

This happened just a few hours after fire crews rescued a man from the canal near Fonseca Street Thursday night. That man suffered only minor injuries.

Fire crews say all three people crossed illegally into the U.S. and somehow got stuck in the canal.

"It is, it is sad," said Claudia Rodriguez of West El Paso. Especially when they bring young kids, and sometimes they die out in the desert too and that is sad."

KFOX asked El Pasoans about to see what they would like to see done along the border.

"Either put a holding around it or simply cover the whole thing up, or maybe put a taller fence so they won't be able to get in as easy," Rodriguez said.

Putting up more barriers, like a wall, is something Congress considered, but failed to ever pass.

"Give them a 20-foot wall and they'll have a 20-foot ladder, said West El Pasoan J.J. Muro. "I mean, yes, it is a good idea to have the wall there, but even if the wall is there, people are still going to come over and come across."

Thats why Muro believes the solution to stop people from getting into the canals and possibly drowning is bigger than just creating barriers. He believes it all comes down to the government deciding on an immigration plan.

"The amnesty program the work permits, it all needs to be, you know, Congress needs to come together and work together with that, I guess work in unison so these issues can be resolved and less deaths in canals will occur," he said.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/13876965/detail.html
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"It is, it is sad," said Claudia Rodriguez of West El Paso. Especially when they bring young kids, and sometimes they die out in the desert too and that is sad."
    What's really sad is that these law breakers risk their children's lives teaching them to break the law!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am so tried of hearing about 20 foot fences. A 20 foot wall will decrease the number of illegals and drug smugglers crossing the border. it will give time for border patrols to arrive and pick up the invaders and drop them across the border at a legal station.

while I hate to hear about the deaths of people crossing the border, I am fed up with US taxpayer resources being used to rescue illegals. If mexico wants to be concerned about its people it should send out patrols to find the people and take them back instead of encouraging them to cross the border.

Mexico has blamed America for everything instead of taking responsibliity for its people. It is time that we really stop being nice and worrying about those who put themselves and their children in danger.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    I am so tried of hearing about 20 foot fences. A 20 foot wall will decrease the number of illegals and drug smugglers crossing the border. it will give time for border patrols to arrive and pick up the invaders and drop them across the border at a legal station.

while I hate to hear about the deaths of people crossing the border, I am fed up with US taxpayer resources being used to rescue illegals. If mexico wants to be concerned about its people it should send out patrols to find the people and take them back instead of encouraging them to cross the border.

Mexico has blamed America for everything instead of taking responsibliity for its people. It is time that we really stop being nice and worrying about those who put themselves and their children in danger.
    I wonder is there border patrol agents on the Mexico side? Also what would they do if one of there citizens (deserters) was drowning?

On that note is there Canadian border agents too?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

A rash of border crossings in the past few weeks has kept rescue crews busy as illegal crossers take their lives in their hands.

On Sunday, El Paso fire crews found the body of a man in his 30s. It was the second body water rescue crews had found in the last three days
    OK, who's been putting crocks in our moat?

To all of those who think I'm being insensetive--Why should I give two hoots about an illegal who has drowned in a river when they don't care about how illegals are MURDERING American ciitzens after they get here?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish

On Sunday, El Paso fire crews found the body of a man in his 30s. It was the second body water rescue crews had found in the last three days
    OK, who's been putting crocks in our moat?

To all of those who think I'm being insensetive--Why should I give two hoots about an illegal who has drowned in a river when they don't care about how illegals are MURDERING American ciitzens after they get here?
    Rockfish...I don't see you as insensitive. I don't give a hoot about an illegal alien drowning either. I'm beyond that. The illegals have destroyed any shreds of remaining compassion I had for them. They've pushed me to my limit.

If they die in our deserts or drown in the water while attempting to come into our country illegally, then all I can say is that they brought it on themselves.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Why don't we just build them a bridge? Park a bus on this side that says Las Vegas tours on the side then when the bus is full remove the tour sign to show the DHS sticker.

I have a modest proposal; since Louisiana and Florida have a surplus of Alligators, some of which have made nuisances of themselves, might we not capture a few of these gators, and rather than destroying them, transport them to new homes on the Rio Grande and the associated canals in Texas. That sounds like a win-win situation to me, for all three states, the Gators, and America. There's something amusing about contemplating encounters between illegal border swimmers and a "Cajun' yard dog" as we call them down south!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

I believe we should be asking Mexico why are they not educating their citizens on the dangers of trying to come to the U.S., instead they are encourging them to come here, Where is their guilt?

Why is it everyone wants to put the Americans on a guilt trip, we are not asking them to come here HEEELLLOOO, we are trying to stop them from coming, I'd think the message is loud and clear, geeez I wonder why we are becoming insensitive!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly
    I have a modest proposal; since Louisiana and Florida have a surplus of Alligators, some of which have made nuisances of themselves, might we not capture a few of these gators, and rather than destroying them, transport them to new homes on the Rio Grande and the associated canals in Texas. That sounds like a win-win situation to me, for all three states, the Gators, and America. There's something amusing about contemplating encounters between illegal border swimmers and a "Cajun' yard dog" as we call them down south!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast