Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Waukegan -287g publically asked for at council mtg. tonight.

I posted this in the campaign. Forgive me for posting it here again but I would so love for this to go all the way...

During the city council meeting tonight at audience time a citizen asked for the council to have officers trained in the 287g program. The mayor did not discount it but rather said it would be looked into. He had several concerns and may need assurance/education how valuable it is. He said you can not ask a person's status when you do a traffic stop. He needs to know how valuable it would be in the jails. ON and on...

It looks like our local radio talk show host will be going to the rally in DC as well. More on that later. So trying to keep the heat on in Waukegan.

If anyone would like to email and educate/inform these good Waukegan city hall folks/police that 287g is needed and valuable we would be so very happy. The more cities that talk about this the better.

rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us, riverafriends@yahoo.com, ray.vukovich@ci.waukegan.il.us, russ.tomlin@ci.waukegan.il.us, moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net, mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us, wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us, jafig8645@hotmail.com, john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us, edithnewsome@aol.com, tenpas6@yahoo.com, wbiang@waukeganpd.net, greathouse@waukeganpd.net, pneedham@iconnect.net, aldermancunningham@sbcglobal.net

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's Great News!!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you Dixie. The radio guy, Fred Flannigan, made the offical announcement tonight. He will be broadcasting Mon, Tues, and Wed. He said his first guest will be Tom Tancredo.

I will post this again with a link to listen and/or a phone number if anyone wants to call in.

fedupinwakegan-

What's that picture in your frame about?
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Happy to oblige. We have this long road in town -Washington, which has dozens of Hispanic stores. This is certainly one that stands out. This one used to be a post office. I called once and the person could not speak English and said, "Uno momento." Another person came on to tell me. I've taken many pictures -I like to throw them in here and there. Here's another.... Another travel shop actually has a sign on it; We speak English too!

Also, someone posted this after recently announcing at the council meeting that we should have officers trained in the 287g program. Anyone have a moment to be on of those 10-15 to contact them?!

Hopefully more people will show their support in favor of it at the next council meeting. It really is up to the council and not Chief Biang. Certain council members seem sympathetic to the issue. If 10 or 15 people would urge the council I bet they would go for it. They can be hesitant or afraid to act on their own but if the citizenry applies pressure they just might be swayed.

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6976

Thank you, fedupinwaukegan. I used to live in Waukegan when my husband was stationed at Great Lakes going to B school. It was a quiet, wonderful town. I can still remember the snow and the quiet and the wood smoke in the air from the fire places. And, the cheese and margarine and the color to put in the margarine. Fight hard. You have a great place to protect.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

[
    quote="fedupinwaukegan"]Thank you Dixie. The radio guy, Fred Flannigan, made the offical announcement tonight. He will be broadcasting Mon, Tues, and Wed. He said his first guest will be Tom Tancredo.

I will post this again with a link to listen and/or a phone number if anyone wants to call in.
    Yes please post the link, us people at home want as much info as we can get about whats going on.

I sent e-mails to the above links, hope it helps!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)